blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:16:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3925 3926 3927 3928 [3929] 3930 3931 3932 3933 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 14114333 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58920 on: November 09, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »

Couple of points.  Not sure who mentioned it earlier (RickBFA??) but as a Boro fan I agree Watford are probably a bit of value today.  I made them 13/8 on my tissue and I can only think that the fact that Boro won 4-0 on national TV last time up is the reason they are so short.  At the end of the day we are talking about a team here that has won something ridiculous like 5 games in 2013.

Agree 100%, which was why I was unhesitatingly on like a shot, the moment Rick mentioned it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #58921 on: November 09, 2013, 12:31:45 PM »

Best prices on football are basically 100% with zero bookie margin. If you take best price any of the 3 outcomes it's incredibly hard to have a very bad bet.

Also what's with the £5ew golf stuff when Fred's roll is £5k or so??? 0.1% of roll each way on decent bets???

Come on!!  

Zero Margin by Bookies? That is Level 2 stuff, I need George to begin at Level One.

The £5 Ew is interesting to me though. Does that not suggest the confidence level of the Recommendee - in this case Adzy?

You often suggest small bets, too. Same reason, I imagine?

To be fair, any Elder could answer George's question better than me, but I understand George, he is a friend, & so I answered best I could.

I'd actually LOVE you or any other Elder - or even Chompy - to answer George's question actually. How does it work?

Not in the slightest. For me to put up a 3-1 shot means I am very confident, I tend to trawl in deeper waters. I have just found recommending worthwhile stakes is somewhat pointless as we seemed to get maxed at the site the value is, and there is no appetite to place the balance elsewhere. Therefore no point in recommending more.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58922 on: November 09, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »

Best prices on football are basically 100% with zero bookie margin. If you take best price any of the 3 outcomes it's incredibly hard to have a very bad bet.

Also what's with the £5ew golf stuff when Fred's roll is £5k or so??? 0.1% of roll each way on decent bets???

Come on!! 

Zero Margin by Bookies? That is Level 2 stuff, I need George to begin at Level One.

The £5 Ew is interesting to me though. Does that not suggest the confidence level of the Recommendee - in this case Adzy?

You often suggest small bets, too. Same reason, I imagine?

To be fair, any Elder could answer George's question better than me, but I understand George, he is a friend, & so I answered best I could.

I'd actually LOVE you or any other Elder - or even Chompy - to answer George's question actually. How does it work?

Not in the slightest. For me to put up a 3-1 shot means I am very confident, I tend to trawl in deeper waters. I have just found recommending worthwhile stakes is somewhat pointless as we seemed to get maxed at the site the value is, and there is no appetite to place the balance elsewhere. Therefore no point in recommending more.

Ahh, in the case of PP & 365, yes, fair comment, no point suggesting more in thinnish markets on those sites, though others may take the bet size as a confidence thing. I can actually get decent amounts with either on, say, Football or NFL Outrights, but not on much else, & deffo not on golf.

Perhaps we should have a confidence-o-meter, x out of 10 or something.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58923 on: November 09, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »

Italy now available @ 9/2 from 4/1 earlier.

Probably been traipsing about,

judge

Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #58924 on: November 09, 2013, 01:38:52 PM »

BT deal to show Champions / Europa League exclusively - worth around £900m for 3 seasons from 2015 compared to current £400m from ITV/Sky

Presumably they bid about 1.2bn for just the Champs League!!!

lol wp sir!
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #58925 on: November 09, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »

van dik finally notches a first goal for celtic

Sad

cant keep backing em
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #58926 on: November 09, 2013, 01:52:33 PM »

Traipsed: a fine opening gambit to the day

Knew you'd enjoy that.

How can the Italians possibly lose after the Aussies have been traipsing?

Clear value. Like the Motorway Junctions jobbie. Even Dubai does not know that one. But I guarantee, as we speak, right now, Dubai has his Road Atlas out, & is memorising, parrot fashion, Motorway Junction numbers.

Have seen a fair few services in my time (more from when I was doing the chess circuit than these days). Can confirm Michael Wood > Gordano, if you're one side or the other of Bristol. All personal opinion, if course.

Chess enthusiasts will be overcome with joy to hear I'm doing a bit of coverage over on Chess Thread. Chess unenthusiasts will be still happier that I won't be covering it on Fred.

The match hasn't lived up to the copacetic expectations after the first cagey game, but it will get there, I assure you.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #58927 on: November 09, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »

My NFL Column this week talks about the Bengals. We are well placed, but there are clouds on the horizon due to injuries

"Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens

Every team is dealing with injuries at this point in the season, but the Bengals have been hit with huge injury problems.

All-Pro defensive tackle Geno Atkins went down with a season-ending ACL injury last week to become the fourth defensive starter (along with No. 1 corner Leon Hall, safety Taylor Mays and Defensive End Robert Geathers) to land on the Injured Reserve. Starting middle linebacker Rey Maualuga and Andy Dalton’s blind-side Andrew Whitworth missed last week’s game and will both probably be on the sidelines again this Sunday when the Bengals visit the Ravens.

That said, the Bengals are in a relatively comfortable place in the AFC North standings. They’re 6-3, and the rest of the division — Browns (4-5), Ravens (3-5) and Steelers (2-6) — is a mess. However, a loss on Sunday might open the door for Baltimore to sneak back into the race, especially with a second Bengals/Ravens game on the last game of the season.

The biggest thing working against that potential Ravens revival? They’re just not that good this season. Their biggest issue is the running game which  has resulted in Baltimore averaging a league-low 2.78 yards a carry this year However all the indications are that Ray Rice is finally healthy and ready to have a far more effective second half of the season. With Atkins missing, the stars are aligned for this to begin on Sunday

To see the Ravens priced as 2 point underdogs on the spread to a Bengals team so beat up is an opportunity. The Ravens need to win badly, they are at home and the spread offered reflects the risks"

http://www.betpal.com/nfl-week-ten-betting-preview

Haven't had a bet yet but this is also one of the few I like this week.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58928 on: November 09, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »

Traipsed: a fine opening gambit to the day

Knew you'd enjoy that.

How can the Italians possibly lose after the Aussies have been traipsing?

Clear value. Like the Motorway Junctions jobbie. Even Dubai does not know that one. But I guarantee, as we speak, right now, Dubai has his Road Atlas out, & is memorising, parrot fashion, Motorway Junction numbers.

Have seen a fair few services in my time (more from when I was doing the chess circuit than these days). Can confirm Michael Wood > Gordano, if you're one side or the other of Bristol. All personal opinion, if course.

Chess enthusiasts will be overcome with joy to hear I'm doing a bit of coverage over on Chess Thread. Chess unenthusiasts will be still happier that I won't be covering it on Fred.

The match hasn't lived up to the copacetic expectations after the first cagey game, but it will get there, I assure you.

copacetic?

Ooh, excellent.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #58929 on: November 09, 2013, 01:58:34 PM »

Do any of you have a view on Watford at Middlesborough?

I appreciate Watford have had a couple of poor results but they are now 19/10 with BV.

Three weeks ago they would have been around 11/10.

19/10 looks like a bit of value to me.

Three weeks ago Mowbray was chewing a wasp on the sidelines and Watford were in form. Neither now apply

I get the point though, 19/10 is a big price on the face of it

I think it should be remembered that Middlesborough's last 2 home wins were against Yeovil and Doncaster. Both relegation candidates.

Watford even out of form recently are not Yeovil or Donny.

I think £15 on Watford at 19/10 is a bet I'd suggest.

Morning Rick, & thanks.

We generally back your stuff blind, & are nicely ahead, but is this really a wrong price? Betfair currently go 2.94, which is about the same price.

I am definitely in a difficult mood this morning......

Latte time.

Hi Tikay,

Very much respect your decision not to back it.

I suppose its comes down to opinions about the market price.

My view is the market has over valued Middlesborough's last 2 home wins and reacted to a poor Watford performance against a Leicester side (who are clearly top six material).

Enjoy the latte :-)

Is Rick not in the auto bet category yet?  Tongue

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #58930 on: November 09, 2013, 02:04:44 PM »

Top two weights first and second in the opening telly race at Doncaster. Heavy stuff out there, too. Any decent mudlarks out there?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58931 on: November 09, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »

Do any of you have a view on Watford at Middlesborough?

I appreciate Watford have had a couple of poor results but they are now 19/10 with BV.

Three weeks ago they would have been around 11/10.

19/10 looks like a bit of value to me.

Three weeks ago Mowbray was chewing a wasp on the sidelines and Watford were in form. Neither now apply

I get the point though, 19/10 is a big price on the face of it

I think it should be remembered that Middlesborough's last 2 home wins were against Yeovil and Doncaster. Both relegation candidates.

Watford even out of form recently are not Yeovil or Donny.

I think £15 on Watford at 19/10 is a bet I'd suggest.

Morning Rick, & thanks.

We generally back your stuff blind, & are nicely ahead, but is this really a wrong price? Betfair currently go 2.94, which is about the same price.

I am definitely in a difficult mood this morning......

Latte time.

Hi Tikay,

Very much respect your decision not to back it.

I suppose its comes down to opinions about the market price.

My view is the market has over valued Middlesborough's last 2 home wins and reacted to a poor Watford performance against a Leicester side (who are clearly top six material).

Enjoy the latte :-)

Is Rick not in the auto bet category yet?  Tongue

Yes, but I was in one of my all too rare obdurate moods this morning. Eventually, I normalised.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58932 on: November 09, 2013, 02:10:53 PM »

Top two weights first and second in the opening telly race at Doncaster. Heavy stuff out there, too. Any decent mudlarks out there?

Yes, & it was good to see Levitate rise to the occasion.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #58933 on: November 09, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »

Yes, & it was good to see Levitate rise to the occasion.

v good, I love a soupcon of humour in the mornings.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #58934 on: November 09, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »

My NFL Column this week talks about the Bengals. We are well placed, but there are clouds on the horizon due to injuries

"Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens

Every team is dealing with injuries at this point in the season, but the Bengals have been hit with huge injury problems.

All-Pro defensive tackle Geno Atkins went down with a season-ending ACL injury last week to become the fourth defensive starter (along with No. 1 corner Leon Hall, safety Taylor Mays and Defensive End Robert Geathers) to land on the Injured Reserve. Starting middle linebacker Rey Maualuga and Andy Dalton’s blind-side Andrew Whitworth missed last week’s game and will both probably be on the sidelines again this Sunday when the Bengals visit the Ravens.

That said, the Bengals are in a relatively comfortable place in the AFC North standings. They’re 6-3, and the rest of the division — Browns (4-5), Ravens (3-5) and Steelers (2-6) — is a mess. However, a loss on Sunday might open the door for Baltimore to sneak back into the race, especially with a second Bengals/Ravens game on the last game of the season.

The biggest thing working against that potential Ravens revival? They’re just not that good this season. Their biggest issue is the running game which  has resulted in Baltimore averaging a league-low 2.78 yards a carry this year However all the indications are that Ray Rice is finally healthy and ready to have a far more effective second half of the season. With Atkins missing, the stars are aligned for this to begin on Sunday

To see the Ravens priced as 2 point underdogs on the spread to a Bengals team so beat up is an opportunity. The Ravens need to win badly, they are at home and the spread offered reflects the risks"

http://www.betpal.com/nfl-week-ten-betting-preview

Haven't had a bet yet but this is also one of the few I like this week.

I think this game may be a good opportunity to introduce Fred to the delights of NFL teasers.  This is a really great game to use in teasers.  Can anyone give me an idea which books Fred has access to offer teasers (if any)

Pages: 1 ... 3925 3926 3927 3928 [3929] 3930 3931 3932 3933 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: