blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:38:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 603452 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: September 21, 2018, 10:38:54 AM »

With the departure of Sir Lord Wenger, the Media spotlight seems to have turned away from Arsenal, but quietly quietly this Emery fella seems to be making solid progress. They did not beat much last night, but they are stringing results together. This Aubeyamang fella seems to be the real deal, too, almost a goal a game.

If this continues, might just have to drop one of those "sad"s from the thread title. 

I'm making a rare pilgrimage to the arse to see us thrash Liverpool in November. When we do I think we can celebrate with a sad removal

sola virtus nobilitat
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: September 22, 2018, 12:56:57 AM »

With the departure of Sir Lord Wenger, the Media spotlight seems to have turned away from Arsenal, but quietly quietly this Emery fella seems to be making solid progress. They did not beat much last night, but they are stringing results together. This Aubeyamang fella seems to be the real deal, too, almost a goal a game.

If this continues, might just have to drop one of those "sad"s from the thread title. 

I got round to reading "Football Leaks - uncovering the dirty deals behind the beautiful game".
Aubamayeng is on a £10.3million basic and  a guaranteed loyalty bonus of £15.15 million split into 4 instalments  to be paid before the end of his contract in June 21.
Different add-ons as well including £50k for every match he starts and Arsenal win and £300,000 for 25 goals and assists in a season.

Arsenal paid €63.75 million for him. With a fee like that I'm surprised his contract was only 3.5 years particularly bearing in mind his age.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: September 22, 2018, 08:38:39 AM »

I got round to reading "Football Leaks - uncovering the dirty deals behind the beautiful game".
Aubamayeng is on a £10.3million basic and  a guaranteed loyalty bonus of £15.15 million split into 4 instalments  to be paid before the end of his contract in June 21.
Different add-ons as well including £50k for every match he starts and Arsenal win and £300,000 for 25 goals and assists in a season.

Arsenal paid €63.75 million for him. With a fee like that I'm surprised his contract was only 3.5 years particularly bearing in mind his age.

Blimey, the money these guys earn gets more obscene by the day.

If Mr Football Leaks is correct - if - it does at last help explain why Aubameyang always looks so happy. Think most of us would smile more often on that kind of dosh.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: September 22, 2018, 06:10:15 PM »

£15m loyalty bonus on a 3.5 year contract?

I remember when Arsenal fans used to take the piss out of us for our wages Smiley

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: September 23, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

Cech's goalkeeping has been flawless so far this season - today was an absolute masterclass - totally undroppable in this kind of form.

His kicking was a lot more assured today too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: September 23, 2018, 07:07:27 PM »

Cech's goalkeeping has been flawless so far this season - today was an absolute masterclass - totally undroppable in this kind of form.

You obviously watched a bunch of different games to the rest of us. You must have a Playstation.......

Yes, better today, but the fact you have put his kicking was more assured proves he hasn't been flawless.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: September 23, 2018, 07:09:44 PM »

You obviously watched a bunch of different games to the rest of us. You must have a Playstation.......

Yes, better today, but the fact you have put his kicking was more assured proves he hasn't been flawless.

Not seen any action from today but I assumed he was being tongue in cheek.....was he being serious?!

Flawless? He looked far from flawless against us on the opening day.

Best Bitter.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: September 23, 2018, 07:15:30 PM »

Not seen any action from today but I assumed he was being tongue in cheek.....was he being serious?!

Just read the entire thread and you will see that we often watch different games to Ralph Grin

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: September 23, 2018, 07:38:02 PM »

I choose to treat his 'keeping and his new kicking duties as seperate departments.

There's really no need to try and pick me up on trivialities Adz - I'm always happy to debate like a grown-up provided the arguments are civil and polite.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: September 23, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »

Impressed with Xhaka today covered a load of ground and very solid
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: September 23, 2018, 07:41:23 PM »

He could possibly have done better on one of the goals against your lot but he did appear to be unsighted.

Other than that he has been fantastic.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: September 23, 2018, 07:43:34 PM »

I fancy Watford's pressing game to give Arsenal's backline + Cech a lot of problems next week.  Might not be enough but puts us in with a shout.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: September 23, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »

Impressed with Xhaka today covered a load of ground and very solid

I think Torreira makes life a lot easier for Xhakha than any of our other midfielders.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: September 23, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »

He could possibly have done better on one of the goals against your lot but he did appear to be unsighted.

What about the one he almost passed into his own net?

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: September 23, 2018, 09:09:06 PM »

What about the one he almost passed into his own net?

Mustafi put him under pressure by passing it to his right foot, but thank you for helping me illustrate the point that all of the attention has been on his new kicking duties.

His shot-stopping, handling, and domination of his penalty area from crosses have been as good as any 'keeper in the league in my estimation.

I'm sure someone could come up with a load of Xe spreadsheets to either prove me correct or not so much.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: