blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605172 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »

Cabaye is awful.

You're welcome to him.

Id snap 10m of faster than I could say threeonetovilla. Ut I. This market we should prob aim or higher

Yohan Cabaye: Despite making only 26 PL apps last season, Cabaye created at least 19 more chances (53) than any other Newcastle player

That was definitely not a good thing.

We had cheik tiote and Jonas Gutierrez as te other midfielders lol

Also the fact he tries a hero world cup pass killer ball EVERY time probably has something to do with it.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »

He is in no way an "awful player"

Didnt think he had a good season but in any market he is worth 14-18 million

in my opinion
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »

in my opinion

I play exactly the same position as him an watched very game last war really closely.

- he is very dirty, picks up a lot of bookings and gives away needless fouls in dangerous areas
- he can't header
- he tries too hard to do world cup passes
- he argues with the referee and lets it effect his game way too much
- he doesn't score enough goals
/ his set pieces don't beat the first man (we haven't scored off a corner for 2 years)
- he can't tackle
- he isn't fast over short distances
- he has very poor fitness an can't go for 90 minutes

Way way way overrated.

Purely my opinion ofc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2013, 06:38:38 PM »

He isn't awful but is way overrated for sure, would snap sell for 15m+, 10 is probs right.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2013, 06:43:11 PM »

in my opinion

I rate him about the same ~£15M in today's market but not really an improvement on what we have already, however if the Ox is going to be out for most of the season we may have to lower our aspirations and he would be a decent quick fix.

Hardly the marquee signing to set the pulse racing though.

@Tighty We obviously need a CD or two and we must be on the verge of signing one at least as Arsene hasn't lost his marbles overnight but I think you may be under-rating Koscielny who is pure class imo.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2013, 06:51:06 PM »

Thanks Tony, did you read it?

Think I love that boy, I agree with so much of that. It is not limited to Arsenal, of course, but the misplaced sense of entitlement many fans have is extraordinary. If I am on the Board of a Football Club, I can assure you that no fan will tell me how to spend my money, or when to sack my Manager. The Manager has to please one set of people only - the Board. That's it. It also amazes me that folks think spending money willy nilly is the panacea for all ills. History shows it is not. We live in a weird world where folks insist other people spend money.

Following the game, the web exploded with reactive videos, tweets, and blogs whose main theme was that as supporters of the club they were entitled to new signings and deserved more than Arsene was doing at the moment.

Let me tell you now that you are not entitled to anything, even if you believe your season ticket purchase means you’re some kind of super fan whose opinion is more valid than others. No one is forcing you to buy tickets, replica kits, or even to support Arsenal – and if you’re going to the stadium to boo anyone, whether an Arsenal player or the manager, during the match, you shouldn’t even call yourself a supporter. You are a pathetic nuisance whose negativity is not needed or wanted by the team.

You are allowed to have expectations if you are buying a product. If I buy a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t vacuum, I will kick up a fuss of course. But a ticket is not a product – it is a temporary seat reservation through which you can watch two teams play a match of football. A ticket does not entitle you to any expectations other than that. You are NOT being promised new signings, wins, or anything other than a 90-minute match of football.

So when you say that you “deserve” new signings, that you are “entitled” to see the club “spend some fucking money” – it appears you’re overreaching your influence just a teensy little bit. And by teensy little bit I mean something like the distance between Earth and the newly-relegated non-planet Pluto, because unless Wenger and the board are personally entering your home, logging on to your computer, and using your credit card to buy Arsenal tickets, kits or memorabilia, then they don’t owe YOU anything.

This seems really harsh towards the fans.

Having now read the blog that this came from, I feel even stronger about it being harsh on the fans.

Firstly, here is a guy that lives in Australia. What does he contribute to Arsenal as a club? I'm gonna stick my neck out and say, not a lot! He talks about fans thinking they are entitled to the club spending money, and that they aren't. Well if thats the case, why is he entitled to give that opinion? In my opinion, they are more entitled to complain about the board than he is to complain about them.

I know people that do all they can to go to games to support their team, I know people that have sold things just to be able to get to see their team. I've even heard of people that have taken loans out to fund a season ticket. Because they love their team. You can argue that they probably shouldn't do that. But they do.

Therefore when a club doesn't invest in the team as they probably should, I think it's only fair the supporters have a right to voice their anger at the board and the manager.

Put your chubby-fingered hand on that heart of gold you undoubtedly possess, & answer me one question honestly.

Do you really think you or any other amateur football supporter knows one hundredth as much as about football as the Managers of, say, Celtic or Arsenal?

It's fine & dandy to have opinions, we all have them. But we'd be the deluded ones - not them - if we thought we knew more than experienced Football Managers.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2013, 06:53:04 PM »

Think I love that boy, I agree with so much of that. It is not limited to Arsenal, of course, but the misplaced sense of entitlement many fans have is extraordinary. If I am on the Board of a Football Club, I can assure you that no fan will tell me how to spend my money, or when to sack my Manager. The Manager has to please one set of people only - the Board. That's it. It also amazes me that folks think spending money willy nilly is the panacea for all ills. History shows it is not. We live in a weird world where folks insist other people spend money.

Following the game, the web exploded with reactive videos, tweets, and blogs whose main theme was that as supporters of the club they were entitled to new signings and deserved more than Arsene was doing at the moment.

Let me tell you now that you are not entitled to anything, even if you believe your season ticket purchase means you’re some kind of super fan whose opinion is more valid than others. No one is forcing you to buy tickets, replica kits, or even to support Arsenal – and if you’re going to the stadium to boo anyone, whether an Arsenal player or the manager, during the match, you shouldn’t even call yourself a supporter. You are a pathetic nuisance whose negativity is not needed or wanted by the team.

You are allowed to have expectations if you are buying a product. If I buy a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t vacuum, I will kick up a fuss of course. But a ticket is not a product – it is a temporary seat reservation through which you can watch two teams play a match of football. A ticket does not entitle you to any expectations other than that. You are NOT being promised new signings, wins, or anything other than a 90-minute match of football.

So when you say that you “deserve” new signings, that you are “entitled” to see the club “spend some fucking money” – it appears you’re overreaching your influence just a teensy little bit. And by teensy little bit I mean something like the distance between Earth and the newly-relegated non-planet Pluto, because unless Wenger and the board are personally entering your home, logging on to your computer, and using your credit card to buy Arsenal tickets, kits or memorabilia, then they don’t owe YOU anything.

Having now read the blog that this came from, I feel even stronger about it being harsh on the fans.

Firstly, here is a guy that lives in Australia. What does he contribute to Arsenal as a club? I'm gonna stick my neck out and say, not a lot! He talks about fans thinking they are entitled to the club spending money, and that they aren't. Well if thats the case, why is he entitled to give that opinion? In my opinion, they are more entitled to complain about the board than he is to complain about them.

I know people that do all they can to go to games to support their team, I know people that have sold things just to be able to get to see their team. I've even heard of people that have taken loans out to fund a season ticket. Because they love their team. You can argue that they probably shouldn't do that. But they do.

Therefore when a club doesn't invest in the team as they probably should, I think it's only fair the supporters have a right to voice their anger at the board and the manager.

Who are you to say that the club doesn't invest in the club as they should?

Should they invest like Leeds did or like Portsmouth did or the many other clubs that will soon be in a similar unenviable position when their debts are called in?

Arsene and Arsenal will invest if a suitable investment is available but not simply to appease a baying pack.

Wasn't specific to Arsenal really. But they are a good example I think, of a club that could have a done a lot more in the transfer market, than they have.

Celtic are another, for years, we have shown a profit, both on and off the field.  transfers out, outweigh are transfers in by some way.

Weren't Leeds and Portsmouth victims of dodgy owners rather than anything else?

Why is "profit" a dirty word?

Profit, & good financial discipline, is where everything starts.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »

Its actually really terrible PR for Arsenal to do this today. If they are interested, do it under the radar! The "buy now" camp will just whine about lack of ambition and the in "arsene we trust camp" will feel obliged to defend him but wholly unsatisfied!

The media guys at Arsenal should be sacked as a minimum after this summer! It has been a total disaster from the  information put our there and results obtained.

As a board they have no reason not to spend. This year has had a massive increase in TV revenues (which everyone knows about). It shows a terrible lack of ambition or just poor guidance from the top IMO. Wenger has been saying "don't worry these kids will see us through for 8 years". And they have done a satisfactory job, but there is no valid reason why they haven't strengthened to date.

Finally buying on the last day of the window is also pretty disastrous, as Liverpool can confirm. Values are rarely "under-priced" and it always smacks of desperation.  

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2013, 06:56:14 PM »

Put your chubby-fingered hand on that heart of gold you undoubtedly possess, & answer me one question honestly.

Do you really think you or any other amateur football supporter knows one hundredth as much as about football as the Managers of, say, Celtic or Arsenal?

It's fine & dandy to have opinions, we all have them. But we'd be the deluded ones - not them - if we thought we knew more than experienced Football Managers.

Fans know best, innit Smiley

my point is, it should be a two way street, fans get frustrated after years of punting money into the club, and no really seeing anything back in return, especially when their competitors are winning everything else around them.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2013, 07:08:47 PM »

Fans know best, innit Smiley

my point is, it should be a two way street, fans get frustrated after years of punting money into the club, and no really seeing anything back in return, especially when their competitors are winning everything else around them.

I'm sure you'd tell supporters what to do if you owned a football club & random supporters - amateurs - not only told you how to spend YOUR money, but abused you at the same time. The vitriol & mocking reflects on the authors, not the victims.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »

I have some sympathy for that Ralph but the scenario where this strategy is likely to be successful looks pretty remote

They are competing for players in a pool with rich clubs already winning things who either don't want to sell to Arsenal (United, notably) or players would rather go to United, City, Chelsea, Germany, Spain etc

We've just been through a global recession where the market for football TV rights has gone up, both domestic and European. So the scenario where Arsenal are well placed...ie a collapse in rights market, where other clubs are in trouble becuase of huge debts and wealthy owners withdrawing from football is unlikely

In the meantime whilst the ambition to get Higuain, Gustavo, Suarez etc is laudable, the failure to go for a Mignolet or a Begovic both of whom would be miles better than any goalkeeper in the squad...or to upgrade on Mertesacker/Koscielny etc just looks remiss

The side can havel the ball playing midfielders it likes, but without upgrading elsewhere then progress beyond 4th in the PL, last 16 in the CL looks unlikely

Big +1 to all of this. What you forget Ralph is that the good buys are coming and going while Wenger makes the club look stupid by putting in insulting bids for for players, we shouldn't even be associated with. Sit on your hands Wenger, but don't rub it in by bidding on unworthy players please....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2013, 07:27:14 PM »

I have some sympathy for that Ralph but the scenario where this strategy is likely to be successful looks pretty remote

They are competing for players in a pool with rich clubs already winning things who either don't want to sell to Arsenal (United, notably) or players would rather go to United, City, Chelsea, Germany, Spain etc

We've just been through a global recession where the market for football TV rights has gone up, both domestic and European. So the scenario where Arsenal are well placed...ie a collapse in rights market, where other clubs are in trouble becuase of huge debts and wealthy owners withdrawing from football is unlikely

In the meantime whilst the ambition to get Higuain, Gustavo, Suarez etc is laudable, the failure to go for a Mignolet or a Begovic both of whom would be miles better than any goalkeeper in the squad...or to upgrade on Mertesacker/Koscielny etc just looks remiss

The side can havel the ball playing midfielders it likes, but without upgrading elsewhere then progress beyond 4th in the PL, last 16 in the CL looks unlikely

Big +1 to all of this. What you forget Ralph is that the good buys are coming and going while Wenger makes the club look stupid by putting in insulting bids for for players, we shouldn't even be associated with. Sit on your hands Wenger, but don't rub it in by bidding on unworthy players please....

A couple of years ago liverpoo fans were smirking at the "good business" that King Kenny had done for them in the transfer window for the upcoming season.

The "good buys" will reveal themselves in due course.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2013, 08:24:34 PM »

I think arsenal are struggling hugely in depth. I watched the highlights at the weekend and although they were quite unlucky with the penaltys there squad just isint strong enough.

They have Montreal and Gibbs out injured sagna isint great IMO nor is Ramsey, giroud is a poacher striker but no real pace, and gervinho doesn't have what it takes to make the starting 11 week in week out IMO.

Ever since Viera, pires, fabregas and Henry & bergkamp left they have lost there depth in squad.

Wenger has been really clever in that he's not got into huge debt with the stadium costs etc but now arsenal are in a better financial position, at least 3/4 new faces need to be bought in. Althought they will probably not click straight away, I think within the next 12 months they would become premiership champion contenders.

Would love Rooney to join, but think hand on heart he will stay with United. Getting him would be great for the club and Rooney as he would become the 'main man' which deep down I think that's what he wants, even tho last time he said he wanted to quit was cos united wouldn't buy any decent players lol 😕

I'd love to see a real 'dog spirited' midfielder back in there side someone like schweinsteiger. Think also a good attacking midfielder like Juan Mata & a bulldog defender.

At least make some attempts to sign 3/4 decent players that will help strengthen the squad and add more depth.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »

Gervinho was sold last week.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »

I'd love to see a real 'dog spirited' midfielder back in there side someone like schweinsteiger. Think also a good attacking midfielder like Juan Mata & a bulldog defender.

At least make some attempts to sign 3/4 decent players that will help strengthen the squad and add more depth.

but thats the problem Nutty, how do you get a Schweinsteiger out of Bayern, a Mata out of Chelsea, a Rooney out of United?

You don't.

Arsenal are in the opposite of a sweet spot. Squad is good enough that adding Cabaye or £10m equivalents makes no difference yet getting the £25-30m buys is not feasible given everyone else either a) has them under contract or b) is competing for the same player pool

A team like Spurs can transform a midfield with Paulinho, Capoue potentially Willan etc because the core talent there is weaker than Arsenal's (though far closer than it was). Spurs will get to the Arsenal point of the "anti sweet spot" in 18 months or so, whereas at the moment they can still strengthen

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: