blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:09:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604707 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: July 20, 2017, 10:53:57 AM »

I heard that we bid £10m for Elneny, Arsenal accepted but player declined as it was London or nothing if he was to stay in England.

any chatter of that from the Arsenal end?

(could of course just be agent/journalist nonsense, as much of this stuff is)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: July 20, 2017, 12:20:45 PM »

I heard that we bid £10m for Elneny, Arsenal accepted but player declined as it was London or nothing if he was to stay in England.

That would come as quite a surprise as I thought he did okay in his first season and he's a player I've liked from the start.

There's been nothing mentioned about it from any of my fairly extensive AFC sources and alleged ITK's.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: July 21, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »

Elneny turns down £10m to Leicester

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-midfielder-turns-down-10m-218878

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: July 21, 2017, 11:07:55 AM »

No mention of that from any of my sauces - there is talk of Palace in for Chambers, West Brom for Gibbs, and West Ham allegedly interested in Theo(everything crossed).

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2809 on: July 21, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »

That would come as quite a surprise as I thought he did okay in his first season and he's a player I've liked from the start.

There's been nothing mentioned about it from any of my fairly extensive AFC sources and alleged ITK's.

How does this work? If a club wants to sell a player, does the player have to agree to move to wherever they are being sold to? I didn't realise they had any say in the matter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: July 21, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »

How does this work? If a club wants to sell a player, does the player have to agree to move to wherever they are being sold to? I didn't realise they had any say in the matter.

Probably a time when having a contract means something

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 21, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »

The club and the player have a binding contract for a set time which must be honoured unless they both agree something different - so the club cannot sell a player who wishes to stay and the player cannot leave unless the club allow him to usually by agreeing a transfer fee.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: July 22, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »

PSG chairman believes his side have upper hand in race to land Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez http://dailym.ai/2uJGrTw

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: July 22, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »

PSG chairman believes his side have upper hand in race to land Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez http://dailym.ai/2uJGrTw

Can't believe this at all.

The Boss says our boy is going nowhere this season, and wants to stay at Arsenal, and Sanchez talking about wanting to play CL football has ' all been lost in translation'............ 

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: July 22, 2017, 09:03:03 AM »

busy times

Chelsea plan to step up their efforts to sign Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain next week http://skysports.tv/Ilj3Z4

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 23, 2017, 05:08:49 PM »

The first choice arsenal back four this season, all fit, is? Thanks

My eyes are open wide
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: July 23, 2017, 05:19:01 PM »

Back five

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal Kolasinac
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: July 24, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »

Some vintage stuff in here. Arsenal fans really know their football Wink

https://shewore.com/2017/07/24/arsenal-need-to-spend-big-but-not-waste-money-like-man-city/

Hard to pick out a couple of bits from that piece, as its all laughable, but these 2 nuggets are worthy of consideration...

''When you think they had Pablo Zabeletta and Bacary Sagna last season, they have gone from two right backs who can defend, to two right backs who can not defend''

''Mendy is a decent player, but again, last season Manchester City had the choice between Gael Clichy and Alex Kolarov. Mendy feels like a step back. No where near as good as Clichy at his peak. It certainly stinks of desperation''

Also, special mention for Morata, who is good but not a patch on Giroud.....apparently.

Gooners, gotta love em Smiley
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:48:36 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: July 24, 2017, 02:56:27 PM »

https://shewore.com/2017/07/24/arsenal-need-to-spend-big-but-not-waste-money-like-man-city/

Hard to pick out a couple of bits from that piece, as its all laughable, but these 2 nuggets are worthy of consideration...

''When you think they had Pablo Zabeletta and Bacary Sagna last season, they have gone from two right backs who can defend, to two right backs who can not defend''

''Mendy is a decent player, but again, last season Manchester City had the choice between Gael Clichy and Alex Kolarov. Mendy feels like a step back. No where near as good as Clichy at his peak. It certainly stinks of desperation''

Also, special mention for Morata, who is good but not a patch on Giroud.....apparently.

As shown on this thread, thankfully, all Gooners do not have the same thoughts....... Wink Grin

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: July 24, 2017, 03:45:48 PM »

I follow quite a few Arsenal blogs but that is not one of them - I'm sure I could easily find a lunatic fringe blog for any football team if I wanted to.

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: