blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 04:55:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272938 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cmon England!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cmon England!!!!  (Read 45806 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »

It would be tactical suicide to start both Theo and the Ox.

Theo has always been most effective as an impact player coming off the bench for Arsenal, I can honestly count the number of good games he has had as a starter on one hand. He's like the little girl with the curl, when he's good he's very very good but when he's bad he's awful.

The Ox is potentially a far more complete player than Theo imo but it's easy to forget how young he is because of his great multi-talents. He has developed enormously this season with a great deal of nurturing from AW but is still not the finished article.

I would pick Milner as a starter every time and I also like Ashley Young as a wide man.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »

Phil Jones ahead of Parker and we'd keep the ball more and keep the intensity for longer 
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »

The team set up in the group was perfect for that stage of the comp. Now it's straight knockout a few more chances need to be taken. With only 4 attacking positions on the pitch I don't think any of them should be used for defence or be defence minded. Let's explode out the blocks against the Italians with our danger players on the field from the start and then use defence minded attacking players later on when we have a lead to defend. If we go ultra solid and they score on the stroke of full time it will be typical England ballbag imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2012, 07:43:41 PM »

The team set up in the group was perfect for that stage of the comp. Now it's straight knockout a few more chances need to be taken. With only 4 attacking positions on the pitch I don't think any of them should be used for defence or be defence minded. Let's explode out the blocks against the Italians with our danger players on the field from the start and then use defence minded attacking players later on when we have a lead to defend. If we go ultra solid and they score on the stroke of full time it will be typical England ballbag imo.
I basically think the opposite of most of this.
I think the team set up was good for France but against weaker opposition that is the time to attack more. I hope/think Roy works out the balance over the next few years as most teams will happily take a draw against us in qualifying so will be delighted if we stand off and defend deep.
Also in the groups wins are needed as draws can send you out. Once you're in the knock out stages as long as you can take penalties you never have to score another goal and you can win the tournament.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »

I basically think the opposite of most of this.
I think the team set up was good for France but against weaker opposition that is the time to attack more. I hope/think Roy works out the balance over the next few years as most teams will happily take a draw against us in qualifying so will be delighted if we stand off and defend deep.
Also in the groups wins are needed as draws can send you out. Once you're in the knock out stages as long as you can take penalties you never have to score another goal and you can win the tournament.

Not sure, think solid start and build momentum is good for tournaments. I've watch enough England pen shoot-outs to think this eventuality is best avoided. Also playing for pens is depressing. Best tournament performance I remember is Italia 90 where we had Gazza, Waddle, Barnes, Lineker & Beardsley, none of those players were in the team to defend.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »

Phil Jones ahead of Parker and we'd keep the ball more and keep the intensity for longer 

are u high?
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2012, 11:24:49 PM »

are u high?
No
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2012, 11:57:38 PM »

Parker is terrible IMO.

He danced around the defence playing one twos.. They can do that theirselves fuck off 20 yards forward ffs. Hopefully he doesn't play for England again after this championship.

Hart

Walker Richards lescott cole

Cleverly jones wilshire

Theo.                   

Rooney

Welbeck

Looks very decent. Perhaps ox ahead of theo and Carroll Shea of welbeck depending on next season which is huge for both.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2012, 12:03:00 AM »

You keep putting guys in your teams that are not in the squad. Why?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »

Level 6 thinking jase

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »

Level 6 thinking jase
Must be. I still think beckham could still do a job Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2012, 01:19:22 AM »

-----------------Hart
Walker----Richards---Lescott---Cole
----------------Rodwell-----------------
----------------Gerrard-----------------
Lennon---------------------A Johnson
---------------Wilshere----------------
----------------Rooney-----------------

Would put Parker in but not sure he will have the pace come the time of WC 2014 but if wasn't planning for future would 100% have him there infront of the defence.

Walcott, and Ox coming off bench together would be pretty deece. Lennon ahead of Walcott purely cos of his familiarity with Walker, and he has less 'bad' games than Walcott IMO.

Wonder if Ravel Morisson will start playing for West Ham, hope he does.

O and I think Jonny Howson could suprise a few people next year..
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:23:39 AM by anthonyl » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »

Bizarre stuff

Wilshere is a holding midfielder

Successive England managers show no inclination to pick Richards, who isn't a central defender anyway, and he has thrown his toys out of the pram in the last month so that makes it tougher still

If Lennon was in Hodgson's thoughts, he'd be in this squad. Same for Adam Johnson

A bit of realism, please

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »

Yeh and talking about Ravel Morrison is just lol before he's even succeed in the prem

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2012, 01:33:58 AM »

Bizarre stuff

Wilshere is a holding midfielder

Successive England managers show no inclination to pick Richards, who isn't a central defender anyway, and he has thrown his toys out of the pram in the last month so that makes it tougher still

If Lennon was in Hodgson's thoughts, he'd be in this squad. Same for Adam Johnson

A bit of realism, please

Richards is fully capable at CB and has played there a few times before. But like you say his attitude is not right but things can change.

Wilshere is a box 2 box midfielder - well the times I have watched him that was the role he was playing. Diaby/Song will be Arsenals holding midfielders?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: