blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:47:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 603529 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: November 30, 2020, 09:45:16 AM »

Negative goal diff. 14th position. Can barely create a chance. One world class player struggling on the pitch and the other one sitting around at home tweeting. . Taken to reading a book during most games. I know im a fairweather fan and all but farkin ell. The Arteta project is grindjng to a halt. Frightening to think how many Spurs will score next week. Hope the last sentence ages badly but in the meantime, Arteta out.

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: November 30, 2020, 10:36:31 AM »

Negative goal diff. 14th position. Can barely create a chance. One world class player struggling on the pitch and the other one sitting around at home tweeting. . Taken to reading a book during most games. I know im a fairweather fan and all but farkin ell. The Arteta project is grindjng to a halt. Frightening to think how many Spurs will score next week. Hope the last sentence ages badly but in the meantime, Arteta out.

A little unfortunate that Partey, who we broke the bank for in the summer, has been out injured, but the decline has become alarming.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: November 30, 2020, 12:04:13 PM »

A little unfortunate that Partey, who we broke the bank for in the summer, has been out injured, but the decline has become alarming.

True that. Still, very frustrating that the progression we seemed to be making pre Partey has stalled pretty spectacularly

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: November 30, 2020, 12:08:50 PM »

True that. Still, very frustrating that the progression we seemed to be making pre Partey has stalled pretty spectacularly

Isn't some of it due to the number of good teams in the Premier League right now?  The points situation means that barring the bottom 4, it is pretty easy to shoot up and down the table with a couple of wins, or losses, in a row.     

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: November 30, 2020, 06:58:53 PM »

Isn't some of it due to the number of good teams in the Premier League right now?  The points situation means that barring the bottom 4, it is pretty easy to shoot up and down the table with a couple of wins, or losses, in a row.     

I think you have a valid point there as the truism "there are no easy games" has become a fact - certainly for us.

The problem with this Arsenal team is having no real goal-threat apart from Aubamayang who is somewhat in the doldrums, and a lack of creativity.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: November 30, 2020, 07:14:25 PM »

Its a factor and were probably one of 10 or 11 clubs that could finish between around 6th and 16th. Accepting this is our place is not great as hopes and expecfations would be a solid top 6 i think.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: November 30, 2020, 07:35:30 PM »

Its a factor and were probably one of 10 or 11 clubs that could finish between around 6th and 16th. Accepting this is our place is not great as hopes and expecfations would be a solid top 6 i think.

I think it is more than that.  There seems a group of teams that are genuine "top 6" type contenders.  Leicester, Wolves and Everton are likely there already.  Leeds and Southampton are getting closer.  Even Brighton are a tough game now.  In past years you'd be thinking the likes of Brighton could nick a win, but now they are going to outplay you fairly frequently.   I don't think that is all down to you been poor right now.  Just a lot of good managers and players in the league.  It is good for the likes of me who don't support a premier league team, but not so good for those who used to get grumpy when their team finished 4th.

I look at the table and think only Newcastle could drop into the relegation places.  Seems a real stretch for anyone else in the top 16.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: November 30, 2020, 08:52:48 PM »

I think it is more than that.  There seems a group of teams that are genuine "top 6" type contenders.  Leicester, Wolves and Everton are likely there already.  Leeds and Southampton are getting closer.  Even Brighton are a tough game now.  In past years you'd be thinking the likes of Brighton could nick a win, but now they are going to outplay you fairly frequently.   I don't think that is all down to you been poor right now.  Just a lot of good managers and players in the league.  It is good for the likes of me who don't support a premier league team, but not so good for those who used to get grumpy when their team finished 4th.

I look at the table and think only Newcastle could drop into the relegation places.  Seems a real stretch for anyone else in the top 16.

At least Roy Keane thinks we've got enough to stay up..

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: December 01, 2020, 01:15:32 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9005065/Arsenals-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-stopped-running-putting-tackles-new-deal.html

Arsenal have some talent for signing up 'contract year' (to use a US sports term) type players to huge long term deals and always seem to be left with the wrong side of the deal.   Be interesting to see how this plays out now he has his payday secured.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: December 01, 2020, 03:47:00 PM »

Yep yep. I do think all that is about right too. I was thinking the other day though that the standard of most players is so high that its all become a bit dull. More like watching chess than football as an older person would have seen for most of their life.

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: December 02, 2020, 07:00:06 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9005065/Arsenals-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-stopped-running-putting-tackles-new-deal.html

Arsenal have some talent for signing up 'contract year' (to use a US sports term) type players to huge long term deals and always seem to be left with the wrong side of the deal.   Be interesting to see how this plays out now he has his payday secured.

Suggesting that Auba is not giving 100% is just wrong.

When he plays on the left he presses and tackles back as much as anyone - the last couple of games he's played in the middle as a lone-striker.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: April 03, 2021, 09:45:38 PM »

Few more sads need adding one feels.  Arsenal this season are worse than a couple of Pulis's stoke sides points wise.  Truly shocking season given how bad so many of their so called 'rivals' have been this season as well.  How long does the manager have?   Is he bombproof?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 09:53:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: April 03, 2021, 10:02:36 PM »

I hope they give Arteta time, but tonight was a tough watch, & the score could easily have been 5 or 6-0.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: July 02, 2021, 02:55:54 PM »

How many of these guys can you name?

I think I have five

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: July 02, 2021, 04:46:17 PM »

Reasonably confident about 7 of them, find myself looking for players that I think should be there but I can't see them

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: