blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  nigdawg ept monte carlo side events
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nigdawg ept monte carlo side events  (Read 3600 times)
NigDawG

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »

i would like to sell for two side events together @ 1.25 min 1% chunks

26th april €5,200 turbo 6 max
27th april €5,250 standard freezeout

1% = €130.63/£108.86
2% = €261.26/£217.72
5% = €653.13/£544.30

locking in the euro exchange rate at 1.2, any winnings will be paid at whatever rate i get. would prefer stars xfer as payment but bank xfer is ok.

the 27th is also day 2 of the main event so there is a possibility i will not be able to play this event. if this happens i will obv refund for the event but i will also drop the turbo markup to 1.15. it may also be that i bust early day 2 of the main event and can late reg the €5k. you will have to trust my judgement at the time on whether i feel like playing. i will not reg the €5k if i feel tilted.

i expect these fields to be decently big and very fishy. monte carlo attracts people with a lot of money to spend on poker tournaments! so whilst these buy ins are bigger than what you'd expect in the uk they are quite normal for this. it is also the grand final of the ept season 8, pokerstars sponsored, france etc.

the last 9 months i've focused more online with good success (winning stars super tues for $65k, chopping fcoop main for €195k, ranked no1 p5s) but i have also played several big live events and feel very comfortable playing them. yet to have a breakthrough live score but it is coming, believe me Smiley

i've been on a horrible downswing online of late but that can happen when playing highstakes mtts!

links:
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=102688
http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/nigdawg/

graph:

Christopher Brammer
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:57:52 PM »

5 please. how much total are you selling?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 03:02:19 PM »

20 if cash in Monte Carlo is ok?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »

Actually 15 sorry.
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »

5 please. how much total are you selling?
booked ty. selling 50%

Actually 15 sorry.
yeh cash there is fine. 15 booked ty

5% alex
15% dubai

30% left

Christopher Brammer
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:14:02 PM »

5% please Chris.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »

<troll>
by saying the markup on the whole package is 1.25 but if you only play the turbo it's 1.15, that means in reality the turbo is 1.15 and the 2nd tourn costs the buyers €3542.25 or €916.25 over face value, a markup of 1.35. Can you just put this in your OP please and stop trying to confuse buyers.
</troll>

edit: to clarify, I know nigdawg is not trying to confuse anybody, that was a blonde forum clique in-joke in reference to the debate on 70/30 staking threads.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:36:33 PM by skolsuper » Logged
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 03:48:42 PM »

<troll>
by saying the markup on the whole package is 1.25 but if you only play the turbo it's 1.15, that means in reality the turbo is 1.15 and the 2nd tourn costs the buyers €3542.25 or €916.25 over face value, a markup of 1.35. Can you just put this in your OP please and stop trying to confuse buyers.
</troll>

edit: to clarify, I know nigdawg is not trying to confuse anybody, that was a blonde forum clique in-joke in reference to the debate on 70/30 staking threads.

but how much did you lose James?

2% pls
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »

5% please Chris.

booked ty

2% pls

booked ty

sold the rest offline ty peeps

sold out

Christopher Brammer
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »

Thanks Chris.

PAID £544.30, by Bank TX.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »

rest

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »

fml, crab go halves?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 04:44:45 AM »

how do you want the dollar?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

Sad bad news im afraid

twas the 5k turbo 6 max today, 50k starting stack, 15 minute levels starting at 100/200/25. there was a pokerstars mess at the registration which left everyone queuing up for over an hour at 1 desk. people were complaining loudly and we could see several people turn up wanting to just sit and play a turbo but get turned off by the huge disorganised queue and walk away Sad

but we got underway an hour later with i think 99 runners, and €165k ftw. my starting table was probably one of the tougher ones with wsope champion elio fox on my direct left (a very strong highstakes online player) and recent ept berlin 2nd andrew chen on my right. seat 1 was a young aggro scandi highstakes reg i half know, seat 2 the only guy i didn't recognise a youngish asian-american guy but lots of online regs i did recognise clearly knew him. seat 3 was a bad aggro spewy middle eastern young guy i had played with for several hours in amsterdam masters classics. not a terrible table for me i just knew it was going to be aggroooooo

and it proved to be the case, there were lots of 3bets and 4bets, mostly from seats 2 and 3. in my opinion they were both extremely spewy players. i sat back a little for the first couple levels then came my first big pot. i opened ATss, and called a squeeze in position vs the guy from amsterdam, then called 2 streets on A628r, he tank checked the 6 river and my hand was good vs K5o lol. i chipped up in a couple small pots by getting folds then won a decent pot vs elio fox. i peeled a 3bet cutoff vs his button with AThh and check called a cbet on  , turn card was the  . i checked again and elio bet 7.5k into 19k with 28k behind. i had him covered and decided to check shove him in on this turn card. the pot was pretty big by now and the board was ridiculously draw heavy. even though i may never be getting called by worse i thought the size of the pot and being out of position on this board made the shove ok. he tanked for quite a bit and ended up making a good laydown with what he said was AK.

i had chipped up to 110k @ 400/800 basically without showdown and was witnessing some really awful play from these guys in seats 2 and 3, seat 2 having over 200k so was loving life! then as happens a lot with me couldn't win at showdown Sad

i opened  from the cutoff and seat 3 from amsterdam calls.  flop matched well with my hand, i cbet 3.5k into 4.6k and he c/r to 8.2k off a 45k stack. i decided to 3b the flop to 13k and he snap moved all in with 

obv looks like a huge flop for his hand too but im actually in pretty good shape having the dominating draw, a blocker and a pair. board runs out 8x, 9x tho and i lose the 120bb pot Sad

down to 65k @ 500/1k i got involved in a fairly stupid hand vs the mental asian guy in seat 2. i opened AQo utg and vs his button 3bet was ready to 4b/6b all in, or just snap his face off if he shoved on me, but he rather annoyingly peeled my 4bet. it's often scary when opponents peel 4bets but this guy had already peeled a 4bet vs some1 else with 76o and got there vs QQ vs a 35bb stack depth lol. the hand is easy when i flop top pair in this spot but instead just frustrating when the flop came J75r. i have no pair no draw with less than 2x pot back vs a crazy asian guy who seems hellbent on outplaying everyone. i figured he probably wouldn't fold much to a cbet but would probably take a stab when checked to, so decided to c/shove with my 2 overcards vs this guy. that maybe bad on my part, it was an awkward spot.

the plan changed however when he bet 6k into 28k lol. maybe this guy is just a sicko and abs owned me but i wasn't really expecting him to bet so small. it means i cant really ever jam now, and he could definitely be trying to induce me. i decided to just treat it as a check, and called. turn 5 putting up a flush draw, i checked to him and he snap put me all in for 45k! THIS HAND MAKES NO SENSE. i was so confused but just couldnt think of any logical reason why he would play a 1 pair hand this way. maybe it was just  or  for the combo draw hands but think this guy probably still had enough 5x/6x/7x hands he was spacking around with without really thinking. i ended up folding but ofc im not happy with the hand

nothing much really happened for the next 2 levels, i reshoved over a couple opens to stay afloat with ~20bb but didnt pick up any value hands until my bust out. asian in seat 2 opened utg to 4k @ 1k/2k off of 300k+ and then seat 3 amsterdam 3bet to 11k off of a 55k stack utg+1. i found QQ on the button and shoved for 47k, he ended up calling off with and the board ran out  Sad

very fun tournament and i feel like there was a lot of equity in having a 110k stack on the same table as the spewy guy with 300k. sighhhhhh.

Christopher Brammer
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:46 PM »

Nice tr. happy belated bday

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: