blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Capello resigns
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Capello resigns  (Read 32242 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2012, 09:16:14 PM »

not a lot

it is all kind of irrelevant all the while the players are so technically behind the counterparts in terms of keeping the ball anyway

True story.

As are potential managerial candidates imo.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »

he has also heavily contributed to portsmouths inflated wage bill which has not helped there current predicament

how is it his fault?Huh?Huh???

you do not agree that giving massive contracts to players of the ilk of benjani, kanu and ben haim (not to mention a dozen others) with no clauses for relegations e.t.c in was detrimental to the club?

i am aware peter storey was supposedly behind the negotiant but he is/was arrys puppet imo
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »

There's no doubt my man Roy is a top top technical coach and a thoroughly good guy. What he does really well is get decent professional footballers organised and working for each other in a disciplined way. Hence he will go to clubs like Fulham/WBA and be able to improve a situation. His international CV is fantastically diverse but it does only include improvement jobs with smaller nations where his skills are best utilised. We see when my man Roy steps up to clubs with a winning expectation with world class players his organising skills don't seem to inspire.

At top international level the players are already organised and have world class ability so they need somebody to inspire them not improve them. Roy can inspire decent pros because of his knowledge and the thought he has the ability to take them to the next level. But it's personality that's needed in the England job and I'm afraid with them tweed brown suits my man Roy is found wanting.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »

he has also heavily contributed to portsmouths inflated wage bill which has not helped there current predicament

you do not agree that giving massive contracts to players of the ilk of benjani, kanu and ben haim (not to mention a dozen others) with no clauses for relegations e.t.c in was detrimental to the club?

i am aware peter storey was supposedly behind the negotiant but he is/was arrys puppet imo
Kanu was awesome though and still only 29 apparently.

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »

There's no doubt my man Roy is a top top technical coach and a thoroughly good guy. What he does really well is get decent professional footballers organised and working for each other in a disciplined way. Hence he will go to clubs like Fulham/WBA and be able to improve a situation. His international CV is fantastically diverse but it does only include improvement jobs with smaller nations where his skills are best utilised. We see when my man Roy steps up to clubs with a winning expectation with world class players his organising skills don't seem to inspire.

At top international level the players are already organised and have world class ability so they need somebody to inspire them not improve them. Roy can inspire decent pros because of his knowledge and the thought he has the ability to take them to the next level. But it's personality that's needed in the England job and I'm afraid with them tweed brown suits my man Roy is found wanting.

which players in the current england squad are world class please?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »

Kanu was awesome though and still only 29 apparently.

bit like freddy adu was only 17 when he was 21 Smiley
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »

The thing really With Hodgson is this, if he were an overseas coach he would be lauded for what he has achieved in his career.

Most people judge him by the way he talks not what he has done.

In over 20 seasons outside Scandinavia he has won nothing.

IMO the fact he's English has him as highly rated as he is. (That and his many friends in the media)

If he was Spanish he'd be hammered and given a nickname like the fat Spanish waiter.

and Redknapp?

Also has friends in the media....

No but on a serious note he's won an FA Cup, managed in the Champions League recently and shown that he is capable of handling big players. The way Spurs have dealt with Modric has been excellent.

I'm looking at a small sample in Woy's time at my club, but the players hated playing under him. Reina was told to hoof the ball, Daniel Agger, easily our best and most cultured defender didn't get games and was heard being told to "just launch the fucking thing" and we played terribly.

Would he be good for England? Strangely he might (as per Rod's point above) but I do not believe he is as good as some people think he is.

That is a wind up, yes?

Redknapps biggest achievement with a big club, which you seem to be ranking Roy on  was spending fortunes and turning Spurs from the 6th best club in England to the 5th best club in England.

He's won the FA Cup with Pompey and taken Spurs into the Champions League (from the relegation zone the season before) in the very recent past.

so he has won 1 cup in his career and that makes him a better coach than Hodgson?

Taking Spurs from the relegation spots in the Prem being his second best achievement really says nothing but you are clutching at straws. I would back any club manager in charge of every club in England to do that.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »

didnt he bust Bournemouth and virtually bust west ham also? So so happy it looks like they moved away from korruptnut.

Roy's a safe bet, knows how to manage a successful national team, managed the biggest teams in europe and has the ability to manage the lesser teams. I dont put too much weight on his record at liverpool, with the two asswhipes in ownership of the club even the special one would have messed up.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2012, 09:25:27 PM »

he targeted players that were on far higher wages than the club could afford in the long run, same as he did at Southampton before that, look what happened at those two clubs after he had bailed out.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »

which players in the current england squad are world class please?

Joe Hart, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Stevie G, Wayne Rooney

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »

Joe Hart probably just yes
John Terry at his absolute best yes been exposed many times for england though
Ashley Cole yes
Frank Lampard at club level yes never been convinced for england
Stevie G name the performances for england ?
Wayne Rooney yes
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2012, 09:32:30 PM »

The thing really With Hodgson is this, if he were an overseas coach he would be lauded for what he has achieved in his career.

Most people judge him by the way he talks not what he has done.

In over 20 seasons outside Scandinavia he has won nothing.

IMO the fact he's English has him as highly rated as he is. (That and his many friends in the media)

If he was Spanish he'd be hammered and given a nickname like the fat Spanish waiter.

and Redknapp?

Also has friends in the media....

No but on a serious note he's won an FA Cup, managed in the Champions League recently and shown that he is capable of handling big players. The way Spurs have dealt with Modric has been excellent.

I'm looking at a small sample in Woy's time at my club, but the players hated playing under him. Reina was told to hoof the ball, Daniel Agger, easily our best and most cultured defender didn't get games and was heard being told to "just launch the fucking thing" and we played terribly.

Would he be good for England? Strangely he might (as per Rod's point above) but I do not believe he is as good as some people think he is.

That is a wind up, yes?

Redknapps biggest achievement with a big club, which you seem to be ranking Roy on  was spending fortunes and turning Spurs from the 6th best club in England to the 5th best club in England.

He's won the FA Cup with Pompey and taken Spurs into the Champions League (from the relegation zone the season before) in the very recent past.

so he has won 1 cup in his career and that makes him a better coach than Hodgson?

Taking Spurs from the relegation spots in the Prem being his second best achievement really says nothing but you are clutching at straws. I would back any club manager in charge of every club in England to do that.

What is there to be better than?? Hodgson hasn't won anything outside of Scandanavia. Ever. Like I said above neither is a "great" coach. The whole country seems to rate Redknapp more highly than Hodgson but you seem surprised I do?

Jol couldn't make the CL Spots (from 5th) Ramos (twice back-to-back Europa League winner - which you seem to rate highly as Hodgson finalled it) couldn't from 5th place either.

Harry did it from relegation zone to 4th in under 18 months. The first coach to break the regular top 4 since Moyes did it in 2005 with Everton. It was a huge achievement. And his net spend wasn't very big in his first 18 months. I would actually rate it more highly than his FA Cup win. If you asked him if he'd rather have 4th this season or another FA Cup I'm sure he'd take 4th in a heartbeat.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »

he targeted players that were on far higher wages than the club could afford in the long run, same as he did at Southampton before that, look what happened at those two clubs after he had bailed out.

I know why people always say this. He is the manager not the accountant, just can't see how he is always blamed for it. Chairman / directors fault entirely.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »

Joe Hart probably just yes
John Terry at his absolute best yes been exposed many times for england though
Ashley Cole yes
Frank Lampard at club level yes never been convinced for england
Stevie G name the performances for england ?
Wayne Rooney yes

Terry is not world class. Parker is more world class than him!

Kyle Walker thoooo.

SUPERB.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »

the fact redknapp has left most clubs he has been at in a right state financially and squad wise probably is not relevant but he appears to be doing the same to spurs if you compare the subs bench now to when he took over.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: