blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:44:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO Tourney Hand
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO Tourney Hand  (Read 3150 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2012, 08:42:44 PM »

I'm slightly reluctant to put any hands up here as I see these boards as something akin to Madame Guillotine during the French revolution with a bevy of toothless crones sitting in the front row just waiting for the executioner to do his grisly job so that they can applaud the head rolling into the basket before they continue with their crochet.

Anyway having got that off my chest here goes:

Last two 6-handed tables with 1k/2k blinds  and  I have slightly below average 45k stack, eight finalists get paid.

I open UTG to 5k with AJT8 sscc  and all fold to the BB who pots it to 15k.

Best option is......?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:54:49 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
LFmagic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:47:26 PM »

pretty hard to open to 5k in a pot limit tournament at 500/1k, good effort though

lfmagic.blogspot.co.uk
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »

Fold from me. Probably just min UTG

I could be massively wrong here (I am a fish), but our hand doesnt play well against a general 3b potting range. Basically Id expect to be shown AAxx (usually top end aces), Ace high broadway rundown type hands and KKQJ type hands pretty rarely.

I could be massively overestimating his range here, but thats what Id expect to see and our hand plays terrible vs these hands.

Finished typing before you edited. Raise aint so bad at 1/2, but probably still open to 4-4.5
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »

pretty hard to open to 5k in a pot limit tournament at 500/1k, good effort though

Good point sir, OP modified accordingly.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »

I'm slightly reluctant to put any hands up here as I see these boards as something akin to Madame Guillotine during the French revolution with a bevy of toothless crones sitting in the front row just waiting for the executioner to do his grisly job so that they can applaud the head rolling into the basket before they continue with their crochet.

Why you think this? kinda tilts me tbh because quite a few people put a lot of time into making this PHA board a really useful tool and so many people say "oh I won't post or comment because i'll get flamed!" look back through the last 100 threads and if there is any flaming of any kind from regular posters that ins't just bantering about in 2 of those threads i'll send £10,000 to a charity of your choice.  Everyone who uses this board should share their hands and their opinions (regardless off ability/experience) and THAT's how the board becomes a great tool...

Anyways Smiley rant over Cheesy

call and pot the flop if you like it (unless you LOVE the flop, then you should check Cheesy ) and +1 to JK min or 2.5x preflop as you dont really want to be folding this hand but it's better to call the smallest 3bet possible Cheesy

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »

I'd fold pre with this hand from UTG with this stacksize. Ta

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:17:55 AM »

Why you think this? kinda tilts me tbh because quite a few people put a lot of time into making this PHA board a really useful tool and so many people say "oh I won't post or comment because i'll get flamed!" look back through the last 100 threads and if there is any flaming of any kind from regular posters that ins't just bantering about in 2 of those threads i'll send £10,000 to a charity of your choice.  Everyone who uses this board should share their hands and their opinions (regardless off ability/experience) and THAT's how the board becomes a great tool...

Anyways Smiley rant over Cheesy

call and pot the flop if you like it (unless you LOVE the flop, then you should check Cheesy ) and +1 to JK min or 2.5x preflop as you dont really want to be folding this hand but it's better to call the smallest 3bet possible Cheesy

Dave on those rare occasions when I do ever put a hand up here I am always hoping for some input from you and  looking forward to your analysis as I respect your opinions and appreciate the time you put into your replies.

I do not consider you to be either toothless or a crone, I was merely trying to illustrate in a humorous manner the fact that I was girding my loins and putting a hand up.

The toothless crones are those that I see in my mind's eye laughing as my mistakes are illustrated by the experts as the hand gets dissected.

My open was 2.5x and I see now that a min raise would have played better.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 09:21:33 AM »

I elected to peel the extra 11k in position and we see a QT4r flop.

UTG checks...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:27:35 AM »

Neatly making Karabiners's point......

Fair to say, though, that PHA on blonde has improved out of all recognition in the last 12-18 months. Big thanks to all those responsible. The days of "level?", or "just fold, you twat" are long gone, glory be. 

If it continues at this rate, even I may get brave enough to Post a hand soon. I'm pretty sure the first reply will be "how old are you?"..... That'll be "fold pre" then.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »

Lol. Luke is only tongue in cheek here with his comment. We really do need that smiley because  lots of people make tongue in cheek comments that get taken the wrong way.

I never post hands on pha because only a select few know how really bad I am at the pokers. Managed to butcher the nuts when Eames came for a chat on day 3 fml.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »

Lol. Luke is only tongue in cheek here with his comment. We really do need that smiley because  lots of people make tongue in cheek comments that get taken the wrong way.

I never post hands on pha because only a select few know how really bad I am at the pokers. Managed to butcher the nuts when Eames came for a chat on day 3 fml.

Neatly shooting myself in the foot......

I guess only newbies & complete idiots could have got so easily whooshed.

I'm relatively new round here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 10:04:11 AM »

Lol. Luke is only tongue in cheek here with his comment. We really do need that smiley because  lots of people make tongue in cheek comments that get taken the wrong way.

Neatly shooting myself in the foot......

I guess only newbies & complete idiots could have got so easily whooshed.

I'm relatively new round here.
Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »

Fair to say, though, that PHA on blonde has improved out of all recognition in the last 12-18 months. Big thanks to all those responsible. The days of "level?", or "just fold, you twat" are long gone, glory be. 

If it continues at this rate, even I may get brave enough to Post a hand soon. I'm pretty sure the first reply will be "how old are you?"..... That'll be "fold pre" then.

No doubt I will be abusing you if you do.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 10:16:13 AM »

My introduction to Blonde was via a train driver friend who knew someone that knew some bloke called Tikay that was a bit of a celeb in the Poker world - around 2008/9.

After a quick look around the site I was fairly impressed but when I hit the PHA forum I was like a kid at christmas. I only have one poker playing friend but he's a huge fish (Sorry Jeff if you're reading this, but you are   ) so discussing hands and options, lines, actions, and more importantly the reasoning behind all those things has helped my game enormously. I haven't changed my play too much but do fold a lot more pre and it seems to have helped, but I've gained a great insight into "why" things I were doing were working - and why they were failing too. The depth of knowledge here is astounding, the willingness of those with the knowledge to contribute is what makes this a great place. Long live PHA!!!!

I'm still on the look out for a a genuine "spot" that isn't a glaringly obvious "fold-pre" or a regular 50p moment where a raise would have probably done the trick.

As for your hand Karibina, pre-flop seems like a wide call unless we hit, but now that we've missed the flop I would imagine check/fold would be my play unless there's a club on the board and the hit's the turn

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »

No doubt I will be abusing you if you do.

Standard. I'd be terribly disappointed if you did not, I'd so want to retort.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: