blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:06:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Rangers into administration
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rangers into administration  (Read 24891 times)
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »

If you knew nothing, i guess you might have been informed. 10 mins at the end for me. Pretty poor IMO.

Sandy
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »

If you knew nothing, i guess you might have been informed. 10 mins at the end for me. Pretty poor IMO.

Sandy

Got to remember what we've seen unfold over months on the Tax Case blog etc has been written off as 'internet nonsense' by the mainstream media etc.

All of a sudden the nutters are showed to be right. Expecting much 'new' to people who've been following for a long time was unreasonable, getting the breakdown of side letters, reductions in wages covered by EBT payments etc is the thing we were looking for here & we got it.

The side letters info has taken the worry about newco etc & what to do with them & made it all moot. Playing illegally registered players for years, therefore denying not just Scottish but European clubs significant revenue means there are no sanctions below expulsion IMO. And if the SPL/SFA screw that up - UEFA are waiting.

Bit of dirt for Souness too - not a provable allegation from what they showed, but certainly makes the payment look suspect.

The newsnight at 11 will be interesting - don't see how anyone can put +ve spin on that programme for RFC.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »

tivo'd it ...worth watching?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »

If you're curious and haven't read much then yes.

If you've followed it with interest then there isn't a whole lot of new.

Aside from the informative aspect it was a pretty poor production and could easily have been 30 mins and less shite to waste time.

Sandy
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »

Aside from the informative aspect it was a pretty poor production and could easily have been 30 mins and less shite to waste time.

Sandy

Tough crowd, I'm not sure what you were expecting here. The only people interested in this so far have been Scottish football fans, the programme laid it all out there, Rangers are only a part of this (albeit a rather big part) it goes further than them, Murray and the Bank of Scotland in particular have a lot to answer for.

If you are a football fan I would recommend watching this, I especially liked The Wire theme tune at one point, follow the money.... 
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »

Sandy

Tough crowd, I'm not sure what you were expecting here. The only people interested in this so far have been Scottish football fans, the programme laid it all out there, Rangers are only a part of this (albeit a rather big part) it goes further than them, Murray and the Bank of Scotland in particular have a lot to answer for.

If you are a football fan I would recommend watching this, I especially liked The Wire theme tune at one point, follow the money.... 
I thought it was Howard Kendall having a leading role.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »

The fact Rangers went to the Court of Session is widely reported. None of these professional news teams seem to have picked up on the fact they are not allowed to do this under Fifa rules and the last time a club tried this (Sion) it was potentially bad for the football in the whole country. Man Utd almost got a champions league recall until the Swizz FA hammered Sion with a 36 point penalty.

Sandy
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »

Watched it. As most big clubs use EBTs as a tax loophole is this a precursor of a shitstorm in EPL or were RFC just blatantent in using "loans" to replace "wages"?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »

Watched it. As most big clubs use EBTs as a tax loophole is this a precursor of a shitstorm in EPL or were RFC just blatantent in using "loans" to replace "wages"?

Both. Strong rumour has been that this is a test case. Arsenal apparently struck a deal for £40 million.

Sandy
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »

As far as I'm aware this has been fairly rife in English football - one club I've heard mentioned is Arsenal (only rumour tho) - hence the Taxman is likely to play hardball and is very unlikely to accept a p in the £ deal at Rangers - it's not their £70m that matters but the several hundred £m at stake in the wider industry.

As for the programme, very little was new, but it was an excellent summary of all the stuff that the pathetic media in Scotland have been too scared/far up "Sir" D Murray's arse to print for the last few years. Mark Daly's a really good journo and I'd be most surprised if Duff & Phelps actually raise a writ against the BBC, let alone be successful with it.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »

@stvmike  Latest twist in Rangers CVA saga - Clark admits they aren't able to make p in £ offer, but says it is 'best deal for creditors'Huh?

Sandy
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »

Transfer embargo is not a sanction available for Rangers crimes. Sanctions available are set out in SFA rules as: fine, suspension, expulsion from Cup & termination of membership.

Sandy
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2012, 04:18:57 PM »

Transfer embargo is not a sanction available for Rangers crimes. Sanctions available are set out in SFA rules as: fine, suspension, expulsion from Cup & termination of membership.

Sandy

So "winning" this case could turn out to be a complete disaster if the Panel now feel they have no alternative but suspension/termination of membership?
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2012, 04:31:22 PM »

Sandy

So "winning" this case could turn out to be a complete disaster if the Panel now feel they have no alternative but suspension/termination of membership?

They could, and probably will, fine them more money which is a tad ironic. The alternatives put them out of business.

They also have to come out of administration to be able to sign anyone anyway.

Sandy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:33:01 PM by henrik777 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: