blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:12:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WSOP Mixed Game, plus Main Event, package (sold out)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Mixed Game, plus Main Event, package (sold out)  (Read 23946 times)
easypickings

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2012, 12:39:23 PM »

Hey guys,

I will be going to Vegas for the WSOP later this week, and once again will have a tournament schedule focused on the mixed game events. I have constructed a $35,500 package of mixed game events (plus the main event), which I will be selling at 1.1

I consider this a very good price. The mixed-game events always attract a good number of no-limit players shooting for a bracelet, and players who are not strong in that particular game. The price is also good because the package includes the Main Event (occupying 28% of the package), which is an event I believe any reasonable player can still sell at at least 1.4.

The good price is a balance for the fact that I am selling action only as the whole package.

I started learning the mixed games in January 2010, in preparation for the 2010 WSOP, and have now had three concentrated periods of mixed game lessons (for 3+ months before each WSOP), where I have played the games heavily on Stars, and moreover, had a ton of training each year from the top players in each particular game. I think the value for the package comes from the fact that I have always balanced time to make sure that I am equally strong at each of the games.

This is the package of events:

10th June- $2500 2-7 triple draw lowball (limit)
11th June- $5000 Omaha eight-or-better
13th June- $1500 HORSE
15th June- $1500 2-7 lowball no limit
16th June- $10000 HORSE (*half action)
19th June- $2500 8-game mixed event
29th June- $2500 10-game mixed event
5th July- $10000 2-7 lowball (*half action)
9th July- $10000 Main Event no-limit holdem (full action)

For a total package price of $35,500

So, at a price of 1.1, the package is priced as:

0.5%= $195.25
1%= $390.50
2%= $781.00
5%= $1952.50
10%= $3905.00

-I have included the two mixed game $10,000 events as "half action." This is to balance them taking a overly big proportion, and importance, in the package. It means that I am treating them for the package as $5000 events. So, if you buy 2% of the package, you will recieve 2% of any cash for all non-10k events and $10k Main Event, and 1% of any cash for the two 10k mixed-game events.

This is my HM, for the last two year's WSOP action:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=54053

I have therefore played the last two years' mixed game events at a small loss, but consider this run bad, in having my better runs in the smaller buy-ins events. With another period of training/study behind me, I feel also I am going into this WSOP stronger than ever in the mixed games. Hopefully, this is backed up by a 3rd place finish in the £2k European eight-game championships at the 2011 EPT London, which I sold action for on Blonde.

Just a few notes:

-Instant refunds via bank/Stars/cash in Vegas for any events that I do not enter. I will be playing no poker this Summer apart from tournies at the Rio, so the only possible reason for non-entry would be that I am still in another tournament. I would consider it unlikely that I will miss more than one tournament, and very probably miss none.

- I will be playing other tournaments at the WSOP. This list represents the mixed game events that I am SURE I will play, if not in another tournament on the list.

- Payment via bank, Stars or Moneybookers to reserve a piece. Although it is a package, I will obviously pay out INSTANTLY after each event by Stars/bank/Moneybookers, plus the option of cash in Vegas.

- I will be selling up to 50% of the package (therefore 50% of the smaller events and Main Event, and 25% of the mixed-game $10k events)

- Updates in running of all events on the list.

- Any questions, please ask. Sorry that it is complicated, just wanted to work through every eventuality.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:32:41 PM by easypickings » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »

3% please Stu.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »

Hi Stuart,

This looks a great value investment.

If you have a result early in the package, will you be attempting to buy the investors out?

Sorry for asking this question, but I need to ask it because in the "other" thread Flushy said you tried to buy back back action after having a bink in a package he bought a share in, and huge amount of the value comes from the Main Event at 1.1!

Thanks

Keith

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »

0.5% please.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

Could I please have 3% Stuart but before confirmation between us I would also like to see your reply to Keith's question above.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:10:57 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »

I'll reserve 3% too pending confirmation.

Best value package ever sold on Blondepoker imo.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »

2% pls

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »

Hi Stuart,

If you have a result early in the package, will you be attempting to buy the investors out?

Sorry for asking this question, but I need to ask it because in the "other" thread Flushy said you tried to buy back back action after having a bink in a package he bought a share in, and huge amount of the value comes from the Main Event at 1.1!

Thanks

Keith

Good question, cheers Keith.

The answer is no.

The construction of the package is with a heavy acknowledgement that a big part of the value comes from selling the $10k Main Event at 1.1 (Although, I strongly believe that the package would still be good value as a mixed-game package, without the Main Event).

"Buying back" was a one-off deal between me and Flushy (and iirc Dubai). It goes without saying that once a piece is sold, the buyer then owns it. Therefore, "buying back" can only originate with an offer from the original seller to the owner at a higher price than first sold, which the owner obviously as no obligation at all to even consider.

Whilst in theory it might be possible for me to offer to buy Main Event pieces back at much higher price than 1.1, it isn't quite in the spirit of this one, and I will say categorically no
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »

Reserve 3-5% for tikay please. He to confirm when he gets online.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 01:21:36 PM »

Hi Stuart,

Thanks

Keith

Good question, cheers Keith.

The answer is no.

The construction of the package is with a heavy acknowledgement that a big part of the value comes from selling the $10k Main Event at 1.1 (Although, I strongly believe that the package would still be good value as a mixed-game package, without the Main Event).

"Buying back" was a one-off deal between me and Flushy (and iirc Dubai). It goes without saying that once a piece is sold, the buyer then owns it. Therefore, "buying back" can only originate with an offer from the original seller to the owner at a higher price than first sold, which the owner obviously as no obligation at all to even consider.

Whilst in theory it might be possible for me to offer to buy Main Event pieces back at much higher price than 1.1, it isn't quite in the spirit of this one, and I will say categorically no

Thanks for the reply Stuart, can I have 5% then please instead of the 3 I asked for above.

cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »

Reserve 3-5% for tikay please. He to confirm when he gets online.

definitely, cheers Rich. Got the young gentleman in mind, have reserved that for him.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 01:23:56 PM »

3% please Stu.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 01:26:43 PM »

Will take 3% please. Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 01:28:05 PM »

5% pls Face
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »

Thanks for the answer.

Up me to 5% please.

Not sure if I'll pay on Stars or cash in Vegas yet.

Username on Stars in case I pay that way?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: