blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 603430 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »

As I said yesterday.... the man is deluded....a few wins in Japan and he thinks we are world beaters.........way past his sell by date IMO.

"We are ready to do quick deals but all the transfers do not depend only on us," said Wenger, quoted in the Daily Mirror. "But we are prepared to wait. It looks unlikely before the Emirates Cup.

"We still have a strong squad but we are there on the market to try to strengthen our team. With or without additions we can be title challengers next season."

Signing Suarez before the end of Aug makes no sense. It's a higher price, wages for an extra month and he's banned until 2140 anyway.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »

LOL..

Good call

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »

Who'd be a football manager, & since when was spending money any guarantee of success?

Mr W has, by any reasonable standards, done a wonderful job, especially - MOST especially - with keeping his spending at sensible levels, & keeping some wool on Arsenal's back. Very satisfying to see they are paying for their new Stadium at a rapid rate, too.  Man C, Liverpool, Chelsea etc are losing absolute fortunes & running up monster debts, & much of my affection for Arsenal comes from their financial prudency. I love to see businesses run properly. I'd much rather see them with no trophies, but financially sound, than pissing money away.

I really don't think we should be calling distinguished individuals like AW "morons" personally, either. Guess it's an age thing, but to me, it seems so rude. I get called exactly that, daily, next door, & I loathe it with a passion. Those that say it have never seen the inside of an Online gaming site, just as most of us have never managed a Football Club.

Do we all really know better than the professionals like AW?

It could be argued that he has failed, or is bad at his job. That does not make him a moron, though.

I'm not being personal here Adzy, or digging you out as such, but that's just not the way to talk about fundamentally decent people, is it?

Sorry if this offends, that is not the intention, but the modern practice of being so rude when we are online sits badly with me.

Peace. Wink

great post. QFT
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

Sorry i'm 45

What does QFT mean?

SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2013, 01:38:05 PM »

No offence taken.

Probably wrong expletive used. **** is probably more apt.......I jest Grin.

No, I accept, its rather childish calling someone names on here.

I did however feel the need to let off some steam after listening to the usual rubbish in the car.

Mr Wenger seems to being living very much off past glories, and , as the years go past, I fear, his initial success, may have been the benefit of other peoples excellent ground work before him, and a few lucky signings(lets be honest his signings over the last 6/7 years have been nothing short of inept)

We(Arsenal) are now in a wonderful financial position, but my fear is that if the club keep taking the fans money and giving nothing back by way of true ambition, reflected by signings, in a few years we shall be a mediocre mid table team, and unable to fill our large stadium, as the more fickle fans have drifted away. Then Mr Wenger may not be deemed so financially adept as the coffers are not so full and we are a forgotten giant.

So rant over.

Also, didnt really expect anyone, bar Ralph to read it.... Shocked

I dont even know where to start! A few lucky signings? He has made plenty of good signings over the last 6-7 years, and has been completely hamstrung by stadium repayments, poor sponsorship deals etc. etc. We are now finally in a position to spend big and try to compete

We have bid 40m for Suarez.... 40 MILLION! Our transer record is 15m - does that not show some ambition?

I would have preferred us to get our business done quickly, and bought in Higuain for 30m but it turns out Real Madrid are a complete bunch of ****s. Who knew it huh! But we are definitely showing ambition with our bid for the racist cannibal guy

His latest comments are just typical Wenger, and yes it does worry me too as we have been here and heard it all before. But he has always been like this, and never gives anything away

Hi btw... always nice to meet fellow gooners =)
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »

Sorry i'm 45

What does QFT mean?

Quoted For Truth
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »

Hello to you too Sir.

Hindsight is easy, and that is basically what I am saying. You can look it after 8 years and say Wnger is a genius, or look after 8 barren years and question his real ability. Its all about perspective.

All I would say is you list the good signings and I will take the bad ones......I bet I know whose list will be longer.

For all my moaning, no one cheers the team more and paces round the house etc etc, when they play, regardless of who is in charge. In the 90 mins, they have my 100% support.

SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2013, 02:06:47 PM »

Hello to you too Sir.

Hindsight is easy, and that is basically what I am saying. You can look it after 8 years and say Wnger is a genius, or look after 8 barren years and question his real ability. Its all about perspective.

All I would say is you list the good signings and I will take the bad ones......I bet I know whose list will be longer.

For all my moaning, no one cheers the team more and paces round the house etc etc, when they play, regardless of who is in charge. In the 90 mins, they have my 100% support.

Fair enough. And thats a great attitude regarding support, I see (on the rare occasions I get to go!!) far too many fans moaning inside the ground. That 90 mins is all about getting behind the team. Even a Pascal Cygan or an Igor Stepanovs!

Regarding the transfer lists though, I agree with that but at the same time, pretty sure same can be said for almost any manager in the world.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »

He may have his flaws, who doesn't, but I can't see any way you could possibly question his signings, you've bought so many players for ridiculously low amounts that have went onto be World Class.

How many clubs in the World wouldn't swap there manager for Arsene Wenger ?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »

Hundreds of thousands probably....

That's not in question. I have no doubt if he bought we would be a MAJOR force to be reckoned with, but he acts like we are a bankrupt club and counting the pennies.

I dont argue he has bought some pearlers, but let us not forget moves like selling Van Persie one year because we dont want to pay the wages, then the following year offering £40mill for questionably, his equal, hardly strikes me as good business, and thats just for starters.

Just look at the transfers out so far this close season

Andrey Arshavin (released)

Francis Coquelin (loan)

Denilson (released)

Johan Djourou (loan)

Craig Eastmond (released)

Vito Mannone (undisc.)

Andre Santos (free)

Sebastien Squillaci (released)

Sanchez Watt

I hate to think how much that lot cost and all were pretty pathetic...and as of yet in the transfers in, we have a freebie....

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2013, 02:25:59 PM »

I dont argue he has bought some pearlers, but let us not forget moves like selling Van Persie one year because we dont want to pay the wages, then the following year offering £40mill for questionably, his equal, hardly strikes me as good business, and thats just for starters.

Didn't RVP have one year left on his contract? Suarez has three. They're not even remotely worth the same as assets.

Plus RVP wanted to go. That's the key. Just as Suarez wants to join you. Lumping both transfers on Wenger/Arsenal is harsh IMO. They're dealing with depreciating assets. Correctly IMO.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »

I have never and will ever understand the hate for Wenger.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2013, 02:46:01 PM »

Understand your point, but assets to who?

Van P, could have/would have stayed if we showed more ambition, the sort of ambition bourne out by big money offers. He could have stayed an asset if we had paid him a fraction of the £40 mill we offered for Suarez. Suarez, is an asset to Liverpool.

Are you saying you think Suarez is worth more than Van P, like for like?

The above is a minor point. My real argument is about the long list of other players you didn't mention, and they are only the sales from close season.

Either way, We shall finish above your mob with or without.  Wink

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »

I have never and will ever understand the hate for Wenger.

You obviously have a very closed mind when you read my post then.

Its very simple, the man may have done great things, but he isn't at the moment. I don't hate him. I don't know the bloke. But I don't think he is doing his job well at the moment. Do you? Do you really think he is doing a good job?

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2013, 03:11:18 PM »

Understand your point, but assets to who?

Van P, could have/would have stayed if we showed more ambition, the sort of ambition bourne out by big money offers. He could have stayed an asset if we had paid him a fraction of the £40 mill we offered for Suarez. Suarez, is an asset to Liverpool.

Are you saying you think Suarez is worth more than Van P, like for like?

The above is a minor point. My real argument is about the long list of other players you didn't mention, and they are only the sales from close season.

Either way, We shall finish above your mob with or without.  Wink

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I take RVP in a heartbeat. But it's not like for like.

But I think 24m for RVP with 1 year left is expensive for Utd and 40m for 3 years left for Suarez is cheap for Arsenal.

All in all good business if it comes off. We've not even talked about their ages or injury records.

It seems despite the board's bluster only now are Arsenal really armed with a truly disposable income. Judge Wenger over the next few years IMO.

They're more likely to go the way of Bayern than any English club. It's taken some pain but in the long game Arsenal will win.

Oh and you're probably right. Don't mind losing Suarez but pls not to you. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:13:57 PM by The Baron » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: