blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:13:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A question for the over 40's on here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question for the over 40's on here.  (Read 10240 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2012, 11:13:23 PM »

money and life are both over rated

but I've been young and poor, so at least old and rich would be something new to try out

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »

but I've been young and poor, so at least old and rich would be something new to try out

I would be interested to know by whom and how is life is over rated.

The older I get, the better I was.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »

Everybody who would take the being young and everybody who would want the extra 20 years added to the end of their life.

You have one life, you have a limited time to get things done and you don't know how long that's going to be.

If you just accept that and try and fit whatever matters to you into your allocated span then job done - if you live life like it's limited it means you never put off for tomorrow what you could do today and life becomes a 'richer' experience because of it.

imo - obv

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »

Everybody who would take the being young and everybody who would want the extra 20 years added to the end of their life.

You have one life, you have a limited time to get things done and you don't know how long that's going to be.

If you just accept that and try and fit whatever matters to you into your allocated span then job done - if you live life like it's limited it means you never put off for tomorrow what you could do today and life becomes a 'richer' experience because of it.

imo - obv

I would go back to 28, not because I want to live longer, but because I was awesome and in my prime at 28. Powerful, charismatic, extremely attractive, intellectually aglle and a great all round sportsman. Now I'm just probs 90% of that in all those departments

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »

imo - obv

I would go back to 28, not because I want to live longer, but because I was awesome and in my prime at 28. Powerful, charismatic, extremely attractive, intellectually aglle and a great all round sportsman. Now I'm just probs 90% of that in all those departments

Grin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »

imo - obv

<3 Glenda.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »

imo - obv

I couldn't fit everything in if I had half a dozen lifetimes.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »

Maybe by some of the millions living in poverty around the world, then again maybe the many thousands living in the UK who suffer abuse of al lkinds on a daily basis?

The many thousands in the UK who suffer mental illness even?

Stats on suicides in the UK alone provide evidence that some agree with Jon

http://www.samaritans.org/pdf/Samaritans%20Suicide%20Statistics%20Report%202011.pdf

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »

Maybe by some of the millions living in poverty around the world, then again maybe the many thousands living in the UK who suffer abuse of al lkinds on a daily basis?

http://www.samaritans.org/pdf/Samaritans%20Suicide%20Statistics%20Report%202011.pdf

Geo

I would have thought that those are precisely the people who don't rate life very highly.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

Geo

I would have thought that those are precisely the people who don't rate life very highly.

Then I don't understand why you asked the question

Geo

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »

Geo

Geo

Because I want to know who over rates life, as per Jon's post. The people you are talking about don't rate life very highly

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »

Geo

Geo

Because I want to know who over rates life, as per Jon's post. The people you are talking about don't rate life very highly

Ahhhh, my bad somehow read it the other way

Geo

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »

Limited, but not predetermined.

Most of us could add probably 10 quality years on at the end with a few pretty simple lifestyle choices but, even though we know this, we tend not to bother, or to go some of the way.

We want to go back for the extra years, yet we scorn the possibility we already have to add them.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2012, 12:46:32 AM »

Limited, but not predetermined.

Most of us could add probably 10 quality years on at the end with a few pretty simple lifestyle choices but, even though we know this, we tend not to bother, or to go some of the way.

We want to go back for the extra years, yet we scorn the possibility we already have to add them.

Great post.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2012, 01:30:24 AM »

I'll take being 28 ainec.

Where do I sign?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print