blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A question for the over 40's on here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question for the over 40's on here.  (Read 10235 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:44 PM »

Money and I'd do it for £10m

If you don't need to work everyday you gain the ability to experience twice as much "life"

Abs no brainier ainec

How old are u guy?
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 08:47:58 PM »

If you don't need to work everyday you gain the ability to experience twice as much "life"

Abs no brainier ainec

How old are u guy?

Nearly 36

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »

Im 29 and id turn 41 tomoz for a billion bucks.

55?

Tough spot. Probs 50 my limit.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »

Abs no brainier ainec

How old are u guy?

Nearly 36

Ok the question isn't really being over 40 v $1 billion, that is too easy, especially at your age.

I'm interested in whether they would do it at their current age right now, clearly for people under 40 its a no brainer for most, so its not worth asking that age group. I think most people my age would take the cash, I'm interested at what age people mind start to turn to the youth. Let's see what the people around 50+ say.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 08:58:24 PM »

Putting aside things that I wouldn't want to undo, like having kids etc...., think I'd take being in my 20's again, over the cash.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 08:58:59 PM »

Putting aside things that I wouldn't want to undo, like having kids etc...., think I'd take being in my 20's again, over the cash.

How old are u Neil?
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »

Abs no brainier ainec

How old are u guy?

Nearly 36

Ok the question isn't really being over 40 v $1 billion, that is too easy, especially at your age.

I'm interested in whether they would do it at their current age right now, clearly for people under 40 its a no brainer for most, so its not worth asking that age group. I think most people my age would take the cash, I'm interested at what age people mind start to turn to the youth. Let's see what the people around 50+ say.

51 and take the cash.....it's all about the family future imo

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »

How old are u Neil?
Well he did post after you requested an over 50's vote!!   Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »

I'd like the cash please, I'd happily skip forward to 41 to get it.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 10:13:50 PM »

28 ainec. I'd even take 38. I don't need money to make me happy.

All the money in the world can't buy time. Your dead for eternity.

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 10:32:02 PM »

How old were you when you realised that? I reckon I was at least 30.......
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 11:19:39 PM »

How old were you when you realised that? I reckon I was at least 30.......

Depends if I could go to 28 knowing what I know now - then definitely. If I'd to go back & make all the mistakes again - nah I'll take the money & be happy with the result of those mistakes, not run through them again.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »

What about the amount of good you could do for so many generations of your family and others with that much money though ?

I'm massively in the "you don't need money to be happy" as well as "money isn't everything" camps but it does have a lot of positives.

Such a tough spot to balance.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 06:07:45 AM »

What about the amount of good you could do for so many generations of your family and others with that much money though ?

I'm massively in the "you don't need money to be happy" as well as "money isn't everything" camps but it does have a lot of positives.

I don't really know what "All the good I could do" would be though. Oh I know I could buy them fancy stuff and make it so as they never had to work again, but as I said, money doesn't buy happiness.

If my dad were choosing between having loads of money or to be 28 again so that he could spend another 40 years with us, I know which one I would want him to pick.

I watched a programme about Terry Pratchet, millionaire author of the 'Discworld' series of novels recently. He has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. His time is very limited now, and he would gladly give all his millions for a few more years of being able to enjoy the simple pleasures on life. (Which cost nothing anyway)

In the programme, which is called ' Choosing to die' (You can watch it on Youtube) He went to see several terminally ill peope, one of whom was millionaire hotelier Peter Smedley. Peter had decided to go to Switzerland for an assisted suicide. There was no question that he would have given up his millions in a heartbeat to have a little more time.

Frankly, I'm amazed and appalled by some of the comments in this thread, especially the one from Silo Graham, (Sorry Silo) who said "I'd like the cash please, I'd happily skip forward to 41 to get it". 

Andrew Marvell once said:

...but at my back I always hear
time's winged chariot hurrying near..

Well as you get older, you will begin to hear it too. It starts as a gentle sound off somewhere in the distance, and before you know where you are, it's clattering across the cobbles on iron clad wheels. Impossible to ignore. 

Marshall Barer wrote some lyrics, and Don Williams sang them.

I’m just a country boy
Money have I none
But I’ve got silver in the stars
And gold in the morning sun

That pretty much sums it up for me.

I wouldn't sell a year of my life for all the money in the world.

The older I get, the better I was.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 06:22:42 AM »

I don't really know what "All the good I could do" would be though. Oh I know I could buy them fancy stuff and make it so as they never had to work again, but as I said, money doesn't buy happiness.

If my dad were choosing between having loads of money or to be 28 again so that he could spend another 40 years with us, I know which one I would want him to pick.

I watched a programme about Terry Pratchet, millionaire author of the 'Discworld' series of novels recently. He has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. His time is very limited now, and he would gladly give all his millions for a few more years of being able to enjoy the simple pleasures on life. (Which cost nothing anyway)

In the programme, which is called ' Choosing to die' (You can watch it on Youtube) He went to see several terminally ill peope, one of whom was millionaire hotelier Peter Smedley. Peter had decided to go to Switzerland for an assisted suicide. There was no question that he would have given up his millions in a heartbeat to have a little more time.

Frankly, I'm amazed and appalled by some of the comments in this thread, especially the one from Silo Graham, (Sorry Silo) who said "I'd like the cash please, I'd happily skip forward to 41 to get it".  

Andrew Marvell once said:

...but at my back I always hear
time's winged chariot hurrying near..

Well as you get older, you will begin to hear it too. It starts as a gentle sound off somewhere in the distance, and before you know where you are, it's clattering across the cobbles on iron clad wheels. Impossible to ignore.  

Marshall Barer wrote some lyrics, and Don Williams sang them.

I’m just a country boy
Money have I none
But I’ve got silver in the stars
And gold in the morning sun

That pretty much sums it up for me.

I wouldn't sell a year of my life for all the money in the world.

Great post Tom
Just what I said but In a different way
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:29:02 AM by leethefish » Logged

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: