blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The True Rastafish Story - No Frills
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The True Rastafish Story - No Frills  (Read 65219 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2012, 06:13:18 PM »

Diary lost steam quicker than I expected Sad
what happened to Tikays and Reds. You are a one man army Alex, posting regular, running books, winning comps and travel updates Smiley

easy when you run like goulder
i certainly would not back Bolt in a running race with Alex Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »

I'm here. Been away for a while, but here again!!

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

http://www.facebook.com/colburn.tomlin

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2012, 05:36:22 PM »

Great story so far fish. Keep it coming. Played with you a couple of times at dtd. Always entertaining.
Question - Chaka Demus & pliers or Aswad??
Aki.

Aswad! I knew them from when they were making music with the island record company

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »

Check your PM's please Mr Bling.

Replied

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2012, 05:38:08 PM »

Diary lost steam quicker than I expected Sad

I'm a steam train just refilling my cargo

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »

Next part of my diary will be up tomorrow late! Much Love!

I Kill Dem!!!
Eirrabs

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2012, 01:02:24 PM »

In early 1990's I saw a band in Barbados called Splashband led by a guy called Biggie Irie. To this day a memorable live music experience. Heard of them?
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »

Next part of my diary will be up tomorrow late! Much Love!
Im a big fan song is quite apt also.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2012, 10:52:05 PM »

Just drove to Sheffield and had this tune blasting in my head the whole way there and back. Hooks.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »

Winning never came easy, I was in a foreign town and out of my comfort zone, I knew very few people and I wasn’t winning.  Night after night I would get rivered, I would make bad calls and when I was right, they would get there on the turn or the river.  The stress of staying failing got me thinking about my decision to move.

People that don’t gamble wouldn’t understand the stress of trying to stay afloat, trying to pay the bills with the spoils of gambling.  I mean how are you going to explain to someone that you can’t afford buy a Mc Donald’s meal but can somehow sit on a table with £100.  They just don’t understand.

Borrowing is a big part of a gamblers life. Any gambler that says he never borrowed must have been born a millionaire. Because I wasn’t winning I started borrowing from a few people on the regular.  Now having debts at home and also having debts in the club that you play in isn’t a good thing, the pressure of the game when you don’t have a bankroll but have this love and belief in the game is hard to describe.  It makes all your decisions harder and it turns normal situations into massively awkward ones.

Gambling is such an egotistical profession; even losing gamblers think they have a chance.  The euphoria of that one win makes you forget all the times you lost all the times that your opponent got their, all the times that you had to ask for money not knowing when you could pay it back.  Gambling when you’re losing is like hitting your head a against a brick wall and expecting the brick wall to fall, not your head to get bruised. 
But the Euphoria??? There’s nothing that comes close, hitting that case card on the river, making the right call even though it meant your tournament life, there’s nothing like being right, there’s nothing that comes close, Poker can make and break men with the flip of a card…

Now going back to borrowing, there were few people in the club that were always good to me and I’ll always be grateful, some of whom didn’t realize the situation that I was in.

I’ve made some great friends through poker, people that I would never have spoken to or had anything in common with if I wasn’t a poker player.  I think that’s part of the draw with poker.  The social aspect, I’ve always a character, no matter what I’ve done or where I’ve been I’ve always made friends and had people around me, poker is no exception and I feel truly blessed and humbled in knowing that some of my best friends are poker players.   

So it was a mixture of the people that I met and the relationships I built that helped me stick to my decision to stay in Nottingham..

I Kill Dem!!!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »

This post is so true. I love life being a roller coaster.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »

This weekend was a little whirlwind, I made a bad a bad move, I raised pre flop with AQ the flop 57Q the geezer bets I raise he goes all in I call he's got pocket 7's and I'm dead, we all make mistakes.. I did kill dem in the Super 50.  Chopped it three ways I was chip leader I had 902000 closest geezer had 500k club was closing so we dealt, so made my money back

Off to Blackpool this weekend to play the £1000 GUKPT

Anyone want to come along give me a call or mail on FB.

I'm also going to be selling 30% of myself in the main at 1.3 if anyone wants any action get in touch...

Here's my hendonmob

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=161375
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:41:08 PM by RastaColburn » Logged

I Kill Dem!!!
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »

Great post mate.

How did you feel on the whole about borrowing money? Was it from people you'd recently met or older friends? Do you think you'd be as successful had you not borrowed at all?
permanentquandary
DTD Dealer: Adam

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2012, 05:50:07 AM »

Dear Mr Rastafish,

1. Who is your favourite DDT dealer and why?

2. In my experience, typical players assess the dealer on his/her abilities to give them good cards and their opponents slightly worse cards. The proper assessment of course is how well the dealer does their job properly: distributing cards, accuracy, efficiency, speed, how often they make errors, their demeanour/attitude, refraining from extraneous conversation with players, refraining from strategy discussion, neutrality, confidence, service, focus, ability to control players courteously, handling of awkward/irregular poker table situations etc. My second question is thus. Ignoring the 'gives me good cards' factor, what does The Fish look for in a dealer in a professional sense that makes the dealer in The Fish's wise mind a good dealer?

3. Any comments on DDT dealers/floorpersons in general also welcome. Any things you think could be improved upon?

4. What nicknames do you have for each dealer?

5. Do you think you will ever get into playing other poker variants such Omaha, Stud or Draw and their High/Low or Lowball counterparts? What experience, if any, do you have with other variants and betting structures (fixed limit, pot limit, spread limit) alternative to no limit?

Sincerely yours,
Giraffe Neck.

PS

Sorry about flipping over your mucked hand that time in that cash game, it was truly involuntary, I have no interest in your hand as a dealer unless you turn it over to lay claim to a pot! Please don't Kill me!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 05:54:29 AM by permanentquandary » Logged

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2012, 10:01:48 AM »

Well done yesterday Mr Ocean

£150 at DTD

1    Colburn Tomlin    £5,221.50

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside