blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:29:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $2k scoop spot
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $2k scoop spot  (Read 32326 times)
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2012, 12:20:05 AM »

So now we another person jumping in just saying things without giving any reasoning. Is it really that difficult to understand?

How can the stakes be irrelevant? Dissecting a $2k hand is is obviously going to be very different from a smaller buyin (different at each level in fact) because the level of thinking ability in the opponent is very different at $0.10/$1/$10 or $1k, so actions taken during the hand should be changed accordingly. E.G. This might be a fold pre in an $11 MTT because the villain probably doesn't have enough bluffs vs value hands and his value hands crush us, so there is a lot of reverse implied peeling against a range that contains mostly really good hands (TT+ AQ+). The reason there is an argument why we can peel here is because in a HSMTT the villain is a guy who plays poker for a living, and may have enough hands in his range that our hand flops well against, and we can extract more value down the streets in a lower variance fashion than we can pre flop with a fourth bet. As discussed earlier, if we 4bet without dynamic against a TAG reg we're just going to force out the hands that our hand either beats or plays well against post flop.

If you can't understand the difference in strategy between levels then you should sign out of blonde, invent a memory wiping device, wipe your password and any knowledge that poker even exists from your brain so we can all be done with this ridiculous thread.

And as far is it being locked goes, yeah maybe it should be locked, so I physically can't listen to any of your ignorant, self assured brand of poker "theory" anymore.

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »

I have posted theory on this, but neither do I have as much time as you guys to look for percentages as I have things to do.

The game of poker isn't about percentages.

As for all this about stakes, again a load of tosh.

As for the thread, might better to be locked, because it's gone totally off topic and turned into most people having a go at me. zzzzzzz!

It's not the monetary value that makes stakes important. It is the fact that generally the players are alt better so you have to take different lives to those that you would in dtd or on a 20 dollar comp.

It takes me the same amount of time to work out the %s as it does you waiting for the ball to land in one of the 36 holes. In not dealing a flop out 100 times and writing down the results, I actually enjoy doing the studying whined the %s though as it improves my game and thats why we all post on Pha right? Invest time into learning and improving

What software is that you're using to calculate the %s? And what site is it from?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »

Lollololol

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2012, 12:26:36 AM »

Villan had aces??? If it doesn't make sense then there's a like 15% chance they have aces

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Nit Tendencies

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2012, 12:51:22 AM »

Also, I really don't think that the comment "The game of poker isn't about percentages" has got NEARLY enough love.

So glad people like you still exist.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2012, 12:52:08 AM »

If carlsberg did PHA threads....

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2012, 12:58:41 AM »

I have posted theory on this, but neither do I have as much time as you guys to look for percentages as I have things to do.

As for all this about stakes, again a load of tosh.

As for the thread, might better to be locked, because it's gone totally off topic and turned into most people having a go at me. zzzzzzz!

It's not the monetary value that makes stakes important. It is the fact that generally the players are alt better so you have to take different lives to those that you would in dtd or on a 20 dollar comp.

It takes me the same amount of time to work out the %s as it does you waiting for the ball to land in one of the 36 holes. In not dealing a flop out 100 times and writing down the results, I actually enjoy doing the studying whined the %s though as it improves my game and thats why we all post on Pha right? Invest time into learning and improving

What software is that you're using to calculate the %s? And what site is it from?

weeeeeeee. I'm just rofling about reading this thread.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2012, 01:13:09 AM »

anyone ready for the results yet?
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:09 AM »

anyone ready for the results yet?

u folded m8

Christopher Brammer
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2012, 01:28:34 AM »

was kinda a gag mate
GamblingPays

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »

LOL so this thread has gone off it's lid and we will never know the outcome FML !!!!!!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2012, 01:57:56 AM »

I'm waiting for Trigg to tell us he was actually in Kirb's shoes here and you had AND HOW CAN HE CALL WITH JJ HOW HOW HOW WHAT A MASSIVE FISH.

Also Aaron - it's worth mentioning that plenty of people PAY for the time some people have put into explaining theory stuff so disrespecting it and not reading it (which you clearly didn't) is always going to get peoples backs up a bit.

Like playing football without nets in the goals. Still works fine but takes ages running 300ft to collect the ball everytime someone scores.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2012, 02:08:12 AM »

Like playing football without nets in the goals. Still works fine but takes ages running 300ft to collect the ball everytime someone scores.

Great analogy could call it the "jumpers for goalposts" theory

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2012, 02:33:42 AM »

If carlsberg did PHA threads....

this.

it's been a laugh.

although i hope it doesn't put off people like bram and trig and other hsmtters from posting future hands.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2012, 02:43:02 AM »

I think the main reason they don't post hands all that often is because, aside from the super ridiculous spots like this, it offers very little benefit having information about your hands online/thoughts on other regs etc when lots of people who play the same games read these threads.

It's not a problem for me as my aliases are not very well known + the people I do know on here I play vs I talk strategy with all the time.

So when a hand is uniquely interesting like this one it has a great chance of being posted.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: