blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:18:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  such a proud DAD
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: such a proud DAD  (Read 46065 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:02 PM »

Great thread.

Love watching my kids play sport even if they are not always great at it, but its important for them to be getting outside etc in this day and age with all gadgets and tv channels.

On sunday will be watching my daughter play some fun cricket at the women's ashes match at Worcester. Great deal where she gets to play in a mini competition during the break and we get free tickets for the game. Only started playing this season but enjoys it.

Watching her going out to face a under twelve team (she is 10) who had already put one of our team on the way to hospital was a bit scary, but she seemed quite happy. (she was caught out first ball, but at least she went for the shot!)

Trust me, kids get at least as much benefit from losing as they do from winning.

The older I get, the better I was.
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »

Great thread.

Love watching my kids play sport even if they are not always great at it, but its important for them to be getting outside etc in this day and age with all gadgets and tv channels.

On sunday will be watching my daughter play some fun cricket at the women's ashes match at Worcester. Great deal where she gets to play in a mini competition during the break and we get free tickets for the game. Only started playing this season but enjoys it.

Watching her going out to face a under twelve team (she is 10) who had already put one of our team on the way to hospital was a bit scary, but she seemed quite happy. (she was caught out first ball, but at least she went for the shot!)

Trust me, kids get at least as much benefit from losing as they do from winning.

You are completely right and as they get older it means I don't need to let them win when we play games, although maybe starting to do a lap of honour when I won a netball shooting match against my two kids and father in law was a bit OTT.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2015, 08:54:51 PM »

Just......

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »

Hope the holiday was good. Great pic's.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2015, 11:34:31 PM »

Great pics Mr Fish

Ah! The element of surprise
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2015, 10:17:51 AM »

My youngest son achieved 4 A*, 4 A and 1 B in his GCSE exams. You know those kids that can just sail through exams with the minimum of prep and just wing it on natural ability - well he isn't one of those. He worked damn hard to get those results and it was 100% self-driven. He has a work ethic that puts many, including me, to shame.

#prouddad
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2015, 10:20:49 AM »

My youngest son achieved 4 A*, 4 A and 1 B in his GCSE exams. You know those kids that can just sail through exams with the minimum of prep and just wing it on natural ability - well he isn't one of those. He worked damn hard to get those results and it was 100% self-driven. He has a work ethic that puts many, including me, to shame.

#prouddad

Congrats Longines Jr

Ah! The element of surprise
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2015, 02:23:46 PM »

#prouddad

Top work! Hope you have spoilt him now!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2015, 02:44:15 PM »

My Daughter had 7A*S, 2A's and a B. Very proud Dad reporting in.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2015, 03:14:32 PM »

Wow, fantastic results Rubbish!

And yes Bubble, I agreed beforehand that if he did well I'm in for a new iPhone next month.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 21, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »

My Daughter had 7A*S, 2A's and a B. Very proud Dad reporting in.

#prouddad
Great results guys!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2015, 04:39:54 PM »

Brilliant exam results, I can remember when I left school I wasn't bothered about my exam results as I had an apprentice engineering job already promised off a family friend, but I can remember the nervous days waiting for my three sons results and feeling proud of how hard they had worked. Well done both
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 09, 2015, 02:05:37 PM »

My eldest worked really really hard for this, he's made his father a very proud man.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 09, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 09, 2015, 02:18:48 PM »

My 17 year old has Aspergers, and its been A Level year

Not the easiest time for the family, with a few things going on and he always had a lot of challenges at school particularly in non-technical subjects...english, history etc where writing essays was a real problem

Anyway, he took all his A Levels mostly via coursework with dispensation because sitting in exams was so difficult

As we all know A Level results came out in early August. He was away at the time and so didn't go and get them

We expected them to be sent through the post and waited

and waited

eventually i rang up and asked for them to be sent through, only for the school to tell me they didn't send them out, they needed to be picked up in person and not by a parent/friend unless it came with written permission from the student

ok. not as easy as it sounds for us. getting written permission wouldn't be easy

a couple of weeks passed

"have you gone to get your results yet?"

"no"

repeat every few days until i'm told down the phone

"dad, i don't want to go and get them, what if i have failed?"

i told him, quite genuinely, that i didn't care if he failed. whatever happens life goes on and doesn't have to affect what he wants to do with his life. Not important in the big picture but you need to get the results to see what your options are

Yesterday, about a month after the results come out, the phone call comes

"Dad I went to get my results"

Pause

"Chemistry B Physics B IT A"

I pulled myself together long enough to tell him i was proud of him.

He's working on an IT apprenticeship for a scientific labs company on the Millbrook test track complex for now and can come off probation now he's got the results.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: