blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:13:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 256921 times)
ruthless1

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »

Popped into curry's today and saw this deal, would be pretty good for someone starting out or wanting to upgrade from an older cam. couple of semi decent lenses included too.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/canon-eos-1100d-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-and-75-300-mm-f4-5-6-iii-lenses-11099693-pdt.html?intcmp=currys_seg_s2_DigitalSLRCameras_Canon1100DSave%C2%A3100_369613_03_24-12-11
Nice camera esp for someone wanting to start out, i have one up the ESO 550, just started out a little more expensive and comes with standard lense to start with, but 18 mp is worth the extra pennies also you can record on the 550 but not sure on the 1100D.
I took up photography 20 years ago, loads has changed and unfortunely i never kept up with the times! Now i have got back into it im trying to take everything in, always be learning, and yes totally agree with buying new lenses, and other equipment, i only have the standard 18 55mm at the moment but saving for 24/70mm mainly for wedding photography!
RAW is something im just getting to grips with, not up to date with all programs but my daughter is helping me with that, but any info would be great!

I'd agree 100% with this, I've got 550D as well. Problem with buying kits like that is that although they are perfectly usable lenses, you'll soon realise that you can do better (for a more money, obv!). I got the upgraditis bug very soon after buying mine. I now own 5 lenses, none of which are the original ones I got! If you are that type (and I should have known better, frankly, it's standard for me), then I'd look at simpler kit and buy/upgrade the lens after a while once you've sussed things out a bit.
ruthless1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2012, 11:07:03 PM »

I took up photography 20 years ago, loads has changed and unfortunely i never kept up with the times! Now i have got back into it im trying to take everything in, always be learning, and yes totally agree with buying new lenses, and other equipment, i only have the standard 18 55mm at the moment but saving for 24/70mm mainly for wedding photography!
RAW is something im just getting to grips with, not up to date with all programs but my daughter is helping me with that, but any info would be great!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »

Not a new one but I just found it and it made me laugh  Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 11:19:24 PM »

Nice pic, tricky exposure.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2012, 11:52:01 PM »

Not a new one but I just found it and it made me laugh  Cheesy

Love the dog's expression, and the sky is great.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2012, 12:00:52 AM »

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 07:32:33 AM »

Nice pics so far, i hope to get time at the weekend to get out with the camera, i agree with lenses, i currently use mainly 24-70 but really want the 70-200 but that will have to wait for a while Sad

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 09:30:01 AM »

I'm sure there are better people than me to explain it, but RAW is literally a record of exactly what the sensor detects. Turning that into a picture is a job for something else. If you do jpeg in camera, the camera (DIGIC chip in Canon, for instance) will do it, applying white balance correction, colour calibration, noise reduction, etc etc. If you get the RAW into a computer then get another program to do it, you can make choices with these things later. The massive benefit of RAW is that the sensor on a camera will record levels that are not visible at the very dark and very bright ends and the jpeg conversion in-camera effectively throws these differences away. However, if you find you want to make exposure corrections for the whole shot or just bits of it after the event, the extra information that the RAW holds is a lot more conducive to this. You don't realise the benefit until you try it.

What camera have you got? I may be teaching you to suck eggs here, but remember that a crop sensor camera (Canons 1100 all the way up to 7D) will have a multiplier of 1.6 to get the "old" 35mm focal lengths you may be used to. 18mm lens on a crop sensor is equivalent to 28mm lens on a 35mm film camera. 24mm on a crop is 38mm on a 35mm - which may be a bit restrictive at the wide end. I don't know - you've probably considered all this already.

My current portrait lens of a choice is a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 (constant). Equivalent to 27-80 on a 35mm camera. Lovely quality lens and nice and fast for a zoom. I've also got a Canon 50mm f1.8 "nifty fifty". Dirt cheap prime lens (£60), but very nice. Can be a bit restrictive, but if you've got room to zoom with your feet, it produces some lovely results.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 10:24:47 AM »

A hardcore wildlife photographer in the States.

http://vimeo.com/17995671

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 10:44:24 AM »

Stunning

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »

Took this a couple of years ago - it's sat unviewed for too long since

Seems I need help with getting the pics on here at a suitable size...

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:22:46 AM by david3103 » Logged

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »

Are there options to use for links on the site you are hosting them on?  You may be chosing the wrong one if there are.  Mind you, the orginal is a bit big to be posting anyway, it's quite large.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

Are there options to use for links on the site you are hosting them on?  You may be chosing the wrong one if there are.  Mind you, the orginal is a bit big to be posting anyway, it's quite large.

I'm using ImageShack and clicking on the 'Code for Forums' button...

The original is a bit big? In what way?

I really need an idiot's guide to all this posting pics on the forum stuff - it can't be hard, but somehow I'm making it feel that way

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I copied your image to my desktop then reuploaded it.   There was an option to resize underneath where you choose your file where the default was for a 19" monitor so I left it.  Uploaded and from the various options in Links to share your image, this one I've used here was the Forum Code option.  You can remove the Uploaded with Imageshack link youself in this forum easy enough if you want.

For me, the original took up my whole screen, it was massive. It's not a problem, just might be awkward to view on the forum for some.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:06:24 PM by Silo Graham » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: