blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:50:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273469 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3923 3924 3925 3926 [3927] 3928 3929 3930 3931 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13641335 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58890 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:52 AM »

will be interesting to hear sky reverting back to pretending the european comps dont exist!

A bit like they used to with Formula One

I'm not sure the Bookies will like this deal, either. CL nights generate stupendously high numbers of bets, partly because so many people subscribe to Sky TV, & can watch them. 

The biggest single betting Event each week is the televised Monday Night Football. Amazing thing, the power of TV, & the spin-offs are manyfold. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58891 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:52 AM »

Wonder if Tighty agrees with me on this......

Leicester to beat Forest today @11/10 is quite generous.  We are just plain awful at the moment, have a terrible record there, our strikers cannot score (still), are in a false position in the league, have 2 centre backs injured, are under pressure, and well, Leicester are in form.

All points to a home win to me.  I expected this to be something like 4/6 when I looked.

Worth a bet Mr Tighty?  £20?

Ha. I am not sure you've told me anything the price doesn't know. I think it will be very tight indeed, no great confidence here.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58892 on: November 09, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »

Leicester to beat Forest today @11/10 is quite generous.  We are just plain awful at the moment, have a terrible record there, our strikers cannot score (still), are in a false position in the league, have 2 centre backs injured, are under pressure, and well, Leicester are in form.

All points to a home win to me.  I expected this to be something like 4/6 when I looked.

Worth a bet Mr Tighty?  £20?

Ha! Off we go again.

I'll let Tighty decide on that.

One awaits......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58893 on: November 09, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »

will be interesting to hear sky reverting back to pretending the european comps dont exist!

A bit like they used to with Formula One

I'm not sure the Bookies will like this deal, either. CL nights generate stupendously high numbers of bets, partly because so many people subscribe to Sky TV, & can watch them. 

The biggest single betting Event each week is the televised Monday Night Football. Amazing thing, the power of TV, & the spin-offs are manyfold. 

Over 2m have subscribed to BT Sport since October and now that will rise again

They are also promising Group games will be free to air, ie to non subscribers too

As to the cash, clearly the clubs in the competitions will see another uplift but I can't see how that breaks down yet

Finishing in the PL top 4 is about to take on even more significance

My eyes are open wide
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #58894 on: November 09, 2013, 10:17:54 AM »

Leicester to beat Forest today @11/10 is quite generous.  We are just plain awful at the moment, have a terrible record there, our strikers cannot score (still), are in a false position in the league, have 2 centre backs injured, are under pressure, and well, Leicester are in form.

All points to a home win to me.  I expected this to be something like 4/6 when I looked.

Ha! Off we go again.

One awaits......

Your pessimism gives me hope........I, for one, am fearing an absolute hammering to be honest.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58895 on: November 09, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »

One did not have to await long, it seems.......

No disrespect to ANYONE, but these are exactly the sort of investments that trouble me.

Warren calls it his Margin of Safety.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #58896 on: November 09, 2013, 10:19:48 AM »

How are they going to make it pay if they are still going to allow broadband customers to view group games for free?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58897 on: November 09, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »

How are they going to make it pay if they are still going to allow broadband customers to view group games for free?

"our financial outlook is unchanged"

Final is freeto air too

advertising rates?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58898 on: November 09, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »

Ha! Off we go again.

One awaits......

Your pessimism gives me hope........I, for one, am fearing an absolute hammering to be honest.

Ha! Pessimism indeed.

You are a Nottingham Forest Fan, I cunningly deduce from your username. Do you think, perhaps, that clouds your objectivity & judgement a little?

As a general rule, I discount "fan" bets. Ant would be a great example. Ant, who I met recently, is THE most splendid & clever chap, but when he speaks & writes of Palace, a degree of toshness is clearly evident. Ditto Plinop & Newcastle.

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #58899 on: November 09, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »

No disrespect to ANYONE, but these are exactly the sort of investments that trouble me.

You've lost me on this one Tikay (not difficult).

I still think the price is wrong though, irrespective of my fears for my team.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58900 on: November 09, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »

You've lost me on this one Tikay (not difficult).

I still think the price is wrong though, irrespective of my fears for my team.

It just means that when making an investment, it's best to leave some margin for error in the calculations. That is what Warren calls the Margin of Safety, & it applies to all financial judgements, not just betting.

If the price is about right, we don't have that margin.

I must add, for balance, because I'm desperately trying NOT to appear difficult, that I rate Leicester very highly indeed.

This game is one of those fierce "local derbies"* is it not? These games tend to throw up odd results.

* By "local derby", I mean 5 or less Motorway Junctions. Nottingham has 4 Junctions, J27, J26, J25 (a favourite of mine, leading onto "Brian Clough Way" of course) & J24, Leicester has J21a & J21, so the separation is anything between 3 & 7 Junctions. These are important considerations, of course, & I'm quite sure all Pro Punters use the MI Junction Test.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #58901 on: November 09, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »

i wonder if sky will have a plan of trying to push through a european super league?

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #58902 on: November 09, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »

FWIW, I think fan bets are ok but only if emotion is taken out of it and plenty of facts are thrown in the mix.

Sure, I have my fears, so maybe there is a little emotion there, but the facts back my opinion that Leicester are good value today.

(In form, good home record, we have injured defenders, bad record there, strikers can't score)

That's enough for me to want to back the opposition, and the price of course.

Leicester legends on Soccer AM BTW Tighty, you watching?

I'm liking the Motorway thing by the way Tikay!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:39:11 AM by Matt.NFFC. » Logged
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #58903 on: November 09, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

two correct guesses

That picture is 2 years old he is now 23 stone+ and in rehab again for drinking and depression

Not really a wasted talent has had a good career but still

on the bright side (no pun intended) he can still afford to keep those bling earings
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #58904 on: November 09, 2013, 10:53:09 AM »

Morning Mr Grumpy.

In the first rugby union international today Italy host Australia. I think that as usual the bookies have under estimated Italy, they did beat France and Ireland last year and just lost away to England. Last year in this fixture Italy lost by 3 points and missed a kick for the draw. While they have not yet beaten Australia they are getting ever nearer. Australia's players should have peaked for the Lions series, they then traipsed around the world in the 4 nations and now a tour of Europe- they must be drained.

Australia's forwards are not a formidable unit and are playing a 2nd row in the back row today, maybe because of their weak scrumaging. I  do rate their backs though and if Italy are to win today they have to make sure they do not concede an early try, if that happens then the Australian teams confidence will soar and it could be a 20 point defeat.

So the plan is keep it tight, kick their goals, tackle anything in gold, be nice to the English referee and hope to see some of the expected rain to make passing difficult.

Suggest £20 Italy to beat Australia @ 4-1 with Corals or Hills.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Pages: 1 ... 3923 3924 3925 3926 [3927] 3928 3929 3930 3931 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: