blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5615 5616 5617 5618 [5619] 5620 5621 5622 5623 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443868 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84270 on: July 31, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »

Cheers for that doobs.  Interesting.  So given August should be in line with standard annual averages what is the percentage chance roughly of it going past 91 degrees which was reached in July?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84271 on: July 31, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »

Cheers for that doobs.  Interesting.  So given August should be in line with standard annual averages what is the percentage chance roughly of it going past 91 degrees which was reached in July?

Can't do that now, sure you could get hold of data for the best temperature in August for the last few years if you look hard enough.  Might have a look later.

Just looking at next week's forecast I think the odds on July is right.  There looks little chance of a record next week.  The Met Office are saying you can't really guess the last 2 weeks in August right now.  I wouldn't reverse the bet on the Express story.  My mum reads it and it really is astonishing how much of their "news" is just mindless speculation at the future. It is all house prices to soar, unemployment to plunge, temperatures to soar etc. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84272 on: July 31, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »

Was only half watching that race on Goodwood, that ground didn't look very firm...

Edit can someone who watched it properly give their opinion.  I just looked up saw the finish, and they seemed to be kicking the ground up.  

Edit again.  Probably firmer at the start than the end, but probably still good to firm.  Haven't seen the times or anything.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:33:15 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #84273 on: July 31, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »

Paddock watchers can be bracketed with psychics and mediums imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #84274 on: July 31, 2014, 02:49:40 PM »

We do get 8 runners in the 2.35 Gdwd but Moonraker being backed now, Jungle Cat good also. Though some think this is risky to accounts online.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84275 on: July 31, 2014, 02:54:17 PM »

Apparently, the £750m contract United have with Adidas (that's the one with the stripes; not the swooshy one) has a termination clause, in the event United are relegated.

Can't be too careful.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #84276 on: July 31, 2014, 04:12:01 PM »

what a game animal
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #84277 on: July 31, 2014, 05:53:05 PM »

what a game animal

yeah unf it literally did "go close"

you should chat up birds on trains more often btw
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #84278 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »

ohhhhhhh ul Charlie
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #84279 on: July 31, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »

I see that 5pur2 have made their marquee signing for the coming season.

Danny Rose for five years.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84280 on: July 31, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »

I have absolutely no idea what that's about.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #84281 on: July 31, 2014, 10:04:40 PM »

Tottenham HotspurVerified account ‏@SpursOfficial

"We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Sporting Lisbon for the transfer of Eric Dier, subject to a medical."

Reportedly for £4m. One for the future I presume as he only played 13 times for Sporting last year.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84282 on: July 31, 2014, 10:48:16 PM »

Tottenham HotspurVerified account ‏@SpursOfficial

"We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Sporting Lisbon for the transfer of Eric Dier, subject to a medical."

Reportedly for £4m. One for the future I presume as he only played 13 times for Sporting last year.

Yes. Dier is a centre back, though, and Rose was leaving a few days ago. But, with Assou-Ekotto training on his own (in France), Kyle Naughton the subject of interest (indeed) and Vertonghen being linked with Barca, maybe we've decided we need to keep Rose.

You remember Danny Rose, right?

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #84283 on: July 31, 2014, 11:17:08 PM »

However.....

peripatetic

Now we are cooking. Proper wordy writing that. Chomps won't even know what it means. 

When i used to recruit meter readers that word was in the role profile. Whilst i loved the word, the target market we were trying to attract didn't know what it meant so we changed it to something more simple hoping they'd then give it a go and flick in an application.

Think we just said, you'd be walking alot and it wasnt much good if you were scared of dogs. Oh and you had to be able read and ting.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84284 on: July 31, 2014, 11:49:35 PM »

However.....

peripatetic

Now we are cooking. Proper wordy writing that. Chomps won't even know what it means. 

When i used to recruit meter readers that word was in the role profile. Whilst i loved the word, the target market we were trying to attract didn't know what it meant so we changed it to something more simple hoping they'd then give it a go and flick in an application.

Think we just said, you'd be walking alot and it wasnt much good if you were scared of dogs. Oh and you had to be able read and ting.

What kind of an organisation uses peripatetic as a term for a job description?! It's a nice example of a word alternating consonants and vowels, though.

It was also the school Aristotle ran in the Lyceum (he couldn't have it in a house as he wasn't able to own property, not being a child of Athens, like his mentor, Plato). He'd have loved this thread. Big fan of analytics.

Pages: 1 ... 5615 5616 5617 5618 [5619] 5620 5621 5622 5623 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: