blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:04:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary from a dealers point of view?
Poll
Question: Would it work?  (Voting closed: February 11, 2012, 02:54:07 AM)
Yes - 25 (83.3%)
No - 5 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary from a dealers point of view?  (Read 3963 times)
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:54:07 AM »

So for starters a quick note to the mods, Feel free to delete this thread after a couple of days. This is more of an experiment in my eyes although I might go through with it, once I get an all clear from DTD.

Secondly! Well done to this this months Deepstack winner, Nick Crisp!

Okay, so down to business. I am considering starting a diary from the dealers point of view on things at DTD. Obvs in any hands I bring up I wont ever use names. And I would like to say that this wouldn't be a diary to slate plays and players. It would be more based on hands I find to be interesting, to keep everyone up to date with DTD news (Yes I know Rob and other staff have their blogs) and other things.

What i would like to know though, is would anyone read it? Does anybody have anything they would like in there?

I'm not going to go through with it until I know my jobs safe for doing it!

Anyway, thanks for reading and sorry if i've wasted your time in going nowhere with it.

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

No limit hold'em is a game of incomplete information where players must use all available information to make the best possible decision. - Russell Bowman
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:07:19 AM »

I think you need to be really careful, it would be very easy to piss people off mate if your getting into play you see and people etc.
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:10:18 AM »

Oh yeah defiantly! Like I said, nothings in stone and I would never use names or "bad beats" as examples. I'm just curious to see what people would like to read from a dealer. Lets say its still in beta testing?

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

No limit hold'em is a game of incomplete information where players must use all available information to make the best possible decision. - Russell Bowman
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »

Please do this!
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 03:16:01 AM »

I would love to Tony, but I need to know what people would like to read. Maybe a day in the life of a dealer kind of thing maybe?

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:17:26 AM »

I would love to Tony, but I need to know what people would like to read. Maybe a day in the life of a dealer kind of thing maybe?

Who is shipping the waitresses?  Cool
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:23:44 AM »

Might have to get Tighty's photography skills in for that one

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 03:48:46 AM »

Cant imagine there would be much to say? Maybe im just being miserable and rude but a dealer commenting on hands? Really?

Example- Dealer to our table in WPT "How often do you guys win with AK? It must be way over 50% cos i only win like 10% with it and thats the difference between me and you"

Yeah that and about 50 on the old IQ
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 05:05:59 AM »

Lol, I do see your point. But I did say I wouldn't risk talking about hands because of the knock on effect. I'm not too sure on the finer details as o yet. It's just an idea at the moment, I want to take the opportunity to see what people would like to hear about. See it as me (actually love my job) trying to bring a better customer relation from DTD to you guys.

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:14:04 AM »

Just write it, if people enjoy it, you will know, as they will comment accordingly, & ask questions, & the thread will stay near the top of the page.

If they do not comment, & you don't update regularly, it will drop off the page.

Measure how many views it gets every day, that will give you a clue as to it's popularity, too.

I think it might appeal to all bar WPT winners, who move in higher circles. They don't read my Diary, either. Tossers.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »

Yes if it's ok'd by Nick and Simon I'd go for it. I get most of the gossip on Facebook but if I could get it on Blonde then I would be killing two birds with one stone Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 02:27:49 PM »

Well I woke up this morning to find the poll swinging in favor of me running this. Quite nice really. I did read something that I found really interesting though. The DTD no deal policy.

Where I think this forum board might be split on where they stand with this, let me say that I agree with it. Since the Black Friday incident last April poker in all forms has been trying to get itself established as a sport, and in any sport you will never find players sitting down and making a deal. Imagine for a few seconds please, if Beckham and Torres just stopped playing and went to the center of the pitch and started talking a deal? Bad example really since Beckham would just get confused and cranky because hes missing play time and he wants to keep kicking the ball shaped object by his feet. But hopefully you see what i'm trying to get at here.
All i'm saying is no deals keeps the game alive. I've delt many final tables and everytime I can pick out who wants to make the deal and slowly, you see people fall to his/her reasoning  and slowly you see the last few players just give up saying no.

Anyway, lets call this my first attempt. Cheers guys. Keep the feed back coming.

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 03:42:05 PM »

Poker isn't a sport though, is it?  It's a game, a very competitive one, but not a sport.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »

Oh, and like the idea behind the thread.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »

will the diary continue to have terrible analogies? if so you should carry on

I've already decided to petition dtd to ban drinking at the table because you'd never see torres and beckham sitting down in the centre circle during the game with a couple of pints

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: