blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273125 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Poker Bay - My Business Plan. Market Research.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Bay - My Business Plan. Market Research.  (Read 19653 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »

regarding the name poker bay -

it's a torrent site for poker shows

There's no issues between myself and "the poker bay". I have been in touch with people over there.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but poker bay is already in use I think

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »

Hi Alex, I like the idea.
Im sure you would have had to have a lot of custom coding for the website for the functions you are mentioning, has the coding been completed?
Having just done few minutes of research in Google Keyword Tools, it seems Poker Staking and similar terms are Low search terms which is never great if you are looking for volume, thats not saying low volume terms can not create good returns but you can get an idea of how popular things are from this.
It is a Niche Site and you would be looking for repeat customers so thats ok too, it maybe a case of having no fees for the first year or 50% off fees to build a customer base.

You must be close to being ready to go so why not give it a year, and see what happens?
If it does not work out I am sure you will be able to sell it on any way.

Best of luck!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »

You must be close to being ready to go so why not give it a year, and see what happens?
If it does not work out I am sure you will be able to sell it on any way.

I agree with this if the continue costs aren't going to be much more than the stop costs. Obv only you can decide this.

Generally businesses mainly succeed because the people behind them really care and are driven to do well. Pretty much like you've done in the last 18 month with your poker career.

I think the general business idea is OK but will definitely need some tweaking and a lot of plugging on a world wide scale as the UK market probably isn't big enough.

All the best with whichever way you go.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:44:36 PM by bobAlike » Logged

Ah! The element of surprise
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2012, 03:42:03 PM »

Hi Alex, I thinks its admirable that you are so passionate about expanding your portfolio into business, It is very easy to envisage the dream when all you have to do is X Y and Z and you insta have a nice little business. Soon your receiving accollades from all around, Rob Yong is calling you up for advice on his next venture and your presented with the key to the city of Nottingham. However in reality there are so many things that someone new to any industry or business jus could not not forsee. No matter who you are, or however intelligent, and no matter how well you think you have covered all bases there will be un forseen problems, headaches, circumstances, situations and costs. I am not encouraging you to give up, but I would encourage you to seek as much advice and help as possible. If you truly believe it can work then go for it while you are young and with few commitments but I would seek help and investment from some sort of venture capitalist, knock on as many doors as possible and get as much help as poss. Didnt John Tabbattabbatti Tabatatbatbaiaii TabbyTabby tabattyboi the 1 who finished 2nd in wsope set up some sort of auction? Although diff he may be able to give ideas of set up costs, running cost, overheads etc. If you decide to do it you need to protect yourself as much as possible and for this I think getting backed is your best way. Also if you do go ahead you need to commit to it fully which again will prob means less poker. Are you really prepared to do this? And finally .... someone else mentioned it earlier but there are many other industries/opportunities that have been tried and tested that are not going to cause you as many as many headaches as this and it woud not be a bad reflection on yourself if you decided there are better and easier opportunities in which to invest. Gud luck whatever you decide
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »

I had quite a few fairly well known pros lined up to be "Team Poker Bay", where they sold all their action on the site for free. That would attract buyers because they are sickos, and they'd be OK using the site as they'd hopefully get higher markup than if they sold elsewhere.

If Bramms 60k package sold at 0.05 higher than the 1.x he sold on blonde, then that's $3k he's made by using the site. I'm sure these players wouldn't mind giving Poker Bay a few hundred bucks in commision/fees for this sort of price difference.

That of course all relys on there being plenty of liquidity in the buyers market of course so prices get high enough for pros to be interested. At the moment, it seems  it's a buyers market-  nothing doesn't sell out, somethings sell out in minutes so that suggests to me that on the whole, people would sell for higher with an auction.

That is not to say I think the business will work, I've read all the replies and I guess I agree with the general consensus that it WON'T, as sad as it makes me.

You haven't said why your site will yield higher prices for sellers than existing places that people sell like blonde and 2+2.

Blonde market is great for sellers because of the amount of recreational players and poker enthusiasts who really have no clue about staking and snap up so much stuff at bad value.

I can see the people signing up for a specific auction site being a bit more savvy about poker.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2012, 04:11:53 PM »

I had quite a few fairly well known pros lined up to be "Team Poker Bay", where they sold all their action on the site for free. That would attract buyers because they are sickos, and they'd be OK using the site as they'd hopefully get higher markup than if they sold elsewhere.

If Bramms 60k package sold at 0.05 higher than the 1.x he sold on blonde, then that's $3k he's made by using the site. I'm sure these players wouldn't mind giving Poker Bay a few hundred bucks in commision/fees for this sort of price difference.

That of course all relys on there being plenty of liquidity in the buyers market of course so prices get high enough for pros to be interested. At the moment, it seems  it's a buyers market-  nothing doesn't sell out, somethings sell out in minutes so that suggests to me that on the whole, people would sell for higher with an auction.

That is not to say I think the business will work, I've read all the replies and I guess I agree with the general consensus that it WON'T, as sad as it makes me.

You haven't said why your site will yield higher prices for sellers than existing places that people sell like blonde and 2+2.

Blonde market is great for sellers because of the amount of recreational players and poker enthusiasts who really have no clue about staking and snap up so much stuff at bad value.

I can see the people signing up for a specific auction site being a bit more savvy about poker.

Care to give us some examples    Cheesy
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »

also they can still do auction on blonde with similar client base, so why would they go to the site?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »

obviously not.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »

obviously not.

Your no fun these days  Sad
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2012, 04:28:02 PM »

obviously not.

Your no fun these days  Sad

I mean blonde is a great community - I've bought several pieces in people that haven't been value because they are friends, I want to help them play the event and want to funk for them. The chance of a return is a great bonus. I wouldn't pay a site a fee for that though.

@GreekStein on twitter.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »

I'm prolly the most clueless twat on here ,I was happy to buy a bit of mitch stato Ryan Michelle n James purely because I like them and they have good form ,plus it's a bit of interest ,I was happy with the price right or wrong ,iwas happy is the most important part to me
Would I have been happy to part with a % for a middle man ?
No is the answer
But gl Alex
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »

The idea sounds nice in theory but always for someone else to do.

Do that many tournaments that are Hendon Mob tracked actually give full entrants lists? I know WSOP do and I think WPT but others might not? It could become hard to track if people played or not and if only a few different series give entrants lists then that limits you even more. Time consuming if it is on you to track people saying they've busted and if they've actually entered too.

pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:07 PM »

Someone else as in not me... I'm sure you would be great Smiley
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »

That of course all relys on there being plenty of liquidity in the buyers market of course so prices get high enough for pros to be interested. At the moment, it seems  it's a buyers market-  nothing doesn't sell out, somethings sell out in minutes so that suggests to me that on the whole, people would sell for higher with an auction.

Care to give us some examples    Cheesy

obviously not.
I would of thought the seller pays the fees not people buying a piece?
Your no fun these days  Sad

I mean blonde is a great community - I've bought several pieces in people that haven't been value because they are friends, I want to help them play the event and want to funk for them. The chance of a return is a great bonus. I wouldn't pay a site a fee for that though.

I would imagine the seller pays the fees?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:23:47 PM by Tractor » Logged

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: