blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:47:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605286 times)
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:12 PM »

That's showing proper heart. Man obv offered to put up his wife against the other guy's house, but he's demanded a Toyota as well.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2013, 04:56:12 PM »

Read in the Regional News on the Sky Sports app today that Bendtner wants to go to either Real Madrid or Barcelona when he leaves Arsenal.

We're stuck with him for a while then.......

The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2013, 04:23:35 AM »

Absolute nut low. Would rather have Chamkh.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 26, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »

I see Nicky got arrested last night trying to break into his own apartment block.

Tried kicking the door in.....but missed

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 27, 2013, 08:03:11 AM »

Not quite there yet, but assuming no accidents @ Napoli, is that 14 years on the bounce in the KO stages of the CL?

By any standards, that is extraordinary. The modern Arsenal - stadium, infrastructure, everything -  must have benefitted to a pretty penny on the financial benefits of that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 27, 2013, 08:05:24 AM »

As you can see, after some flapping & hoohah from supporters during the Autumn, Mr W is now out to 99/1 to be the next PM Manager to leave.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-team-to-change-manager

Oh, wait - who is the current favourite?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »

Andre Villas-Boas 10/11 to be next departure

Tottenham boss backed in from 10/1 to odds-on following City defeat

26th November 2013

Andre Villas-Boas has gone odds-on to be the next Premier League manager to leave in the wake of Tottenham’s 6-0 drubbing at Manchester City.

Fulham boss Martin Jol had been the clear front-runner for a number of weeks, but he’s now out to 7/4 with Villas-Boas taking his place as the 10/11 favourite.

The Portuguese had already been under-fire after criticising the club’s home support earlier in the season, while their lack of fire-power up front has only added pressure.

Spurs had been relying on a solid defence up until Sunday, when title favourites City doubled their goals conceded tally with a ruthless display.

Former Porto and Chelsea manager Villas-Boas suggested he was “ashamed” of the loss, prompting punters to pile money on an swift departure.

Sky Bet’s Chris Spicer said: “Villas-Boas was a 33/1 chance prior to Sunday’s defeat at the Etihad Stadium, but we cut him to 10/1 after the final whistle.

“Interest in the Spurs boss didn’t pick up until Monday night, though, and by Tuesday morning he’d been backed into 10/11 favourite, though plenty will be eyeing up Martin Jol’s renewed value.”

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 27, 2013, 08:22:17 AM »

Interestingly, looks like a deal for Defoe to go to Toronto has been agreed after a few weeks of speculation. Also word that Joe Lewis will be making a bit of money available for a new striker in January.

I'm not sure how I feel about AvB going. The fans know a new midfield if going to take some bedding in, but the style of football has been terrible.

I would be surprised if he went this side of Christmas, but the next few results might force Levy's hand

As you boys know, football is a fickle game.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 27, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »

Bale's 10 goals from outside the box really covered for Tottenham's weaknesses as well last year imo. Without those goals they'd have finished 7th not 5th. This season they've replaced quality with quantity and the results are unsurprising. As I saw on Twitter, it's like the sold an iPhone 5 and bought a torch, a Walkman, a digital camera, a diary and a Nokia 3210 with the proceeds.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 27, 2013, 08:29:50 AM »

Bale's 10 goals from outside the box really covered for Tottenham's weaknesses as well last year imo. Without those goals they'd have finished 7th not 5th. This season they've replaced quality with quantity and the results are unsurprising. As I saw on Twitter, it's like the sold an iPhone 5 and bought a torch, a Walkman, a digital camera, a diary and a Nokia 3210 with the proceeds.

I suppose with Bale's injury issues, that metaphor works quite well.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 28, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »

I think ITv highlighted a point about Arsenal being light, do you think Arsenal will buy again in January & is there still money available after the Ozil purchase? Do seem to be very short up front & whatever happened to Podloski?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 28, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »

I think ITv highlighted a point about Arsenal being light, do you think Arsenal will buy again in January & is there still money available after the Ozil purchase? Do seem to be very short up front & whaver happened to Podloski?

TBH, it doesn't take ITV to highlight that. My main gripe with Wenger was not his ability as a coach, it was as because he refused to spend. We may crawl through to Jan in a great position, but then he needs to shore up the attack.

Lets put cards on the table, Giroud and Ramsey have been a revelation, and if they hadn't suddenly turned their games around, with very little signs of it happening, based on last season, we would be mid table now.

Wenger still needs to buy in January, or at some point Nicky Entrance Door will be getting a decent run, unless he is inside......

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 28, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »

Some people had Giroud and Ramsey in their FF teams from the start of the season. 

Having said that I'm fairly sure/hopeful that we'll buy a striker in January.

Podolski's been out with a serious hamstring injury for three months but is almost ready to return.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 28, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »

Some people might suggest even a blind squirrel etc....... Wink

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 28, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »

Do you not think much is needed to happen in the defence too? think you need a bit of strengthening at the back too
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: