blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Rangers into administration
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rangers into administration  (Read 24880 times)
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2012, 11:55:55 AM »

The computer seems to favour a Glasgow based team or Dunfermline. Team 12, if Dundee, would cause fixture chaos if you check out any home games whilst Dundee Utd are at home.

Dunfermline don't have a home clash issue.

A Glasgow based team would only clash once with Celtic but that Celtic game has been cancelled so Celtic can play a game v Real Madrid.

Sandy
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120621/vr-statement_2241384_2818454

Mr Vladimir Romanov today issued the following statement after recent revelations that have had a hugely damaging affect on the game in this country.

Mr Romanov, who has been consistent in his views since investing in Scottish football in 2005, said:

"The opinion of Heart of Midlothian FC in regards to the current situation of Scottish football is clear and robust.

"The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances.

"As regards the club itself, we can only express our deepest condolences to its supporters, who have been lied to for so many years.

"It had to happen sooner or later. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.

"All of this brought hollow victories and destroyed football. We can also mention the attempts to eliminate Hearts with the help of the tax petitions, through false accusations and threats to revoke the club license. There is a saying about digging a grave for someone: you get it for yourself …

"Without these people football will become cleaner and stronger. Without Murdoch the whole of society will improve, in particular sport and culture.

"Supporters deserve a new beginning and have to accept the fact that their club has to start from the lower league, keeping order in the SPL and without creating unfair competition with other clubs.

"As regards the pitiful state of Scottish football finances, a lot of the blame should be placed at the doors of Murdoch's media. They pay huge sums to English clubs, whilst in Scotland, where football is better supported per capita than anywhere else in Europe and there are more cable or Sky subscribers per capita than in England, clubs receive peanuts for their broadcasting rights.

"At the very least this is discrimination and protectionism for the English football product, which at the same time stunts the development of the game in Scotland, that is regarded as the cradle of football.

"I feel that it is absolutely realistic to create a company that would bring to Scottish clubs at least the same broadcasting income, and even grow it by 50-100% over the next two to three years. This company should be in the hands of Scottish clubs and work with those who want to earn money the honest way, instead of conducting business the Murdoch way.

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine

Eh, I think we can put that down as no to a Newco in the SPL from Hearts then.
Hibs will vote no, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Celtic will probably vote no as well.
Not that the Newco actually meets the criteria to get a place anyway.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »

Hearts and hibs are def no's.

I've heard a 3rd club will announce no 2mo. As soon as it looks like 5 nos are a certainty, surely Celtic won't miss the PR of being the 5th to declare and put the nail in the coffin!

Personally as someone who is impartial I think it would be morally corrupt (heard that alot on the radio today), to allow them to stay!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »

Dundee UTD have announced in the last few minutes that they will say no.

Sandy
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »

Hearts and hibs are def no's.

I've heard a 3rd club will announce no 2mo. As soon as it looks like 5 nos are a certainty, surely Celtic won't miss the PR of being the 5th to declare and put the nail in the coffin!

Personally as someone who is impartial I think it would be morally corrupt (heard that alot on the radio today), to allow them to stay!

Celtic are doing the right thing keeping quiet, this can't be sidetracked into a Celtic/Rangers fight.

Season ticket sales are through the floor at Dundee Utd I would expect that will change now and I would imagine Aberdeen might show their hand soon as they are in the same position.   
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2012, 09:51:14 PM »

Personally I don't see how this can be good for Celtic at all.  Sure they win everything but they lose the 4 games a year that probably drives the demand for their TV rights.  No Rangers can only lead to massively reduced TV money for SPL and presumably crowds too if it becomes too much of a one horse race.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »

Won't the rangers fans just support Celtic instead Huh?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2012, 10:14:10 PM »

Personally I don't see how this can be good for Celtic at all.  Sure they win everything but they lose the 4 games a year that probably drives the demand for their TV rights.  No Rangers can only lead to massively reduced TV money for SPL and presumably crowds too if it becomes too much of a one horse race.
Tv Money is worth 1m a year.Sporting Integrity is priceless.
Rumours tonight that Celtic will share out a bigger slice of their Tv Money with the rest of the Spl.
Polls have taken place throughout the spl Clubs and nearly every Clubs fans percentage was 90% to show them the Door.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »

Per year the SPL gets about £16/18 million. A massive reduction would be what exactly ?  A reduction perhaps, even though on twitter Sky have said they have no plans to ditch SPL football.

Scaremongering.

If Rangers get back in the SPL they can't afford it anyway. Couldn't afford it before so how can they plug the £10 million per season gap in funds without cost cutting ? No European jackpots for 3 years even if they did overcome this.

To rescue Rangers, whatever happens, will take lots of money (i.e. many many millions)and/or lots of time and not just 2/3 years either.

Sandy
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »

Per year the SPL gets about £16/18 million. A massive reduction would be what exactly ?  A reduction perhaps, even though on twitter Sky have said they have no plans to ditch SPL football.

Scaremongering.

If Rangers get back in the SPL they can't afford it anyway. Couldn't afford it before so how can they plug the £10 million per season gap in funds without cost cutting ? No European jackpots for 3 years even if they did overcome this.

To rescue Rangers, whatever happens, will take lots of money (i.e. many many millions)and/or lots of time and not just 2/3 years either.

Sandy

No plans do ditch SPL but want to make a considerable ammendment to the agreed £80m deal. Think that is fair enough without Old firm games which is the marquee event of the SPL. As a Rangers fan I want to take our punishment and go the the 3rd division and let the rest get on with it.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2012, 10:59:59 PM »

the money the SPL teams would lose from the fans boycotting the season tickets this season is slightly more than the money they will lose on sky pulling out

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2012, 11:25:47 PM »

the money the SPL teams would lose from the fans boycotting the season tickets this season is slightly more than the money they will lose on sky pulling out

Doubtful... Would hazard a guess vast majority of non old firms struggle to reach £1m per year in season tickets(and you wouldn't lose 100% of these season tickets)

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »

Doubt Sky would have a clause allowing the deal to be renegoiated if Rangers leave the SPL. As technically I guess they already have anyway.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »

Aberdeen are the 3rd team to say no

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2012, 10:36:44 PM »

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/107728-hibernian-confirm-they-will-vote-against-admitting-newco-rangers-to-spl/

Hibs, Dundee Utd and Hearts have now confirmed they intend to say no.

Sandy

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: