blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:29:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The True Rastafish Story - No Frills
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The True Rastafish Story - No Frills  (Read 65228 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »

Well done yesterday Mr Ocean

£150 at DTD

1    Colburn Tomlin    £5,221.50

yeah hang on a bit, we could be on for a diary update Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Foxy-86

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »

Just found this.... Love da fish  Kiss

The best there is at getting it in ahead on my exit hand
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »

Dear Mr Rastafish,

1. Who is your favourite DDT dealer and why?

2. In my experience, typical players assess the dealer on his/her abilities to give them good cards and their opponents slightly worse cards. The proper assessment of course is how well the dealer does their job properly: distributing cards, accuracy, efficiency, speed, how often they make errors, their demeanour/attitude, refraining from extraneous conversation with players, refraining from strategy discussion, neutrality, confidence, service, focus, ability to control players courteously, handling of awkward/irregular poker table situations etc. My second question is thus. Ignoring the 'gives me good cards' factor, what does The Fish look for in a dealer in a professional sense that makes the dealer in The Fish's wise mind a good dealer?

3. Any comments on DDT dealers/floorpersons in general also welcome. Any things you think could be improved upon?

4. What nicknames do you have for each dealer?

5. Do you think you will ever get into playing other poker variants such Omaha, Stud or Draw and their High/Low or Lowball counterparts? What experience, if any, do you have with other variants and betting structures (fixed limit, pot limit, spread limit) alternative to no limit?

Sincerely yours,
Giraffe Neck.

PS

Sorry about flipping over your mucked hand that time in that cash game, it was truly involuntary, I have no interest in your hand as a dealer unless you turn it over to lay claim to a pot! Please don't Kill me!

Hello Giraffe Neck

Who's my favorite dealer...? it's definitely not you... They're all good for apart from an exceptional few, which you're part of. 

What makes a dealer a good dealer? Their demeanor, I usually get a feeling from different people, sometimes I good feelings sometimes negative feelings and neutral feelings from other dealers.  Sometimes I'm wrong sometimes I'm right, but sometimes I'm wrong.  It also helps if they're professional, respectful and know what they're doing.

I have too many nicknames for dealers haha

Other variants? Well I'm doing well at Holdem and in my experience when you're doing well at something you should stick to it.. Also if I'm learning how to play other variants I'm paying for the pleasure.

I know you didn't mean it man.. It was a spontaneous move you made, now you should have more compassion when players make mistakes, because you're a stickler for the rules.  No I don't know whether to call you Giraffe neck or Stickler.

Much love brother

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

http://www.facebook.com/colburn.tomlin

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »

Great post mate.

How did you feel on the whole about borrowing money? Was it from people you'd recently met or older friends? Do you think you'd be as successful had you not borrowed at all?

Borrowing money in just part of Poker culture, if I hadn't borrowed money I would have been successful anyway because it's in my nature.  I mostly borrowed off people I knew

Much love brother

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2012, 03:21:40 PM »

Well done yesterday Mr Ocean

£150 at DTD

1    Colburn Tomlin    £5,221.50

Thank you brother.

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »

Just found this.... Love da fish  Kiss

Much love to you!

I Kill Dem!!!
discomonkey

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »

just found this and much love for it

never met the fish personally but based on the amount of people in this thread and the stories i have heard seems like a legend

wp RF
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2012, 04:57:52 PM »

more stories please

Just me
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »

Whats your nickname for me Mr Fish? Smiley
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »

J

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »

J
K

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2012, 04:30:54 AM »

LMNOP?

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2012, 12:50:32 AM »

Great post mate.

How did you feel on the whole about borrowing money? Was it from people you'd recently met or older friends? Do you think you'd be as successful had you not borrowed at all?

Borrowing money in just part of Poker culture, if I hadn't borrowed money I would have been successful anyway because it's in my nature.  I mostly borrowed off people I knew

Much love brother

How's my credit bro'?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »

just found this and much love for it

never met the fish personally but based on the amount of people in this thread and the stories i have heard seems like a legend

wp RF

Much Love Brother

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »

Joe 90... you asked me the other day and I've been thinking about it, the best name for you is a bigger Joe 90, if you're old enough to remember....

I Kill Dem!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: