blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:52:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 611744 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: December 02, 2015, 11:09:46 PM »

At what point do Arsenal start to regret not parting ways with Wenger while Klopp was there sitting, waiting for a phonecall?

About 5 years ago. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 02, 2015, 11:38:02 PM »

At what point do Arsenal start to regret not parting ways with Wenger while Klopp was there sitting, waiting for a phonecall?

Why, is he a good physiotherapist?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 07, 2015, 03:30:33 PM »

former Arsenal winger Robert Pires feels the Gunners should sign Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama, 24, who is "world-class material".

your views?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 07, 2015, 07:34:24 PM »

former Arsenal winger Robert Pires feels the Gunners should sign Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama, 24, who is "world-class material".

your views?

Promising player yet to deliver consistently imo.

I think that Kante would fit the bill quite nicely however.

Your views?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 07, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »

your views?

Robert Pires, at the age of 42 currently a free agent after playing for FC Goa, Indias party central Smiley
Wanyama is a very good player but ok Robert, what do you do when Coquelin returns from injury?
Play both of them? You could of course but it would take away a little creativity from the side and one less spot for their plethora of midfield options.
It would mean a change of style, playing a defensive double pivot in the mould of Matic/Ramires instead of Matic/Fabregas (in the deep lying playmaker role) or Fernando/Fernandinho instead of Fernandinho/Yaya.
If you get a big one in, you need to get a big one out. So Cazorla out?
Personally I think Arsenal probably need a better cover for Coquelin. I was thinking of Jedinak, who appears frozen out at Palace. Although he is starting tonight, his 1st start of the season. I always thought he was very decent over the last couple of seasons and I guess he's out of favour now.
He should be fairly cheap and not too heavy on the wages. I guess the question is, is he better than Flamini?
How much would Wanyama cost? £30m?

your views?

Promising player yet to deliver consistently imo.

I think that Kante would fit the bill quite nicely however.

Your views?

Lol, Tighty won't like that one!
How much for Kante Tighty?
Leicester might become the new Southampton and get stripped of all their best assets. Can they replace them as well as Southampton have done?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 08, 2015, 10:32:37 AM »

I was hoping we would keep Kante under the radar a little longer. Bags of potential, only 24. I believe, thoguh this is only press tittle-tattle, that Arsenal have looked at him last year in Ligue 1

Wanyama has recently rejected a contract extension i believe?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 09, 2015, 10:26:22 PM »

Giroud is one 

And naturellment Arsene knows  cupcake

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 09, 2015, 10:28:25 PM »

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 10, 2015, 08:15:24 AM »

In Arsene, we trust.*

* Subject to T & C's. E & OE excepted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 10, 2015, 08:16:50 AM »

Managing Arsenal may accelerate the ageing process. This is Arsene on the day he was appointed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 10, 2015, 09:38:18 AM »

"I would have to say Real Madrid would be favourites against Arsenal".

That's what Sky Sports pay Charlie Nicholas for.

He also said he would want Zenit, although "Zenit is a tough place to go".

Looking forward to the annual last sixteen near miss. If you could start the league slump around now, please, that would be great. We don't want any of this "threatening to win the league" malarkey.

Much obliged.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 10, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »

Looking forward to the annual last sixteen near miss. If you could start the league slump around now, please, that would be great. We don't want any of this "threatening to win the league" malarkey.

Much obliged.

You are welcome.

Tell me - not that it's likely Arsenal will ever grace it - but what's it like being in Europa League every season?

Spurs do well to qualify annually, their Europa League qualification record is nearly as good as Arsenal's record of qualifying for the KO stages of the CL. 16 successive now, I think?

Arsene can't last forever, of course, & I do think they should consider replacing him in the next 8 or 10 years.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 10, 2015, 10:03:40 AM »

Much obliged.

You are welcome.

Tell me - not that it's likely Arsenal will ever grace it - but what's it like being in Europa League every season?

Spurs do well to qualify annually, their Europa League qualification record is nearly as good as Arsenal's record of qualifying for the KO stages of the CL. 16 successive now, I think?

Arsene can't last forever, of course, & I do think they should consider replacing him in the next 8 or 10 years.

Even you can't like Charlie Nicholas, surely?

(Cue: "Actually, he's a guest on Tuesday")

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 10, 2015, 10:27:50 AM »

Much obliged.

You are welcome.

Even you can't like Charlie Nicholas, surely?

(Cue: "Actually, he's a guest on Tuesday")

Wink

I don't dislike him as such.

Not a Guest next Tuesday though no - that'll be a F1 bloke, Simon Lazenby.

When I was told it was Simon, I went off to do my little bit of "know your Guest" research. I was quite surprised to see he was the Sky Sports F1 bloke, even though I watch all the F1 stuff. I actually thought Simon Lazenby was something to do with James Bond. Truly.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 10, 2015, 10:30:20 AM »

How long before you ask "What's Suzie Perry like?" or have you moved on to Sebastian Vettel's favourite, Lee McKenzie?

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: