blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6201 6202 6203 6204 [6205] 6206 6207 6208 6209 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443438 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #93060 on: December 28, 2014, 11:20:49 AM »

Pardew looks a ridic favourite in the next Palace manager market. Scuy have just cut from 8-11 to 4-7 despite 4 being available on the machine. Can't be too careful and that.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/crystal-palace/next-permanent-manager

Story in today's Sun...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6216968/Crystal-Palace-will-beg-Tony-Pulis-to-return.html

Pulis ruled himself out but these things can change and it's low-risk at double-fig prices imo. Flick in a ten spot at 14 with BMU.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #93061 on: December 28, 2014, 11:26:28 AM »

No real view or knowledge, but is it wise to bet for or against Poshies right now, with them being so predictably unpredictable? Think we have them to go Up, Down & Middle, none of which are certain to get home.......

Hi,

No unpredictability in the form.

Last 4 games at home and the only win was against League 2 Carlisle in the FA Cup.

I wouldn't go the whole hog and back every option against Posh but believe Doncaster to win a half at that price is the value bet for this match.

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93062 on: December 28, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »

we already have £70 on this afternoon's game

don-don ht/ft 6/1 20
doncaster   14/5   50

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93063 on: December 28, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »

No real view or knowledge, but is it wise to bet for or against Poshies right now, with them being so predictably unpredictable? Think we have them to go Up, Down & Middle, none of which are certain to get home.......

Hi,

No unpredictability in the form.

Last 4 games at home and the only win was against League 2 Carlisle in the FA Cup.

I wouldn't go the whole hog and back every option against Posh but believe Doncaster to win a half at that price is the value bet for this match.

I'm sure you are right, guess I'm a bit Poshed out. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93064 on: December 28, 2014, 11:30:39 AM »

we already have £70 on this afternoon's game

don-don ht/ft 6/1 20
doncaster   14/5   50

Err, go go Donny. I think.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #93065 on: December 28, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »

A lovely assist in France yesterday
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #93066 on: December 28, 2014, 11:59:38 AM »

Pardew looks a ridic favourite in the next Palace manager market. Scuy have just cut from 8-11 to 4-7 despite 4 being available on the machine. Can't be too careful and that.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/crystal-palace/next-permanent-manager

Story in today's Sun...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6216968/Crystal-Palace-will-beg-Tony-Pulis-to-return.html

Pulis ruled himself out but these things can change and it's low-risk at double-fig prices imo. Flick in a ten spot at 14 with BMU.

I quite like Popovic here. He has built a very good reputation in the A-leagues and is a bit of a palace lege.

He is best priced 10s (General ). I 'flicked in a ten spot' at 12s after hearing him mentioned on Talksport yesterday. He's maybe too short now, but I can't have Pulis. Him and the chairman will simply not work together. Having said that, Jose ended back at Chelsea, so you never know.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #93067 on: December 28, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »

Story in today's Sun...

I quite like Popovic here. He has built a very good reputation in the A-leagues and is a bit of a palace lege.

He is best priced 10s (General ). I 'flicked in a ten spot' at 12s after hearing him mentioned on Talksport yesterday. He's maybe too short now, but I can't have Pulis. Him and the chairman will simply not work together. Having said that, Jose ended back at Chelsea, so you never know.

Popovic was mentioned last time a lot (i backed him at massive prices) but they never actually interviewed him

Its worth pointing out his team in the A League are currently third bottom with 3 points. To be fair he has done well in previous seasons

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #93068 on: December 28, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »

Arsenal look very short @ 5/4 away to WHam today especially as we'll probably be fielding another makeshift defence due to Koscielny's questionable fitness. It''ll either be that or Monreal who actually deputises fairly well but I dread to think of him duelling with Carroll for high balls in the box.

The walrus has a decent record against us and Giroud will be a big miss defensively too as he is key for us at corners and the like.

Personally I'd snap anyone's hand off who offerred me a point.

I think fred should consider laying Arsenal @ ~5/4*

* I still want Arsenal to win and will not pretend otherwise should we do so.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #93069 on: December 28, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »

Not for Fred, but bet £3.65 have City's Stevan Jovetic best price 15/4 to score first against Burnley and this seems way too big. Most firms are 3/1.

I am a bit of a Jovetic fan boy and boldly predicted he would score 20 goals for City this season. Unfortunately he has had no luck with injuries. He was on fire pre-season, and has looked sharp in the few games he has played this season. He is reported to be in line to start after being an unused sub on Friday.

The thing that makes the bet so appealing is the EW terms (unlimited places 1/3 odds)

This makes him 5/4 to score anytime and most firms (including bet £3.65 LOL) have him odds on to score anytime.

I'm flicking £24 EW here.

Redarmi likes this even more than I do. However, Jovetic has drifted to , which looks like City may play the 'false No 9' again and not risk Jovetic from the start. Not sure how the bet is affected by this? I vaguely remember reading on here how some bookies have changed their first/anytime goal scorer t&cs
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #93070 on: December 28, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »

Further news

Tp http://t.co/Hc1wEdyyWH

Looks to have been interviewed by Brighton or at least could be (been matched fairly short for Brighton on machine)

And re Popovic wants full control according to this http://t.co/OIt2EcxX1e

Considering they did not give TP full control cant seem them giving it to a relative rookie
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #93071 on: December 28, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »

Not for Fred, but bet £3.65 have City's Stevan Jovetic best price 15/4 to score first against Burnley and this seems way too big. Most firms are 3/1.

I am a bit of a Jovetic fan boy and boldly predicted he would score 20 goals for City this season. Unfortunately he has had no luck with injuries. He was on fire pre-season, and has looked sharp in the few games he has played this season. He is reported to be in line to start after being an unused sub on Friday.

The thing that makes the bet so appealing is the EW terms (unlimited places 1/3 odds)

This makes him 5/4 to score anytime and most firms (including bet £3.65 LOL) have him odds on to score anytime.

Redarmi likes this even more than I do. However, Jovetic has drifted to , which looks like City may play the 'false No 9' again and not risk Jovetic from the start. Not sure how the bet is affected by this? I vaguely remember reading on here how some bookies have changed their first/anytime goal scorer t&cs

Just 365 matching best price i would think rather than anything else

Would personally not be keen on backing such an injury prone striker as Jovetic each way even though i am a fan.

Personally i cant see why he would be rushed back for today, been very impressed with City the last two game without a striker no reason it wont work again today.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #93072 on: December 28, 2014, 12:41:02 PM »

Just 365 matching best price i would think rather than anything else

Would personally not be keen on backing such an injury prone striker as Jovetic each way even though i am a fan.

Personally i cant see why he would be rushed back for today, been very impressed with City the last two game without a striker no reason it wont work again today.

Don't think he's been rushed back. He was on the bench vs WBA so must be fit enough to play. Agree that  City have been doing well without a no. 9 and there are bigger games for Jovetic to make his comeback in. Indications yesterday were that he will play though. I'm off to watch it so will have a nice live sweat.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #93073 on: December 28, 2014, 12:43:04 PM »

Enjoy

I actually think backing him win only at 4/1 if he starts obviously is a good bet

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93074 on: December 28, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »

Morning all...Any strong fancies or opinions out there on today's NFL?

Obviously a minefield for the punters, as we've not got much of a clue as to who's going to be rested/given a run out today. Possible fun money options...

Just a thought - this is probably quite obvious - but should we be considering a bet on JJ Watt scoring a touchdown? Any MVP aspirations he (and his franchise) might have would need a reminder to the judges of how good a season he's had, while some of the others warm the bench. It is a poor game on paper, which no one will be watching with any interest, so making the national papers requires something special.

Also, well, it's the Jaguars and the possibility of him scoring a strip sack can't be overlooked. The Jags' red zone (last 20 yards) defence is actually good, so the obvious plays of giving it to Arian Foster when close up needs to be defended so there might be a gap or two in the endzone for a highlight reel monster.

Am thinking more from the skill position perspective, though.

Any others worthy of consideration in that respect? Maybe Brady anytime with centrepiece of the run-blocking defense, Marcel Dareus out? He hasn't scored a rushing touchdown all season and will almost certainly be rested partway through. Gronkowski is equally so important to the Patriots, it's hard to see him playing much more than half the game

Aaron Rodgers is 11/2 with BMU anytime and does at least have a rushing touchdown to his name this season. The Lions will be getting at Rodgers and will have been encouraged by the performance of the Buffalo Bills against him a fortnight ago. He's had a calf injury this week, mind, and whilst that won't keep him out, it's possible thrashing further limits his involvement and his mobility.

Back to JJ Watt, then. Anytime is a stingy 7/2. However, first TD is 22/1 with the green bookie, who also have double odds if the first touchdown bet scores a second during the game. I know Fred can't get on but I'm happy to accommodate if Fred thinks it's any good (thinly veiled active "we hear you" account brag).

Open to suggestions...

Houston can still make the play offs. win the game must come first, before any thoughts of getting an extra vote for MVP for something that probably won't be influenced too much at this late stage anyway. this would lead me to suggest that first TD is pretty unlikely, and if he is on offense it will be if the game is won/late on

he's got 4 TDs in 15 games, 3 on offense, one an interception so 7/2 anytime doesn't seem out of line, if anything too short

in general as you say its an odd week, i think i would look at the following games for bets, where i know both teams are 100% motivated ie they have something to play for and starters won't be pulled at half time etc

lions at packers (unders?)

bengals at steelers (maybe the steelers -3)

panthers at falcons (overs?)

chargers at chiefs (unders?)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 6201 6202 6203 6204 [6205] 6206 6207 6208 6209 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: