blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:18:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Oh Go On Then. Now sold out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh Go On Then. Now sold out.  (Read 8390 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 09:44:33 AM »

Wp sir. Was fun following all the action you were involved in through out the day on the blog. Both hands seemed fine Wink

I knew you'd approve Jase.

It takes a certain amount of je ne sais quoi to play two hands in 13 hours.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 10:32:18 AM »

I'm delighted to have bagged 92,800 when the smoke cleared at around 1.30.am.

I could never get going on my starting table and barely got above my 15k starting stack but never really dipped lower than 11k although I did end up in a tricky spot where I barrelled the turn with pretty-much air and was delighted to get a fold out of little Bash which is by no means a given. I had 17k at dinner and was pleased when my table broke shortly after.

Well if I thought my first table was bad my new one must have been the nittiest in the room, I moved into seat 1 and was informed that I was replacing the one player they had lost in almost seven hours of play and my shortstack was in decent shape here. I opened from the cutoff first hand and found no resistance and all of a sudden I was quite liking this table and found myself in beast-mode (this is beast-mode for me ofc) taking down two or three lots of blinds and antes per round and soon built up to an almost comfortable 2/3 average stack of about 25k.

Key hand #1 occurred as reported by tighty in his excellent update when a shortie open shoved c8k and I iso-shoved AK dd both verbally and by pushing my chips over the line. Big stack button announced call not having noticed my shove but obviously had to now call with kqo. Shortie had A5o.I flopped a flush draw which came along smoking a pipe on the turn, and now I was rocking with a slightly above average 50k.

Key hand #2 came during the last level when I was conscious of the fact that I was tired and fighting to maintain my focus but also aware that I could do with a double-up as I had already dropped slightly below average with c48k(600/1200/75). Some more aggro players had come to the table and there were less spots than before and I had gone a little card-dead until I found AQo in my BB and my old hard of hearing pal from before opened from the c/o to 2700. I 3-bet to 5400 and he peeled. JT8 appears on the flop and I c-bet 5200 and he peels again. On the turn along came the loveliest 9 I've ever seen and I bet 8200 wanting to appear as though it's a weakish barrel. This seemed to work and he shoved a half a millisecond before I had called. He had 77 for the bottom end and all of a sudden I was sitting with 90k and there was only half an hour to go.

No more dramas and the 92,800 were safely bagged at my third attempt with the new bags.

Looking forward to Saturday now.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »

Well done Ralph and good luck for Saturday!!!   Smiley

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »

Golden, proper TR that!

......I flopped a flush draw which came along smoking a pipe on the turn,.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »

Nice stack sir. Good luck saturday.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 12:33:01 PM »

I barrelled the turn with pretty-much air

...found myself in beast-mode

I bet 8200 wanting to appear as though it's a weakish barrel.

I've made a mistake here - I sent my staking money to Ralph when in fact I've actually staked one of those internet kids.

Good luck on Saturday.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 12:34:50 PM »

Smiley

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »

Cheers guys.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

I barrelled the turn with pretty-much air

...found myself in beast-mode

I bet 8200 wanting to appear as though it's a weakish barrel.

I've made a mistake here - I sent my staking money to Ralph when in fact I've actually staked one of those internet kids.

Good luck on Saturday.
Lol. Yeah it's a very thin line between Lagtard and retard Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »

well done Ralph, good luck 2morrow mate.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012, 08:22:46 PM »

A bad day at the office today.

After a restless night I got up early with an upset stomach and a headache which didn't augur well. Not only that but driving along the ring-road I passed a lone magpie on the central verge. I of course quietly said "where's your mate " seven times to counter the bad omen which usually works but it was another portent of things to come.

Although my table draw had left me situated fairly close to the men's toilets which was a welcome bit of run-good, the table itself was tricky with the likes of Jeff Kimber, Tim Chung and several other more than competent players on it. I couldn't find a hand or a spot for the first three orbits and finally when I did find AQo on the button it had already been opened and 3-bet in front of me so I elected to bide my time and meekly folded. Possibly that was a mistake with hindsight.

My starting above-average 92k stack had dwindled to a below-average 70k after meeting resistance at every turn and with the blinds now 1k/2k/200 and the field down to c250 I felt it was time to be positive as I wasn't looking to fold my way to a min-cash which I'm sure I could easily have done, so undaunted I play out the following hand:

I open to 4200 with AJo from mid-position and Tim Chung calls from the button.

We see a QT5 hh flop. I c-bet 5200 and he peels.

Turn is another T. I check he checks it back.

The river is a complete brick and I lead for 5200 with a clear plan to shove if he raises as I must look like a big hand here IMO and I don't feel he can be much stronger than KQ, QJ etc.

He makes it 17k and I dwell-shove for 65k.

He tanked for a good five minutes or so and eventually saying repeatedly "I really don't want to call this" called.

I said "good call" and tapped the table. He showed AQ.

I feel like a bit of a plonker going out on a bluff but I honestly think he might be one of the only people in the room that would have called. He's also a good player who is both playing and running well.

It's now official, beast-mode can be dangerous.

I'm very happy to receive any feed-back on today's play, I have already laid the foundations for my excuses.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:24:45 AM by Karabiner » Logged

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 03:03:04 AM »

Nice to meet u today Ralph, sad to read u followed me out the door, nice reports tho Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: