blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:18:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605246 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »

tbf, we played the best team in the world yesterday and were pretty competitive and unlucky in spots. Agree it feels a bit deja vuey though

Not buying a top class striker and, I assume, picking Ozil as pen taker are management decisions that don't look very good - whatever his other manifest strengths are.

sola virtus nobilitat
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2014, 09:33:14 AM »

Simeone is an excellent coach and a super manager but i can guarantee you the Arsenal fans would have a rude awakening with the style of football

Very direct very high tempo and aggressive. Nothing wrong with that of course but the complete opposite to Wenger.

Re Draxler Tal fee was massive for what he has done in the game so far been average this season certainly a good player but not in Ozil bracket yet
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »

I was always happier in the Graham days of 1-0 to the Arsenal.

A rude awakening would be the day after we win a trophy, and I actually have a hangover for the right reason for a change mate!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 20, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »

tbf, we played the best team in the world yesterday and were pretty competitive and unlucky in spots. Agree it feels a bit deja vuey though

Not buying a top class striker and, I assume, picking Ozil as pen taker are management decisions that don't look very good - whatever his other manifest strengths are.

Ozil is our 3rd choice penalty taker behind Arteta and Giroud, neither of whom were on the pitch last night.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »

Ozil is our 3rd choice penalty taker behind Arteta and Giroud, neither of whom were on the pitch last night.

Fk knows how the 4th and 5th place choices take their pens - try to head them in :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 20, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »

Starting to look terribly familiar isn't it.

Our lack of depth, because Wenger wont spend, is catching up with us and was woefully highlighted again last night, when he can't even play our ONLY recognised striker(I refuse to call Bendtner a player).

He blames the fans because some say we play Giroud every game and he needs a break....yes, but vs Hull, or Norwich, not bloody Bayern Munich.

What is wrong with the man?

Its almost like he doesnt want us to win.

Really, come on guys, even the die hard Wenger Boys like Ralph and Tikay must see this isn't right?

It occurs to me, Wenger won't spend because at the end of every season, although we haven't won everything, by not spending he can point to the fact we are still profitable, to make up for his inadequacy.

Then he claims he didnt see the Szczęsny gesture after the sending off.

Deja Vu chaps?

NO matter what he says now, Giroud must have been dropped as punishment for the stories in the press during the last week.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2014, 12:16:48 PM »

I am not sure you can balme Wenger for Ozil taking the penalty like that! Arteta, Giroud, Rosicky all not playing and would all take ahead of him?

Fact is, if he scores the game is completely different

Once its ten men for 60 minutes there is only ever one result against one of the best European teams for decades...

Short of the very strange decision not to buy another striker (for ages), I am a bit of a Wenger apologist I must admit. Massively going in the right direction with a young squad and squillions in the bank, a stadium almost paid for etcetc

If ever football funding collapsed, and TV deal values fell, Arsenal would clean up for an extended period, too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »

A few "ifs" in there Tighty, which is the very nature of being an Arsenal fan these last few years.

I agree, if he scores its a different game.

If Wenger spent money on much needed strikers would we be a better team?

If we could get points off the top teams in the League, would we be champions?

If Wenger told the truth, would he see a lot more?

If we hadn't built a new stadium would we be champions by now(always made me laugh...it wasn't like Wenger and his team had to turn up for a shift at the Emirates with their hods and trowels ffs)?

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2014, 02:43:14 PM »

How different were Messi's and Ozil's penalty?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »

How different were Messi's and Ozil's penalty?

And was Robben's foot not high enough for that rule? Did the keeper need to make sure he smashed his head on the boot for it to be awarded?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 20, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »

Red card was ridiculous like, the ball,was going away from goal.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 21, 2014, 01:01:17 PM »

Wenger spends for the first time in years with serious intention. The club is performing well above expectation in the league and in line with expectation in Europe.

Last year there were calls for Laudrup. I mean seriously.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 21, 2014, 01:05:28 PM »

Wenger spends for the first time in years with serious intention. The club is performing well above expectation in the league and in line with expectation in Europe.

Last year there were calls for Laudrup. I mean seriously.

Not an Arsenal fan are you?

Enough said

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 21, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »

He's right though

Some wrinkles in transfer strategy aside, definitely right.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 21, 2014, 01:47:35 PM »

I wonder if the Ozil signing was just to appease tbh. We the amount of money in our Cash reserves, I have to doubt that he has serious intention, or he would have spent some.

For about the hundredth time, as a footballing genius you cant look at a front line strike force of Giroud and/or Bendtner and not think you are seriously going to maintain a season long challenge for titles and cups, can you?

As for exceed expectation. Who's expectation, and with what?

My expectation is that if he doesn't spend we cant progress. This team of youngsters he has been grooming for years, and the "reason" he hasn't needed to spend are all now mid twenties and we are still no nearer to winning anything.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: