blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 07:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273399 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8010 8011 8012 8013 [8014] 8015 8016 8017 8018 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13633693 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #120195 on: August 02, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »

Leicester looks like a lump vs Hull. Would've thought -1 and -2 are worth backing as well. Hull are in absolute chaos for various reasons and no way whatsoever prepared for this season.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120196 on: August 02, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »

A quicker way of getting a return. Leicester are odds against to win at hull first game of the season. I know we fluked 2015-16 yadda yadda but not many times a champion/top four team last year will be odds against v a promoted team in this state like this one...

Running incred last year is one thing but 5/4 here seems like quite another?

fwiw the BBC sport gossip column today says Ranieri has a near unlimited transfer budget, seems like a spot where the price can only really move one way? What do you reckon is the likelihood of a big Leicester player moving on in the next couple of weeks?
mahrez sub 50%, likely to be end of transfer window anyway .No other risks that matter

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #120197 on: August 02, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »

Rec £100 then with sportingbet then I guess Smiley

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #120198 on: August 02, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/relegation

Looking at Bolton in the league one relegation market

Since their transfer embargo last December there hasn't been much change in the squad that finished bottom of the championship last year, lots of echoes of Portsmouth it appears.

Baldy are out of line at 12/1 and its as short as 8/1 with BMU and loral, seeems like a good spot

Opinions?

Rec £50 if people likey

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #120199 on: August 02, 2016, 12:17:39 PM »

How much will Rashford be used this upcoming season? The lads obviously a talent and has the potential to bang in goals. If he is going to be in and around the starting eleven then 50/1 top PL scorer could provide a nice sweat?

Opinions from united fans who know more about their side would help.

Feed em rice.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #120200 on: August 02, 2016, 12:18:59 PM »

A quicker way of getting a return. Leicester are odds against to win at hull first game of the season. I know we fluked 2015-16 yadda yadda but not many times a champion/top four team last year will be odds against v a promoted team in this state like this one...

Couldn't agree more with that. The other 2 promoted sides are both favourites too, both at home, Swansea at Burnley at 9/5 and Stoke at 5/2 at Boro are both tempting for me too. Boro have strengthened well though.

Championship opening weekend has Forest 11/10 v Burton. Think that's generous. Although they may have no fans there to watch it. Also Ipswich same odds at home to Barnsley

Opening games for newly promoted teams are always tricky imo as they attempt to adjust and I agree Leicester, Swansea and Stoke all look bets.  Even Villa managed to win at Bournemouth on the opening day last year!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #120201 on: August 02, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »

Since their transfer embargo last December there hasn't been much change in the squad that finished bottom of the championship last year, lots of echoes of Portsmouth it appears.

Baldy are out of line at 12/1 and its as short as 8/1 with BMU and loral, seeems like a good spot

Opinions?

Rec £50 if people likey

Agree with this as well at the price - was looking yesterday at the spreads and thought Bolton were a sell at 69 points.   
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #120202 on: August 02, 2016, 12:38:21 PM »

Mentioned i like Qpr for promotion at 11s last week

Started writing a long post then realised Mike Holden has said everything i am trying to say in a much clearer and concise way here.

http://www.oddschecker.com/tips/football/20160802-championship-betting-preview

SUGGEST £50 QPR PROMOTION
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120203 on: August 02, 2016, 12:41:02 PM »

Couldn't agree more with that. The other 2 promoted sides are both favourites too, both at home, Swansea at Burnley at 9/5 and Stoke at 5/2 at Boro are both tempting for me too. Boro have strengthened well though.

Championship opening weekend has Forest 11/10 v Burton. Think that's generous. Although they may have no fans there to watch it. Also Ipswich same odds at home to Barnsley

Opening games for newly promoted teams are always tricky imo as they attempt to adjust and I agree Leicester, Swansea and Stoke all look bets.  Even Villa managed to win at Bournemouth on the opening day last year!

Doesn't it sometimes work the other way though.  New team, not watched, up for the game.

And doesn't Arbboy now to say would you think Leicester were value at 3/10 at home?  Think I'd take Stoke and maybe Leicester are good enough with Hull in disarray.  The spreads suggest Leicester are nearer Stoke than Man U?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #120204 on: August 02, 2016, 12:50:42 PM »

Opinions?

Rec £50 if people likey

Agree with this as well at the price - was looking yesterday at the spreads and thought Bolton were a sell at 69 points.   

I think League One is very poor this year and has been for a while (League 2 promoted clubs records in recent seasons shows us this)

Parkinson is a decent manager and should get them in and around the play offs imo.

Disagree on the signings,  Chris Taylor as a winger is a good one and Proctor gives them a much-needed target man type upfront the excellent Clough has stayed and Clayton is fit again.

Also signed Mark Beevers from Millwall at the back one of the better centre backs in the league.

Nothing would surprise me in League One Sheff united back to mess up more fav accas with a manager who spent a decade not doing a lot then suddenly went brilliant last season cant believe that will end well. Milwall seem solid if unlikely to actually win it, Charlton plenty of question marks, Bradford solid again can they win it and Mk Dons with the most overrated manager in the country and without two players who were premier league/potential world class to help them.

Two teams i like and want to get onside somehow are Rochdale (same every year Hill improves them slightly very small budget always the worry but even a slight improvement again gets them close) and Northampton whom Page seems a good fit to me.

The promoted sides including Northampton not really been missed though.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120205 on: August 02, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »

I think we should definitely have a bit of Leicester at odds against away to Hull. Not back the truck up, like, early season results are often all over the shop, but surely worth a tickle, & by now we ought to be able to trust Mr Dilly Ding Dilly Dong to out-think most other Managers. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #120206 on: August 02, 2016, 01:51:23 PM »

England today announced that Finn will replace Stokes in the team for the test starting tomorrow.

Pakistan are 4/1 on most sites to win this test, while I know they got a kicking last game, this England team doesn't FIL me with much confidence.

Vince, Balance and hales are all out of form and struggling, as is Ali, with both bat and ball.

Now Finn, who has been out of form for ages, has been brought in, a lot relies on Woakes, Anderson and Broad to get 20 wickets, and Root, Cook and Bairstow with the bat.

It feels like we could be carrying a bit of dead weight?

Thoughts?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #120207 on: August 02, 2016, 02:02:35 PM »

Not convinced the Wobblers will do a lot. Signing players like Zakuani, who's been in decline for a while, doesn't bode well.

Hull 11-4 to finish bottom >> Hull 8-11 for the drop?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #120208 on: August 02, 2016, 02:20:48 PM »

Jerome Binnom-Williams. Any good ant?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120209 on: August 02, 2016, 02:27:16 PM »

Not convinced the Wobblers will do a lot. Signing players like Zakuani, who's been in decline for a while, doesn't bode well.

Hull 11-4 to finish bottom >> Hull 8-11 for the drop?

No real view on that, but for context, let's cast our mind back to just before the start of last season.

Think the unanimous view on Fred was that Norwich were bankers to finish stone cold last. Think Villa messed that up. We were on Sunderland to go down & finish bottom, big time, too.

Not dissing any suggestions, but sometimes worth looking at history. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 8010 8011 8012 8013 [8014] 8015 8016 8017 8018 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: