blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 603974 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: May 23, 2018, 11:40:24 PM »

Glad you've got this PSG guy. Arteta is highly regarded at City and I'm pleased he stays and continues to work under Pep.

What do you Gooners think of the appointment? Seems one of the best available options on the market.

Personally, as a number one fan, die hard gooner, so long as the manager isn't Mourinho, Allardyce, Rogers or Pardew  i couldn't give a monkey's who the manager is. I'd like us to move to the Chelsea model of a new coach every year or two. I would have liked to see Benitez appointed tbf, got a real soft spot for him ever since his famous FACT ! rant.

Can't beat a good ole FACT rant.

I wonder what M3Boy is up to these days.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: May 29, 2018, 08:23:20 AM »

Can we change the title thread now please Smiley.

Personally, I am very pleased we have Emery, and looking forward to next season for the first time in years.

I am surprised other fans haven't seized on Dick Emery, the comedian from back in the day to troll gooners, but I guess you have to be of a certain age!

Glad we dodged a bullet in Arteta. He is not liked in the dressing room, and more importantly, he is too Wenger like. We need someone to give the snowflakes like Bellerin and Ramsey a good old kick up the backside.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: May 29, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »

What is making you look forward to next season so much? Arsenal aren't exactly getting linked with the top end players that they need to improve/challenge.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: May 29, 2018, 08:49:40 AM »

You think Emery is a shouter then Ace?

Could not be more wrong he will put the arm round players even more than Wenger not that is a bad thing
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: May 29, 2018, 08:55:50 AM »

What is making you look forward to next season so much? Arsenal aren't exactly getting linked with the top end players that they need to improve/challenge.

Because its a new dawn, we have a manager that will motivate the players in a different way. The players that embrace his passion off the pitch will flourish, those that want an easy life won't.

Why do other fans think you have to spend an absolute fortune to put a decent side together? I've seen enough of Sokratis at Dortmund to know he can only improve our defence, a snip at £16m if you ask me. Apparently, the deal will be concluded this week.

If we can shore up at the back, then going forward we have a front line that offers great potential. I am not going to make any predictions or expect to break the top 4 next season, but to a lot of Gooners having a side that doesn't give in easily is good enough for a start. This is a long-term project.
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: May 29, 2018, 09:06:34 AM »

Could not be more wrong he will put the arm round players even more than Wenger not that is a bad thing

Yeah, Emery is a shouter, just look at some Youtube footage of him at Sevilla.

He isn't anywhere near as passive as Wenger. We need someone barking orders from the touchline, showing a bit of passion and not letting players get away with substandard performances. 
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: May 29, 2018, 10:23:00 AM »

I give it until the first disappointing 2-1 defeat in early September but seemingly the whole fanbase is looking forward to the new season and what is to come
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: May 29, 2018, 10:27:09 AM »

Think we need a ruling on the number of "sad" in the thread title from the likes of Uncle Ralph & Lord Adzy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: May 29, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »

I give it until the first disappointing 2-1 defeat in early September but seemingly the whole fanbase is looking forward to the new season and what is to come

I'm not. £50m to spend for the new manager when we need a whole squad overhaul? Smells like top 6, a cup run (and a profit) again.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: May 29, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »

I'm not. £50m to spend for the new manager when we need a whole squad overhaul? Smells like top 6, a cup run (and a profit) again.

I'm not exactly sure where the £50M "war-chest" story came from and it seems it's been repeated so many times now that people are treating it as gospel.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: May 29, 2018, 04:22:19 PM »

I'm not exactly sure where the £50M "war-chest" story came from and it seems it's been repeated so many times now that people are treating it as gospel.

It’s £70m, get rid of Xhaka and Mustafi and we have over £100m at our disposal. You don’t have to spend £75m to get a decent defender or a half decent CDM. This is all work in progress no Arsenal fan thinks we will be competitive straight away. I think the spuds should be more worried personally, with the shackles of paying for a £1bn stadium and the likes of Real Madrid looking for replacements for Bale and Ronaldo.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: May 29, 2018, 05:17:39 PM »

+ you guys have spent chunks recently right? You can treat Miki as 30m signing, Auba, Laca huge huge sizings, 75m on d/cdm v reasonable

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: May 31, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »

Following the news from the Bernabéu this morning...

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: July 02, 2018, 05:35:04 PM »

Arsenal FC officially signed Soccer Tits today.

Cos needs to be made aware.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: July 02, 2018, 05:42:14 PM »

Yeah, Emery is a shouter, just look at some Youtube footage of him at Sevilla.

He isn't anywhere near as passive as Wenger. We need someone barking orders from the touchline, showing a bit of passion and not letting players get away with substandard performances. 

Missed this at the time

With respect Youtube is not the best guide , just because he will get animated at times on the sideline means nothing most managers/coaches do. Faux shouting achieves very little anyway.

Have a look at how he took Banega under his wing at Sevilla one of many examples.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: