blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273117 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD £500 Deepstack: £500,000 Guaranteed: blonde sweats
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £500 Deepstack: £500,000 Guaranteed: blonde sweats  (Read 46326 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »

Also, can anyone confirm we can buy in on the day at the club? And Thursday is not likely to sell out right? Thanks

Hopefully it sells out!

Yes you'll be able to buy in pre-play, for sure.

Looks like I've drawn a good day to be updating. Plenty of characters. and Claypole.
Who is doing the updates on which days tighty?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2012, 08:32:27 PM »

Also, can anyone confirm we can buy in on the day at the club? And Thursday is not likely to sell out right? Thanks

Hopefully it sells out!

Yes you'll be able to buy in pre-play, for sure.

Looks like I've drawn a good day to be updating. Plenty of characters. and Claypole.
Who is doing the updates on which days tighty?

Its a five dayer so it was a bit awkward

I am doing Thursday and Friday

Jonathan is doing Saturday to Monday

I am back up Monday to commentate, when the intention is to Live stream the whole of Monday's feature table play (however many tables are left ) through to a winner which hopefully should get a lot of viewers.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:09 PM »

do we know how many levels are going to be played on day 1/predicted end time? Also, all the timings i.e 2.30pm start each day is confirmed?

2.30pm I know is correct

Structure info from Simon, please
Hi

You will play a minimum of 12 x 40 min levels on each day, start time is 2pm. 8 hours of play plus breaks, looking at a midnight/1am finish Smiley

Cheers Nicola

Is this still the case? Rich posted elsewhere that it was 16 levels day 1 which makes it a much later finish.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »

do we know how many levels are going to be played on day 1/predicted end time? Also, all the timings i.e 2.30pm start each day is confirmed?

2.30pm I know is correct

Hi

You will play a minimum of 12 x 40 min levels on each day, start time is 2pm. 8 hours of play plus breaks, looking at a midnight/1am finish Smiley

Cheers Nicola

Is this still the case? Rich posted elsewhere that it was 16 levels day 1 which makes it a much later finish.

Its 16 40 minute levels with a 2.15am finish on each Day 1, this was confirmed today

My eyes are open wide
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »

Thank you for posting this Tighty. It means I'll play on Friday now. Good luck to all playing tomorrow.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2012, 10:09:35 PM »

Why can't these decisions be made before we make plans?
I opted for 1a on the basis that it was 12 levels, now I'm stuck with that choice and faced with a drive home at 2.30am

The tournament has been in the planning since June, and a fundamental decision like this is made today?

I <3 DTD but this is more than annoying

h

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2012, 10:47:41 PM »

coming up friday night to play £100 fo
then will be playing this saturday

gl all blondes playing
Jrvs

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 30, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »

2.30pm I know is correct

Hi

Cheers Nicola

Its 16 40 minute levels with a 2.15am finish on each Day 1, this was confirmed today

Thats my travel plans out the window then haha! I've either gotta now bust out before the last train or sleep in the train station for a couple of hours, lovely.

I'll be playing tomorrow, well today now (day1a)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2012, 12:47:56 AM »

Lol Tighty - thought I was going mad, no mention of 16 levels here....found you post in the 50 seat sat thread. Thanks for trying...I'll stick with plans as made arrangements with Vinny and Dave and looking forward to it, altho if I'd seen in at 5 may have changed.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow - so trying not to moan, I have car and lack of sleep ain't end of world. However, the team at DTD should sort, even if it's just the odd person like previous poster who have taken a day off and arranged public transport it's pretty poor.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: August 30, 2012, 04:01:05 AM »

Guys,

I can see the post by Nicola saying 12 levels x 40. For sure, she must have got the wrong information from someone (hope it was not me!) as she always double checks any questions like this before posting, I can only assume its some mix up in communication internally.

Never in one million years was this comp only 12 levels on Day 1's, there has been NO CHANGE / DECISION MADE TODAY, this has always been a 36 level comp, 40/60/60 clock, 16-10-10 level format,  it's an error in Nicola's post, sincere apologies. Of course, if anyone is "genuinely financially halmed" due to being mislead by this post - come and see me over the £500 Deepstack and I will compensate you personally.

On a personal note, this comp can be done 16-10-10 or 14-11-11, when me and Simon designed the format, we opted for 16-10-10, 2.15am finish Day 1's, 1.30am finish Day 2 and 3, I personally don't find this a problem for a 3 day event with a great structure and a £500K GTE, I would personally prefer to play deeper on Day 1 and get closer to the money, I don't think that finish time is too late for a one off event like this, but if majority player feedback for the future is that players want to start playing at 12pm or even make the comp 4 days (LOL if we do this event again!), of course, we can make these changes, everything evolves.

Claypole, "I am not trying to moan" HOWEVER "The DTD team should sort this" LOL, nice one pal, keep spreading the positive vibe for this week! Smiley Seriously, apologies, see me if you have been inconvenienced financially, it's a communication error on this forum on our part, 12 levels would be absolutley impossible to ever be correct.

Guys, please try and keep a positive outlook this week, I am a poker player and I was moaning at the EPT last week about playing 14 hours on day 1 and not being able to get a drink at the break, we are moaners as a speices generally, I get this, but lets take a break this week as this is a brand new challenge for DTD and we don't pretend to have perfected this poker stuff quite yet, hands up, error on post! I won't moan if we do our brains on the GTE - deal Smiley

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:55:59 AM by robyong » Logged
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2012, 07:00:33 AM »

Sorry Rob, great post and clearly 16 levels on day 1 is best. Also I know I shouldn't moan about playing a £500k gtd tournament with a super deep structure in the best poker venue I know. Especially since I'm effectively freerolling it.
But in a spirit of constructive criticism, couldn't this info be put on the DTD website from the outset?
Or in the announcement posting on here?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 30, 2012, 08:32:04 AM »

Day1a Update thread for later

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=58873.0

Going to be a long day, please follow the action and interact on there

My eyes are open wide
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »

Playing Thursday

Want to bet me v anyone else on thursday- you can pick the player or take yourself. Even money, any amount- highest stack at end of day wins, to win bet one of us must have a top 25 stack. Stake doubles if either finishes as chip leader. Thursday players only

So to be clear- James Keys might say il take "Claypole for 500"- if Claypole finishes above me in chips AND is in the top 25 chip stacks at the end of days he wins. If neither of us are in top 25, the bet is a push, noone wins. If Claypole was chip leader id pay Keys 1k.

I get myself, you can choose from the other 332 runners.

Bump- the next person to reply can have 6-4 any player they want or 5-2 on a seat number, max loss for me £500 on these special promotions
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2012, 09:20:41 AM »

To be fair to Nicola her post does say 'minimum' 12 levels.

<3 Dubai and his special promos.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »

Playing Thursday

Want to bet me v anyone else on thursday- you can pick the player or take yourself. Even money, any amount- highest stack at end of day wins, to win bet one of us must have a top 25 stack. Stake doubles if either finishes as chip leader. Thursday players only

So to be clear- James Keys might say il take "Claypole for 500"- if Claypole finishes above me in chips AND is in the top 25 chip stacks at the end of days he wins. If neither of us are in top 25, the bet is a push, noone wins. If Claypole was chip leader id pay Keys 1k.

I get myself, you can choose from the other 332 runners.

Bump- the next person to reply can have 6-4 any player they want or 5-2 on a seat number, max loss for me £500 on these special promotions
ok top me up 27/1 for £45 so my max liability is 150 yh with my 4horses

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: