blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8638 8639 8640 8641 [8642] 8643 8644 8645 8646 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13439511 times)
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #129615 on: August 02, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »

With Neymar seeming a done deal, it must be worth putting PSG in multiples too at 1/4.

I think the 12/1 to win the champions league is value, suggest £20 at 12/1.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/neymar-cleared-to-miss-barca-training/92723

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/france/ligue-1/winner

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

Hi what do we possibly know about PSG at 12-1 that the market doesn't?

the price has moved ahead of Neymar joining, now he joins and we want to back it now?

p.s AC Milan at 9-1 (equally, all the transfer activity is priced in) for the Europa looks better if we are talking ante post...:-)

Hello.
It just seemed to me that the biggest transfer in football history being confirmed made PSG seem value at 12/1 with Neymar v Barcelona at 4/1 without Neymar.
I thought 12/1 was a stale price I wouldn't want to lay.
PSG consistently make the quarter finals and this signing seems to take them to the next level.
I accept that having been 20/1 two weeks ago you might not want to take 12/1.
12/1 now gone, as short as 17/2.

It is 12/1 in 4 spots still.  As short as 17/2 is pretty meaningless.  

12/1 may well be a bit big still, as it has gone shorter on betfair, albeit for peanuts.

You'd still put them after Bacelona, Real Madrid and Bayern and he isn't really worth 222m Euros, is he?  

I am not sure Tikay wants much long term stuff either.  

I think Tom/The Dazzler put this PSG bet up a couple of weeks ago - can't remember the exact price but might well have been 20/1.

Yes Ralph and it was indeed 20/1. I thought it was a good bet to nothing. You have a 20/1 shot at 20/1 and if Neymar signed, that might drop to 12/1ish. The strange thing is it dropped to 12/1 well before he signed, I'm not really sure why (unless the smart money/ITKs knew this was going to happen).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #129616 on: August 02, 2017, 04:42:50 PM »

Thanks, had the bet 7.50 am and don't think any 80s was still about when I posted
Hope some of you got some 66

Even better, got the 66/1 with Amaya.  Very sweet.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #129617 on: August 02, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »

4-5 Middlesbrough to finish in the top six. Bang in as much as you see fit please.

4-5 is Ladbrokes only

4-6 best for us?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-6-finish

as per my previous recommendation  ,   any love for the same bet at odds against for Fulham  ?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #129618 on: August 02, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »

Betway's 2/7 Liverpool to finish above Everton  (1/4 with Hills) seems like buying money.  The spreads have them 15 points apart.  Some firms go 1/9 Liverpool.  Worth putting in any multiple bet with these two firms ante post if you don't want to tie up money for 9 months.

lolbrokes 2/7 Southampton to finish above WBA looks a close second in buying money.

The biggest rick i have seen so far in the specials markets is Southampton top Southern Club at 4/7 with bald/hills (betway are 8/13 per the pull out)  As short as 1/3 in a place.  Soton in for 11.5 points more than Bournemouth on the spreads and 16 clear of Brighton.  This should probably be closer to 1/4 than 4/7. 

the 4/7 is obviously as much as you see fit as well Tighty.  You decide the amounts.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #129619 on: August 02, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »

£200 placed, Smoggies top six @ 4-5

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129620 on: August 02, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »

tikay thanks you too (though doesn't know it yet)

scared

Wink

Thanks Trigg - and Tighty.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #129621 on: August 02, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »

Despite asking about it earlier, clean forgot about the RP special when I got home from work 2 hours ago.....Confirmed dunce.

Cue a mad dash round my local shops in my lounge pants, and I'm now the proud owner of the last copy that Sainsburys Local had Smiley

Coffee, Twix cookies, scene is set to dig in.

Best Bitter.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #129622 on: August 02, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »

Why are Celtic 1/9 for the Scottish league and not 1/100?

Because the closer we get to 10 the more barriers will be put in a way. 

Terry Munro CSC
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #129623 on: August 02, 2017, 11:39:07 PM »

Why are Celtic 1/9 for the Scottish league and not 1/100?

Because the closer we get to 10 the more barriers will be put in a way. 

Terry Munro CSC

Cheesy

1/3 before the start of last season was unreal and before any c@nt asks yes I put it up
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #129624 on: August 02, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »

Just had a quick flick through the Premier League stuff, made for interesting reading. Obv ex City and Liverpool player Hamman tips for City and Liverpool for the 1/2 finish Smiley Least he was talking a little less bollocks than his column last year.

A lot of it has already been covered, so many juicy markets and opportunities. It's hard not to come across as a total homer but I can't look past City at 15/8, whilst also thinking united to not finish top 4 at 12/5 looks good too (even bigger on shy). Lukaku replaces Ibra's goals, Matic means Pogba can have more freedom further up the pitch....but they were well off the pace for large parts of last season and struggled to even score against other top 6 clubs, let alone win. In a 3 way scrap with Arsenal and Liverpool for 4th and think 12/5 for them to miss out is value.

As for City, yeah we've chucked money about like confetti but what we've bought, particularly at full back, is game changing in this Pep team. The last time we spent any money on a FB was Clichy 5 years ago, so that gives you an idea on how neglected that position has been over the years. But it's been rectified and then some this summer. Everyone knows about Walker and Mendy but Danilo might surprise a few people and looks a very astute signing. Bernardo Silva is also key, and we finally have a player whom, when David Silva is injured or needs a break, is capable of coming in and being just as good as his namesake. Cannot count how many times I've left Eastlands/local pub thinking 'we really missed Silva today', hopefully that shouldn't be the case now and we should have the luxury of being able to rest him now and again.

Gundogan will feel like a new signing, Sane has a year under his belt (started off slow last season but was immense after Christmas and the lad is different gravy), Jesus is an immense player, Aguero is Aguero, Toure is getting on but can still control a game like no other player in the league (and has put his agent nonsense behind him) Our squad at the moment is incredible and comfortably the strongest its ever been since the takeover. That doesn't always translate to the pitch of course, but the last half dozen games really gave a glimpse of what we can do when things click. And if things aren't going right, instead of chucking on a Nolito/Navas/Sagna/Fernando, Pep can look to the bench and see players of the calibre of Sterling/Yaya/Danilo/Sane/Jesus/Fernandinho.

Question marks? As always, Kompany's fitness. So far so good and he looked solid at the end of last season, but as we sadly know he can break down at any point. He really is the glue that holds our defence together. Ederson is new to the league and will be under the microscope. I think he should be fine and he has a hell of a kick on him, much bigger presence in goal too. As long as he doesn't have a shaky Bravo-esque start then we should be in safe hands. If we play 3-4-3, which has been the case in pre season, then we could be a little light at the back should any injuries crop up. Think Pep is in the market for another centre half but time will tell if we can get the right player (looks like Martinez from Spain would be the preferred choice).

Hard not to get carried away but optimism is rife at City at the moment and with good reason I think. It's gonna be a fun ride!

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #129625 on: August 02, 2017, 11:53:56 PM »

Just had a quick flick through the Premier League stuff, made for interesting reading. Obv ex City and Liverpool player Hamman tips for City and Liverpool for the 1/2 finish Smiley Least he was talking a little less bollocks than his column last year.

A lot of it has already been covered, so many juicy markets and opportunities. It's hard not to come across as a total homer but I can't look past City at 15/8, whilst also thinking united to not finish top 4 at 12/5 looks good too (even bigger on shy). Lukaku replaces Ibra's goals, Matic means Pogba can have more freedom further up the pitch....but they were well off the pace for large parts of last season and struggled to even score against other top 6 clubs, let alone win. In a 3 way scrap with Arsenal and Liverpool for 4th and think 12/5 for them to miss out is value.

As for City, yeah we've chucked money about like confetti but what we've bought, particularly at full back, is game changing in this Pep team. The last time we spent any money on a FB was Clichy 5 years ago, so that gives you an idea on how neglected that position has been over the years. But it's been rectified and then some this summer. Everyone knows about Walker and Mendy but Danilo might surprise a few people and looks a very astute signing. Bernardo Silva is also key, and we finally have a player whom, when David Silva is injured or needs a break, is capable of coming in and being just as good as his namesake. Cannot count how many times I've left Eastlands/local pub thinking 'we really missed Silva today', hopefully that shouldn't be the case now and we should have the luxury of being able to rest him now and again.

Gundogan will feel like a new signing, Sane has a year under his belt (started off slow last season but was immense after Christmas and the lad is different gravy), Jesus is an immense player, Aguero is Aguero, Toure is getting on but can still control a game like no other player in the league (and has put his agent nonsense behind him) Our squad at the moment is incredible and comfortably the strongest its ever been since the takeover. That doesn't always translate to the pitch of course, but the last half dozen games really gave a glimpse of what we can do when things click. And if things aren't going right, instead of chucking on a Nolito/Navas/Sagna/Fernando, Pep can look to the bench and see players of the calibre of Sterling/Yaya/Danilo/Sane/Jesus/Fernandinho.

Question marks? As always, Kompany's fitness. So far so good and he looked solid at the end of last season, but as we sadly know he can break down at any point. He really is the glue that holds our defence together. Ederson is new to the league and will be under the microscope. I think he should be fine and he has a hell of a kick on him, much bigger presence in goal too. As long as he doesn't have a shaky Bravo-esque start then we should be in safe hands. If we play 3-4-3, which has been the case in pre season, then we could be a little light at the back should any injuries crop up. Think Pep is in the market for another centre half but time will tell if we can get the right player (looks like Martinez from Spain would be the preferred choice).

Hard not to get carried away but optimism is rife at City at the moment and with good reason I think. It's gonna be a fun ride!

Could have given us all that, without handing over your three quid Wink

As for Hamann... Maybe he's given up the colombian nose coffee?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129626 on: August 03, 2017, 07:50:07 AM »

https://www.racingpost.com/news/cheshire-punter-strikes-it-rich-for-4-52-on-day-of-shock-results/295314

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #129627 on: August 03, 2017, 08:16:39 AM »

Looks like Aaron's handwriting...........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #129628 on: August 03, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »

Reading the story, the punter took 80/1 on Thechildren'strust, yet a betslip is produced showing 100/1.  I am fairly sure the story is true, but it is odd that they seem to have undermined their own story.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129629 on: August 03, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »

If you go to @WilliamHill (their Twitter feed) it suggests the bet was placed online. It still shows as 100/1, not 80/1, though.

Looks like some gilding of the lily has taken place.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:00:42 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8638 8639 8640 8641 [8642] 8643 8644 8645 8646 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: