blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604312 times)
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #3900 on: August 09, 2019, 05:42:34 PM »

Yeah agree Ralph it’s very much the exception, no idea how Arsenal are financing it just that Celtic are getting the payment in a single payment.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: August 09, 2019, 06:42:25 PM »

In this day and age a £25m transfer isn't quite as large as it once sounded, so I can imagine some scenarios where the selling club might demand the full whack up front and the buying club are happy to oblige to get the transfer through. If this is the case with Celtic I've no idea but it doesn't sound beyond the realms of possibility.

Our deal for Rodri is an interesting one. Initial reports were suggesting that we were going to pay a few million over the release clause in order to structure the transfer with instalments, reason being that activated release clauses have to be paid in full at the time of transfer (apparently). Again, no idea how the this deal panned out other than Rodri is our new highest transfer. I'd imagine we managed to negotiate something with Atletico Madrid to suit both parties.

The Amazon doc All or Nothing showcased a scene with City's top bosses discussing VVD and how they were baulking at paying £75m for him, then next scene getting a private jet over to Bilbao to negotiate the tranfer of Laporte for £57m. Was interesting to get a little insight into the thoughts and processes of how these massive transfers succeed or fail.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: August 09, 2019, 08:52:48 PM »

Weird goings on here - clearly something about their carjacking story in Golders Green seems not to be kosher:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49299414

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: August 11, 2019, 07:39:00 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49309280

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: August 11, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »

Still not sure why Kolasinac is not in the squad  today.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: August 11, 2019, 05:46:41 PM »

Calum Chambers was excellent in CD today.

He looked as assured as he did in pre-season and never let Pete Linton's giant Brazilian cousin get the better of him.#Joelinton

UTG

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: August 11, 2019, 05:51:08 PM »

There was an article on SL (I think), that said there had been another security issue with them both, so neither in the squad for the match.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: August 11, 2019, 06:02:31 PM »

There was an article on SL (I think), that said there had been another security issue with them both, so neither in the squad for the match.

Aparently Ozil hired some East European mobsters to give him protection and the mobsters who tried to rob him took exception to that as they reckon they are bigger mobsters than the ones he hired, so they are now out for revenge due to the perceived insult of being lesser mobsters and have threatened to rob the footballers of "everything they own".

One North London gang family name does spring to mind but I wouldn't have thought robbing footie-players was their bag..

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: August 11, 2019, 06:41:24 PM »

Aparently Ozil hired some East European mobsters to give him protection and the mobsters who tried to rob him took exception to that as they reckon they are bigger mobsters than the ones he hired, so they are now out for revenge due to the perceived insult of being lesser mobsters and have threatened to rob the footballers of "everything they own".

One North London gang family name does spring to mind but I wouldn't have thought robbing footie-players was their bag..

You have the inside line on London Gangs now too!!

The man to know, indeed.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: August 11, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

You have the inside line on London Gangs now too!!

The man to know, indeed.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: August 11, 2019, 06:56:56 PM »

That was my first thought when I saw Ralph's post Cheesy

Tibbs are another mob, but are they from East, though?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:58:42 PM by Marky147 » Logged

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: August 11, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »

Thought Arsenal looked terrible today.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: August 11, 2019, 07:17:06 PM »

Not the most enjoyable watch I'll grant you but I was happy to see us grind out an away win with a clean-sheet.

We have many players out/not match-fit and had three acadamy players who started - remind me how many your lot had?

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: August 11, 2019, 07:37:22 PM »

Not the most enjoyable watch I'll grant you but I was happy to see us grind out an away win with a clean-sheet.

We have many players out/not match-fit and had three acadamy players who started - remind me how many your lot had?

Are you really going down that route? Like it means anything.

Granted its the first game, teams aren't match fit and have players out etc but you looked pretty terrible against what is a poor Newcastle side.
A decent team would have destroyed you today. Amount of times you gave the ball away in your half was incred, just fortunate Newcastle didn't possess the quality to punish those errors.
Many others will.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: August 13, 2019, 11:51:01 AM »

Swiss Ramble

Earlier this year it was widely reported that Arsenal would only have a £45m transfer budget this summer, after failing to qualify for the Champions League, but the club has actually splashed out well over £100m. This thread explains how this was possible

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1161168659861127169?s=20

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: