blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 12:52:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5174 5175 5176 5177 [5178] 5179 5180 5181 5182 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13581337 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #77655 on: May 14, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »

Mr Exstream got more value spots lately than Tesco

nice one

An aside ladbororokes are laying 10/1 spain and 50/1 portugal for world cup all the time tonights game is 0-0 from kick off

hopefully of interest to some

My guess is that the limit will be £10 on each.

Whereabouts on the Ladbrokes website is this please?
Can we get on these please Tikay.

7/1 and 33/1 on Betfair
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77656 on: May 14, 2014, 08:11:23 PM »

A bit of a value banzai in the european golf this week.

Fabrizio Zanotti came 3rd last week in Portugal and has been scoring fairly steadily through the early season with just the odd bad round / blip back in March. The tournament this week returns to catalunya where it was last held in 2009. Zanotti was 2nd then to Thomas Levet and only 2 shots off the pace. Combine his course knowledge and course form with recent form and good scoring and a not too strong a field this week and 80/1 looks good to me. Boilsorts are offering money back if 2nd to Garcia too. Paddy offering 6 places but only 66/1.

Suggest £5ew Zanotti Open de Espana 80/1 Boilsorts.

I have also backed Cabrera-bello for similar reasons of recent form and course and distance form. He represents some value at 35/1 but nowhere near the value 80/1 Zanotti offers.

Banzai time.

Thanks Gregory.

Can't get on with Boils, but 80/1 is available pretty much everywhere, so we went with Baldy.

£5 EW @ 80/1, Zanotti. (Qtr odds, 5 places).

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #77657 on: May 14, 2014, 08:13:41 PM »

nice one

An aside ladbororokes are laying 10/1 spain and 50/1 portugal for world cup all the time tonights game is 0-0 from kick off

7/1 and 33/1 on Betfair

You can find it via the promotions tab on the Ladbrokes homepage.

£10max on an unrestricted account.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77658 on: May 14, 2014, 08:17:29 PM »

nice one

7/1 and 33/1 on Betfair

Sadly, we cannot get on - we are limited to £1 on each.

Can get that on, if you think it worthwhile?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #77659 on: May 14, 2014, 08:21:49 PM »

BBC:

Alan Pardew will remain as the manager of Newcastle United, according to the minutes of a fans' forum meeting released by the club

How is this news? That the club are pretending to communicate with fans?

The same fans forum they stopped doing when they didn't like some questions?

I think Mr Posh Bloke was just being a little ironic as to fans running football.

I'd like add my own views, but I fear that football fans generally might not share my views, and might even get a little uppity. I am, as you may already know, quite an admirer of Mr Ashley.
I remember asking you a number of questions on your admiration for Ashley on your diary. You started with about point 5, some might say the easiest to answer, then ignored the rest. I stopped reading your diary about a week after that....
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77660 on: May 14, 2014, 08:36:40 PM »

BBC:

Alan Pardew will remain as the manager of Newcastle United, according to the minutes of a fans' forum meeting released by the club

I think Mr Posh Bloke was just being a little ironic as to fans running football.

I'd like add my own views, but I fear that football fans generally might not share my views, and might even get a little uppity. I am, as you may already know, quite an admirer of Mr Ashley.
I remember asking you a number of questions on your admiration for Ashley on your diary. You started with about point 5, some might say the easiest to answer, then ignored the rest. I stopped reading your diary about a week after that....

Bugger, you were 50% of my readership.

I don't even recall that, apologies.

Were they "pointed" questions?

Can't say I understand why all the hate towards people involved in football, or any sport for that matter.  If Mr A owns the Club, it seems to me he can do as he wishes. If I owned something and people started telling me what I should or should not do, or how I spent my money, think I'd spite ignore them.

Post the questions again on my Diary please, and I'll try harder this time.

You doing Vegas this year?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77661 on: May 14, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »

Wm Hill are offering 7/1 for "True Story" to win tomorrow's Dante, and the Derby.

Any good?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #77662 on: May 14, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »

Wm Hill are offering 7/1 for "True Story" to win tomorrow's Dante, and the Derby.

Any good?

Feels a bit meh to me.  I know it is likely to have to win tomorrow to win the Derby, but it doesn't feel particularly generous.  Feels about correct if I am generous.  Of course £25 on the mobile is likely definite value for tomorrow's race

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #77663 on: May 14, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »

Any good?

Agree with Doobs.  I am a big fan of the horse and have backed it at 12-1 to win the Derby but it probably needs to win tomorrow and even if it does I don't see it being massively shorter for the derby unless it wins by like 10 lengths or something.  If it wins by a couple of lengths I still see it being a 7/2-4/1 shot.

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #77664 on: May 14, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »

BBC:

Can't say I understand why all the hate towards people involved in football, or any sport for that matter.  If Mr A owns the Club, it seems to me he can do as he wishes. If I owned something and people started telling me what I should or should not do, or how I spent my money, think I'd spite ignore them.

I've recently sneaked back in but refuse to participate fully! Not sure how I find the questions again, but you took the easy way out.

I agree completely about owning 'something', but football clubs are different to other businesses, otherwise presumably you'd be confused why people would be up in arms if you, say, bought Liverpool FC for £300m and asset stripped the club and ground for £500m and closed it? You can't actually do that, but you get my drift. That's how other businesses work, just not football.

I seem to recall u having similar admiration for Mr O'Leary and his Ryanair firm....before their succession of profit warnings and admission that they had to ditch the way they do things and change, refocus on major airports, stop charging for all the extra etc etc after coming last in the Which survey of top 100 British companies for customer service. I did think of u when paying extra to fly to the Irish Open in order to avoid using Ryanair, amazing u can click a box and the search takes out all Ryanair services.

Vegas not sure, would love to but still undecided, looking less likely, can be such an expensive town.

This is the sort of stuff that should be on a diary....it would be if I wasn't on strike!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77665 on: May 14, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »

BBC:

I've recently sneaked back in but refuse to participate fully! Not sure how I find the questions again, but you took the easy way out.

I agree completely about owning 'something', but football clubs are different to other businesses, otherwise presumably you'd be confused why people would be up in arms if you, say, bought Liverpool FC for £300m and asset stripped the club and ground for £500m and closed it? You can't actually do that, but you get my drift. That's how other businesses work, just not football.

I seem to recall u having similar admiration for Mr O'Leary and his Ryanair firm....before their succession of profit warnings and admission that they had to ditch the way they do things and change, refocus on major airports, stop charging for all the extra etc etc after coming last in the Which survey of top 100 British companies for customer service. I did think of u when paying extra to fly to the Irish Open in order to avoid using Ryanair, amazing u can click a box and the search takes out all Ryanair services.

Vegas not sure, would love to but still undecided, looking less likely, can be such an expensive town.

This is the sort of stuff that should be on a diary....it would be if I wasn't on strike!

Rofl, don't think we had better continue this here, as you say, better we do it on my Diary, because I don't buy that standard get out of "but football clubs are different".

No more here though, it's probably a bit out of order.

Shame you won't be doing Vegas though.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #77666 on: May 14, 2014, 10:04:13 PM »

It's interesting this discussion.  What if a buyer of a football club literally did buy a club in order to close it down and asset strip it and use the ground for it's land value etc etc.  What do you think would happen?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77667 on: May 14, 2014, 10:06:36 PM »

It's interesting this discussion.  What if a buyer of a football club literally did buy a club in order to close it down and asset strip it and use the ground for it's land value etc etc.  What do you think would happen?

Lol, pack it in. Post it on my diary and I'll reply.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #77668 on: May 14, 2014, 10:08:17 PM »

You mean come in, sell all the best players, sell the historic ground and turn it into flats and leave the team without silverware for years and the fans moaning about how the owners never show ambition?

Never happen.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #77669 on: May 14, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »

The tft reg's wont mind surely on a quiet Wednesday even!  Promise no arguing!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:10:50 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5174 5175 5176 5177 [5178] 5179 5180 5181 5182 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: