blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272602 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Chess thread
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chess thread  (Read 344329 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »

Have Alexander grischuk on my ept table. Cliffs?

Just seen this (been offline all day).

That's pretty huge.

Super-talented, aggressive player, with a brilliant, tactical brain and superb calculation abilities. Twice world blitz champion (suppose that would be like winning a super high roller event where it's something like 5 seconds per decision).

Almost made it to the World Championship match in 2009, when he got to the final of the candidates knockout tournament and lost to Gelfand, who went to play Anand for the title.

How did it go?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 21, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »

He's a huge poker nit!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: August 21, 2014, 11:13:29 PM »

He's a huge poker nit!

Ha!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1998 on: August 24, 2014, 06:08:48 AM »

He's a huge poker nit!

Tight is right innit.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 24, 2014, 04:44:27 PM »

He's a huge poker nit!

Tight is right innit.

Click to see full-size image.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 30, 2014, 03:44:01 PM »

Strongest ever chess tournament now on in St Louis. It's a corker!

Barely any draws and the games are absolutely mad.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 31, 2014, 11:27:25 PM »

Strongest ever chess tournament now on in St Louis. It's a corker!

Barely any draws and the games are absolutely mad.

Been watching. It's nuts.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2002 on: September 02, 2014, 05:04:54 PM »

The UKIPT Isle of Man in a month's time is trying out a Chess/Poker hybrid tournament. I was probably going to go for UKIPT anyway, and if I do then I will definitely try out this tournament.

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/tournaments/ukipt/2014/poker-and-chess-in-one-tournament-at-uki-150689.shtml
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 03, 2014, 02:10:13 AM »

Caruana's now on 6/6.  His current live rating has surpassed Vladimir Kramnik's highest ever live rating, that fact caught me a little off guard as Vlad sets a high benchmark.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 03, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »

Caruana's now on 6/6.  His current live rating has surpassed Vladimir Kramnik's highest ever live rating, that fact caught me a little off guard as Vlad sets a high benchmark.

He's having an absolute stormer, no question. Technically, his rating performance for this tournament is infinite; until he fails to win a game, it's incalculable. Carlsen hasn't looked the same player, but that's hardly surprising, given all the brouhaha at the moment over the World Championship (for those who don't know, the international chess federation, FIDE, has said Carlsen needs to sign the contract to agree to play the World Championship match in Sochi, Russia, or he'll forfeit his title. Sochi is very close to Crimea and Carlsen isn't happy with a lot of parts of the contract. FIDE has been very firm in its stance, albeit allowing Carlsen a one week extension to put pen to paper - that's still requiring him and his people to negotiate during this competition)

It's been one of the great tournaments in recent memory and some truly magnificent games to go through. Go through them through websites like Chessbase, if you haven't already. Analysis is fantastic.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 03, 2014, 07:43:18 AM »

The UKIPT Isle of Man in a month's time is trying out a Chess/Poker hybrid tournament. I was probably going to go for UKIPT anyway, and if I do then I will definitely try out this tournament.

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/tournaments/ukipt/2014/poker-and-chess-in-one-tournament-at-uki-150689.shtml

Looks fantastic fun. Mickey Adams and MVL are fantastic coups. Adams was once as high as world number four. He's now in the pack of players between 10 and 30 that shuffles each month. MVL is in that, too.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 03, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »

He's having an absolute stormer, no question. Technically, his rating performance for this tournament is infinite; until he fails to win a game, it's incalculable. Carlsen hasn't looked the same player, but that's hardly surprising, given all the brouhaha at the moment over the World Championship (for those who don't know, the international chess federation, FIDE, has said Carlsen needs to sign the contract to agree to play the World Championship match in Sochi, Russia, or he'll forfeit his title. Sochi is very close to Crimea and Carlsen isn't happy with a lot of parts of the contract. FIDE has been very firm in its stance, albeit allowing Carlsen a one week extension to put pen to paper - that's still requiring him and his people to negotiate during this competition)

It's been one of the great tournaments in recent memory and some truly magnificent games to go through. Go through them through websites like Chessbase, if you haven't already. Analysis is fantastic.

Could anyone post a link to any of these games? Provides an un-necessary ( but very welcome) distraction at work.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 03, 2014, 06:04:16 PM »

Could anyone post a link to any of these games? Provides an un-necessary ( but very welcome) distraction at work.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/sinquefield-06-he-cannot-be-stopped Be warned, there's a lot to look at and think about in the Caruana game alone.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 03, 2014, 06:56:47 PM »

Tal, try to stay calm!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 03, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »

Tighty was, as ever, first to the floor:

Competitive chess and world-ranked players will return to the Isle of Man in October when the PokerStars Isle of Man International Chess Tournament takes place in the Villa Marina in Douglas.

The top Grandmaster in the UK - Michael Adams - is scheduled to play, guaranteeing that the chess world's attention will be fixed on the event. Adams, once a World Championship runner-up, is currently among the world's top 20 players.

"It's good to see the Isle of Man returning to the international chess circuit and I'm looking forward to playing there for the first time," Adams said.

The PokerStars Isle of Man International Chess Tournament will take place from 4-12 October, 2014. PokerStars has supported Isle of Man chess for many years and has a history of sponsoring chess globally, noting similarities in the strategic thinking and skills demonstrated by poker players and chess players.

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/corporate_blog/2014/pokerstars-isle-of-man-international-che-146483.shtml

I won't be in attendance, but good luck to those who do make the trip. Report ITT please!

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: