blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:53:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat  (Read 249908 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 30, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »

Good signing Boyd for Palace I think.  They looked a little stale to me the last month or so with the Zaha situation and this might be the injection they need to get them playing back at their early season levels.  Think they still need cover for Murray though?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 30, 2013, 10:37:46 AM »

Boyhood Palace fan too Boyd, like the way Holloway is shaping the side.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »

Good signing Boyd for Palace I think.  They looked a little stale to me the last month or so with the Zaha situation and this might be the injection they need to get them playing back at their early season levels.  Think they still need cover for Murray though?

We're allegedly in for Ebanks Blake for £1m and have a funny feeling we are going to sign him up at the 11th hour, also looking at Bristol City's Albert Adomah for £2.5m but this one doesn't look as likely, as a long term replacement for Zaha.

One of our chairmen has just come out to say Mile Jedinak is going nowhere which is a relief if true. I mean he is Crystal Palace quite frankly and I think you guys are going to be shocked at what he is about when the cameras are on him for the Watford game.

If we get Boyd and Ebanks-Blake in, we would have all bases covered nicely, aside from Peter Ramage's place in the starting line up.

I wouldn't mind someone coming in for a late bid if any of you guys can convince your club chairmen? Just tell them he is great at creating chances, and his link up play is very good............for the opposing side.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »

Ant give it a rest with the Peter Ramage bashing will you.
Last season when he was on loan with us we were in great form and reached the league cup semi finals, once he left our form dipped while Birmingham's improved when he went there.

This season he has more than played his part in the run we had earlier this season.  Okay he may not be a great ball playing centre half but he does the job he is meant to do.

I have been to the majority of games this season and am struggling to remember too many goals that have been his fault.

Teams that win promotion need the likes of players like Ramage as much as the Zaha's and Murray's.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »

Ant give it a rest with the Peter Ramage bashing will you.
Last season when he was on loan with us we were in great form and reached the league cup semi finals, once he left our form dipped while Birmingham's improved when he went there.

This season he has more than played his part in the run we had earlier this season.  Okay he may not be a great ball playing centre half but he does the job he is meant to do.

I have been to the majority of games this season and am struggling to remember too many goals that have been his fault.

Teams that win promotion need the likes of players like Ramage as much as the Zaha's and Murray's.

I rarely bash players and am regretting this one a little bit. I am trying for it to be in decent jest but can see how it is sort of going a bit too far.

I am frustrated more by the manager than him to be perfectly honest. I think even when Blake is fit he wont be picked in front of Ramage despite outplaying him when taking his place partnering Delaney against Bolton and Wolves away when they were two of the toughest matches we had played.

Gabiddon when fit needs to walk ahead of him too. I just have a feeling he is our first choice centre back with Delaney and I am angry by that.

I think though, Ramage always gives 100% and could never doubt his heart. He comes across as a nice bloke too, who really likes the club and the fans, but I think he is a major liability when we have better options available. Granted Gabiddon and Blake are currently unavailable but when they are in a couple of weeks time, Ramage should be dropped quickly.

I too go to most of the games Matt and have said that you only really notice how badly he affects the team, when someone is in his place and we look so much better. Case in point would be the Burnley home game which I hope you were at.

We went 2-1 in the first half with Ramage and Delaney centre half. We looked incredibly shaky at the back and despite a rousing end to the half with a goal from Zaha, we were always looking liable to conceding more. Then at half time Blake and Ramage swap positions with Blake playing right back in the first half (granted he wasn't very good at RB in the first half but I think he should only be played at CB).

We then win the second half 3-1. With our defense completely on top of Burnley without them creating any chances for themselves of note. Aside from an out and out Delaney mistake gifting Austin a goal. This wasn't an isolated incident though as the Blake/Delaney partnership was rock solid in the Bolton and Wolves games. Our defense was absolutely superb, to be frank.

All I am going to say here is, if Holloway notices it and brings in Blake/Gabiddon (when available) in for Ramage, you will realise too that we look better off without him.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »

BTW any chance of a player report on Jacob Butterfield from any knowing parties please?
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 30, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »

How do you get to your conclusions about palace players V rest of league? Seems you haven't heard of or seen 90% of the players in this league.....

Agree with you on Ramage, last season at Amex you would have lost 3 or 4 nil, subbed Parr on for Ramage, and it changed the game entirely.

Albert won't join whilst hes at the ACON, likely in the summer though.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2013, 01:33:11 PM »

My knowledge of a lot of players in this league is pretty poor.

I gauge how good our players are by watching the highlights of other teams and rating them alongside what I have seen of our players.

I find the best way though is to see it for yourself on matchdays.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »

Albert won't join whilst hes at the ACON, likely in the summer though.

Missed this point, ty.

Was wondering how Ulloa is going to fit into your team now in the league? Will he be partnering CMS up front? And what formation do you play?
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 30, 2013, 02:24:27 PM »

My knowledge of a lot of players in this league is pretty poor.

I gauge how good our players are by watching the highlights of other teams and rating them alongside what I have seen of our players.

I find the best way though is to see it for yourself on matchdays.

Fair enough but there are plenty of other players that match Jedinak in this league (r Austin, Bailey (not playing much this season), Mchechran, Bridcutt, Drinkwater).

Ulloa will just come straight in for CMS who is awful in our system, would be ideal for Leeds or Hull. He will be off in the Summer.

------------------Kuszczak----------------
Bruno-----Greer---------El Abd----Bridge
-------------------Bridcutt----------------
----Lopez--------Orlandi------Barnes
----------Buckley-------------------------
--------------------Ulloa---------------------

Bruno and Lopez la liga regulars for Valencia and Bilbao up to mid point of last season
Orlandi Barca B/one app for Barca, always been injured
Centre backs are both awfully slow, and needs improving

Bench is very strong

Calderon (la liga experience)
Dunk (on trial atm but was in eng u21 squad last year)
Crofts (welsh int, prem experience)
Hammond (Soton captain won champ with last year)
Dobbie (was good, now shit)
Hoskins (always injured)
Vicente (former la liga player of year, 35 caps for spain)
Lua Lua (awesome winger)
Dicker (bottom half champ player)
Mackail Smith (dont fit into our system)

Champ is too competitive, there are players from every team who would get into everyones squad.

Are you coming to Amex this season, think its sunday midday.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 30, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »

Tickets will be tough to come by as I am not a member or a season ticket holder. I am going to be busting a gut to get there though, heard the atmosphere when we were last there was great. I have been to a lot of Away games this season though which helps for buying for future away games, but not sure if i logged it in with my name Sad

So with that outfit you have listed, what are your aspirations for the side this season? How confident are you of playoffs?
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:21 PM »

It was silent from your fans until 60th minute, then was pretty loud, but Leeds by far loudest team to visit, on both occassions (Same number of away fans, literally twice as loud as any team).

Think we will end up 3 or 4 points short, unless we sign a top quality centre back. Top 2 next year without a doubt if keep hold of Buckley/Bridcutt. Although if Hull collapse and we beat them at home in a couple of weeks, 6th is possible, but won't have a chance in the play offs.

Cardiff and Leicester/Watford top 2.

Palarse, one of above, Mboro (had injuries lately) and then Hull or one of the teams down to about 11th.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2013, 03:02:12 PM »

All depends on how Ulloa fits in, if he starts producing then we can make playoffs without too much trouble imo, if he doesn't produce then we won't make it.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2013, 03:28:50 PM »

Major betting news regarding Chelsea is that a "major gamble" is taking place on Gus Poyet becoming the club's next manager.

Coral have duly suspended but BetVictor are still up with 3/1. Both firms were offering 25/1 this morning.

Sky Bet are in from 12/1 to 6/4 in the last half hour, while Stan James go 11/10 from 10/1. Former Chelsea star Poyet, currently in charge at Brighton, has duly replaced Jose Mourinho as the market leader.

Coral reported "a surge of bets online" including one of £1,000.

"When it comes to these markets there is rarely any smoke without fire and the sudden surge of bets on Poyet suggests something significant may have gone on in the Chelsea boardroom," said the firm's Simon Clare.

Current interim boss Rafael Benitez has shortened significantly in the Premier League 'sack race' market in recent days following the Blues' 2-2 FA Cup draw at League One Brentford on Sunday.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2013, 03:31:39 PM »

Major betting news regarding Chelsea is that a "major gamble" is taking place on Gus Poyet becoming the club's next manager.

Coral have duly suspended but BetVictor are still up with 3/1. Both firms were offering 25/1 this morning.

Sky Bet are in from 12/1 to 6/4 in the last half hour, while Stan James go 11/10 from 10/1. Former Chelsea star Poyet, currently in charge at Brighton, has duly replaced Jose Mourinho as the market leader.

Coral reported "a surge of bets online" including one of £1,000.

"When it comes to these markets there is rarely any smoke without fire and the sudden surge of bets on Poyet suggests something significant may have gone on in the Chelsea boardroom," said the firm's Simon Clare.

Current interim boss Rafael Benitez has shortened significantly in the Premier League 'sack race' market in recent days following the Blues' 2-2 FA Cup draw at League One Brentford on Sunday.

LOL @ Coral claiming to have laid a £1000 bet on Poyet.

They've missed a decimal point surely.

£10.00 surely.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 141 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: