blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:45:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272645 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 257201 times)
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2012, 12:35:21 AM »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but if you look at the crescent moon tonight or over the next week you'll see this (note that Up/North isn't up, if you know what I mean, I rotated the camera to fit the 3 objects in):

Click to see full-size image.

Closer shot of the moon and its neighbour.

This is Venus next to the moon and at its north-west is Jupiter.

These were just hand held shots I took using, shock horror, digital zoom!  I never use digital zoom, but for some weird reason it actually makes these look better.

Full sized images below.

http://i.imgur.com/YUyyi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mbfZl.jpg

More details here:

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/visible-planets-tonight-mars-jupiter-venus-saturn-mercury

WOW! My kids pointed these out to me earlier, they really stood out as different than the "usual" but I wasn't sure what they were.
I've just shown them this post and they were really excited, we all went out for another look but I cant find them now Sad
We'll definitely be on the look out tomorrow evening though!

Im back again, with mild hypothermia and a crick in my neck from being stood outside in my pj's past midnight.
Been having a quick google off whats going on up there since I came back in, and I really think you should post that fantastic moon pic here, Machka,

f you snap an amazing photo of Jupiter, Venus the moon or any other skywatching target and would like to share it for a possible story or image  gallery, please send images and your comments to SPACE.com managing editor Tariq Malik at tmalik@space.com.

Your pic was a lot better than the one they're showing at the moment, theirs didn't have that incredible "darkside" that you can see in yours.
Really great shot, I didn't quite realise how good it was until I just had a go, my camera could only "see" one really bright star, and that was all blurry!

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2012, 12:42:19 AM »

With the grandkids with me today it was pretty much impossible to search out the normal interesting or wildlife pics. They ran me ragged all day as wanted to climb and investigate. decided to concentrate on getting some decent pics of them instead. Quite like these two. I had been placing them in the various windows of an old ruin where they had spent an age running around. They decided they wanted to sit in windows at oppsite ends of the ruin and shout over to each other.

When I moved round to take some pics of the wee man I noticed that I could also view the lass at the other end.

Geo
Love these, composition is great.
Subject matter pretty gorgeous too.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2012, 04:09:44 AM »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but if you look at the crescent moon tonight or over the next week you'll see this (note that Up/North isn't up, if you know what I mean, I rotated the camera to fit the 3 objects in):

Closer shot of the moon and its neighbour.

This is Venus next to the moon and at its north-west is Jupiter.

These were just hand held shots I took using, shock horror, digital zoom!  I never use digital zoom, but for some weird reason it actually makes these look better.

Full sized images below.

http://i.imgur.com/YUyyi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mbfZl.jpg

More details here:

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/visible-planets-tonight-mars-jupiter-venus-saturn-mercury

WOW! My kids pointed these out to me earlier, they really stood out as different than the "usual" but I wasn't sure what they were.
I've just shown them this post and they were really excited, we all went out for another look but I cant find them now Sad
We'll definitely be on the look out tomorrow evening though!

Im back again, with mild hypothermia and a crick in my neck from being stood outside in my pj's past midnight.
Been having a quick google off whats going on up there since I came back in, and I really think you should post that fantastic moon pic here, Machka,

f you snap an amazing photo of Jupiter, Venus the moon or any other skywatching target and would like to share it for a possible story or image  gallery, please send images and your comments to SPACE.com managing editor Tariq Malik at tmalik@space.com.

Your pic was a lot better than the one they're showing at the moment, theirs didn't have that incredible "darkside" that you can see in yours.
Really great shot, I didn't quite realise how good it was until I just had a go, my camera could only "see" one really bright star, and that was all blurry!

I'll have another go Sunday evening if it's a clear night.  I do have a proper tripod I bought but never used so maybe I'll bring that into play and see what I can get when I go semi-serious. :-)

Off topic - but can I ask what's the etiquette for replying here on blonde? 

I do see most replys include the full previous post which I think clutters the page. 

But if that's the done thing then I'll just continue what I'm doing.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2012, 06:30:24 AM »

Off topic - but can I ask what's the etiquette for replying here on blonde?  

I do see most replys include the full previous post which I think clutters the page.  

But if that's the done thing then I'll just continue what I'm doing.

I tend to go with - what makes sense.

Usually that involves some cutting in the quote to make it smaller.

It can just be replying straight after and not quoting at all.

But obviously if a post was at least the previous page then some sort quote is needed to make it clear what you're referring to.

I don't think there's any standard practice though.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2012, 06:54:58 AM »

Pretty neat photos of stars & stuff, Aaron, well done.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2012, 06:57:04 AM »

Great photo, but how do you know they were getting jiggy?  Maybe they were squaring up to have a nasty bar fight.

See my answer tikay's question about "What is the white thing they are eating?".  Unless you are of a nervous disposition, in which case pretend you never asked!

Laxie? Nervous disposition? Hmmm.

Imgine TRIP5, on speed. Getting the drift? Then imagine a box of frogs.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 26, 2012, 08:29:49 AM »

Thanks TK and Redsgirl for the comments.

You're spot on TK. The wee man started life as a pretty poorly kid but things going really well.

Like me he is extremely inquisitive nosey, he questions everything and his catchword throughout the day was "this looks interesting" any and all nooks a crannies were investigated with Grandad expected to follow, covered a fair bit of climbing and distance I can tell you.

The two of us are heading up Blackford Hill by the observatory today so should get some good shots of the city.

Enjoying Grandads Toffee Loaf:

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:02 AM »

You must be very proud Geo.

I was a bit worried you may misinterpret "attitude", but I think you got my precise meaning.

Lovely to see, & enjoy your day with them today.

zelda

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »

These are not 'artistic' but I love how it shows the growth of these magnificent creatures...

2 weeks old...

About 7 weeks old - they loved to snuggle on my lap Smiley

About 3 months old - waiting to go out...

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »

Suffered for my art today. Blisters on both heels. The wife and I started the North Kesteven 'stepping out' initiative which is 15 sites across Lincolnshire with 2-5 walks at each site. Each walk ranges from about 2miles to 12miles. Some of the routes have outdoor art type stuff for you to see. One of the things we saw today was The Seated Lady at
Scopwick which apparently represents a tree spirit or Dryad.

I'm not much of a map follower so just went were my feet took me, which was all over the place today! Easily covered 8miles + which is a lot for me! Nothing more tilting than walking miles to a great looking forest, all eager to take some snaps, getting to the edge and being met by a sign saying 'Private - Keep out' or words to that affect.  If i wasn't with the missus I would have probably just ignored the signs and pleaded ignorance despite hearing gunshots and seeing shotgun shells.. but alas she is a god fearing, law abiding citizen.

A not so interesting fact: The Lincolnshire dialect word ‘barff’ means a hill running parallel to lower ground.

Struggled to find decent stuff today. My highlight real is below. One day if i ever do a bink again I will treat myself to a decent camera.

Another shot at doing colour splash.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »

A not so interesting fact: The Lincolnshire dialect word ‘barff’ means a hill running parallel to lower ground.

Don't all hills run parallel to lower ground?   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »

Milly. Good job. Isn't it great to get out?

I like the colour splash and the fuel tank.

The older I get, the better I was.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2012, 03:32:04 PM »

Milly. Good job. Isn't it great to get out?

I like the colour splash and the water tank.

fyp

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »

Zelda!

Chickens do not love to snuggle on your lap.

Now me on the other hand.....

The older I get, the better I was.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »

what do you camera lot reckon to this? Looks good to me, but I know nowt about cameras really.

http://mashable.com/2012/02/27/nokia-808-pureview/

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: