blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Cheltenham 2012 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cheltenham 2012 Thread  (Read 67273 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »

Someone tell girgy that Coral's say that if you get to one of their shops tomorrow at 9am "you will get laid".

nh wp
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »

Just added £70 Al Ferof @ 11/4 with Paddy - great offer I think and I  confident will stay on stronger up the Hill.

Then I guess it's just about how much to wade into the Fly...had a bottle on Spirit of Shankley in last at Stratford ap may just spin that up.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2012, 07:37:11 PM »

Was chuckling at an ad on the radio today, one of the bookies (WH I think) was guaranteeing best odds tomorrow morning, but only between 8:30 and 9am, and only in stores, not online.

Made me chuckle with Laddies offering best odds until 11am today and PP refunding bets if Sprinter Sacre wins etc

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »

david williams been on the ATR preview saying that laddies 12pm-1pm on every day are best industry price on the championship race of that day. Evs minimum fly tommorow shops, phone, online
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »

Someone tell girgy that Coral's say that if you get to one of their shops tomorrow at 9am "you will get laid".

nh wp

If these bets get there I'm gonna get laid anyway.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »

nh wp

If these bets get there I'm gonna get laid anyway.

like it girgy Smiley
Christo!

ChrisNI (Stars/Tilt)

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »

Just got an email from will hill, they are doing Darlan 7/1 in the Supreme Novices Hurdle.

Is this worth putting the lot on Darlan EW? Or just taking a bit on the win?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2012, 08:22:33 PM »

sorry if this has been discussed

What is the view on the PP Arkle offer, bets refunded if you back something apart from Sprnter Sacre, and it wins?

a catch somewhere?

I like Cue Card at the prices, you see...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »

What is the view on the PP Arkle offer, bets refunded if you back something apart from Sprnter Sacre, and it wins?

a catch somewhere?

No catch I dont think, get stuck in and make the most of it!

I was trying to work out motive, as it appears to be a crazy offer... I guess if they think its a shoe in, then its not a bad way of breaking even given that majority of business with them will be on other runners?!... Keith or Redarmi will no doubt be able to tell you exactly what they up to... might just be good old fashioned loss leader
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2012, 08:41:30 PM »

a catch somewhere?

I was trying to work out motive, as it appears to be a crazy offer... I guess if they think its a shoe in, then its not a bad way of breaking even given that majority of business with them will be on other runners?!... Keith or Redarmi will no doubt be able to tell you exactly what they up to... might just be good old fashioned loss leader

I was thinking....early race; gets people to deposit.... even if they only get their money back they are more likely to do it in on rest of the festival than snap withdraw(although that may be bs as they offer it in shop also)

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »

I believe you're only allowed to back one selection to prevent an arb situation and you're only allowed £100 as a refund, but apart from that, no catch, it makes every other horse massively EV+. If you want you can work out the true EV+ of every horse by looking at Betfair.

It is certainly a loss leader yes, you'd have to be incredibly incompetent as a bookie to think this would still make their book on the race EV! As a side note though, I do know of one (now bust) bookie who offered out 1/3 ew odds on some big races at Cheltenham a few years back, with the decision-makers seemingly unaware of just how bad an offer this was from an EV perspective, much to the chagrin of the traders - even with super low limits it was easy to rack up some decent £EV with zero effort.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:49:13 PM by adnmdv » Logged
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »

Offering money back if he wins probably saves people from lumping on it as they look for better prices, could save them money perhaps?

adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »

*Could* yes, from an EV (in terms of this one race, obv ignoring business reasons) though it's terrible.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2012, 09:13:05 PM »

a catch somewhere?

I was thinking....early race; gets people to deposit.... even if they only get their money back they are more likely to do it in on rest of the festival than snap withdraw(although that may be bs as they offer it in shop also)

This

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »

GL Girgy.

ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: