blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ryder Cup!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup!  (Read 36695 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: October 01, 2012, 12:34:20 PM »

Ok, we won and everything, but does anyone else think that Love was still the better captain?

He made the big call to drop Woods on Sat morning, Olazabal didn't drop the equally poor Westwood, who let Colsaerts take on Stricker/Woods on his own on Friday afternoon, then got ripped apart on Sat morning (albeit Bradley/Mickleson played amazing in that match). Europe only came good on the Sunday, which is the day the captain has least influence, as everyone plays (especially when 4 points down - not much else to do other than frontload your team with the big guns and hope it creates momentum (Monty's favourite word))

The thing which seems to have essentially been Olazabal's advantage was simply that he was Spanish and so closely associated with Seve, so it was the constant reminder of Seve that he gave the players that would have been the inspiration to the performance.

I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the post-match interviews but I would imagine that the European players mentioned Seve more than they did Olazabal.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2012, 12:36:12 PM »

It's most probs the only event I could not watch towards the end. I was so nervous my wife was texting me from upstairs to watch it Smiley

One thing I noticed was how well Europe won in terms of not over celebrating, rubbing the yanks faces in it. So much respect shown for each other and the teams.

I want the gonads of Poulter, man I freeze when an old man and his dog see me tee off let alone 10000's.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »

Loves decision to "rest" Bradley and Mickelson to save them for the singles after they were 3 and 0 on Saturday afternoon was a shocker imo. Results orientated obviously but he rests them, plays Woods and Stricker- they lose, Europe get back in and both Mickleson and Bradley lose their singles. No idea how the media isnt all over this decision
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 01, 2012, 12:40:19 PM »

was it not the case that Mickelson asked to be rested as his back was giving trouble and he felt he couldn't play the 4th round in two days?

Olazabal made the worse decision, I would suggest, leaving out Poulter on the first afternoon, a decision made before the Friday morning

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 01, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »

I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the post-match interviews but I would imagine that the European players mentioned Seve more than they did Olazabal.

This wasn't the case from the interviews I saw, they all spoke about what a motivational captain he was and the belief he gave them going into Sunday.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 01, 2012, 12:42:45 PM »

Love had already stated he wasnt playing any players 4 times as in the past it had affected their singles performances. Even if Mickleson was injured Stricker didnt make a putt all weekend, resting Bradley is just as bad a decision when is 3 and 0
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 01, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »

Loved it, even the wife who despises me having the golf on TV asked who had won in the end. Must have been how much i was into it made here realise it was something different.

Brilliant.

Best performance was Rose beating mickleson i thought, unreal last 3 holes he played.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2012, 01:22:16 PM »

Best performance was Rose beating mickleson i thought, unreal last 3 holes he played.

The highlight of the day for me was when Rose sank that huge putt (17?) and Mickleson just turns away shaking his head in amazement.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »

Love had already stated he wasnt playing any players 4 times as in the past it had affected their singles performances. Even if Mickleson was injured Stricker didnt make a putt all weekend, resting Bradley is just as bad a decision when is 3 and 0

mickleson said in interview he told love not to change plans on the sat monring 10th tee not to change plans as he and bradley were drained
love was thinking of changing his mind from resting them to playing them

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 01, 2012, 03:55:43 PM »

The idea Woods conceded that putt to Molinari was a great act of sportsmanship is ridiculous beyond words.

If Molinari needed that putt to make it 14-14 it's infinity to one Tiger would have given it to him.

14-14 was the same as 14.5-13.5 to the Americans, they don't win the cup with either score. I think Tiger just wanted to get off the course asap.

Why isn't the cup shared if it's 14-14?

(The same thing applies when Jack Nicklaus gave Tony Jacklin that putt.. again it made no difference to who lifted the cup)

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 01, 2012, 03:57:40 PM »

The highlight of the day for me was when Rose sank that huge putt (17?) and Mickleson just turns away shaking his head in amazement.

The Mickelson v Rose game was amazing throughout.

Both played absolutely stunning golf.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:04:58 PM by The Camel » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:48 PM »

The idea Woods conceded that putt to Molinari was a great act of sportsmanship is ridiculous beyond words.

If Molinari needed that putt to make it 14-14 it's infinity to one Tiger would have given it to him.

14-14 was the same as 14.5-13.5 to the Americans, they don't win the cup with either score. I think Tiger just wanted to get off the course asap.

(The same thing applies when Jack Nicklaus gave Tony Jacklin that putt.. again it made no difference to who lifted the cup)

You do realise I was joking, right?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 01, 2012, 06:53:13 PM »

Best hangover ever

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 01, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »

You do realise I was joking, right?

Didn't see you post on the subject mate.

Just responding some of the rubbish I've seen on twitter and in reports today.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 01, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »

i bloody love the ryder cup
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: