blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:45:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 493027 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: July 02, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »

Bazza what you think Rob Cross has to do to get into the PL?

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: July 02, 2017, 04:45:35 PM »

A couple of deep runs on TV could be good enough, particularly if he takes some big scalps. Assuming they freshen it up with one or two new faces then Price and Gurney are probably at the front of that queue at the minute but I fancy Cross has a bit more about him.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: July 02, 2017, 06:45:30 PM »

yeh, I think Gurney is the better player at the moment but Price's UK Open final giving him the nod. Lots of chances to impress though!

Price is in Shanghai and Dubai masters and Gurney at vegas. Micheal Smith is on a serious resurgence at the moment and think he's gonna have a great shot at a PL return if he keeps things up.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: July 07, 2017, 12:01:00 PM »

anyone see that coming?

Was on the Garry -2.5 so he finished in minus legs for me!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: July 20, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »

Matchplaaayyyyyyyy Darts, starts saturday Smiley

MVG vs Bunting
Whitlock vs K. Anderson
Taylor vs Price
RVB vs Cullen

Lewis vs Beaton
Cross vs White
Chizzy vs King
Huybrechts vs Cullen

G.Anderson vs Kist
Gurney vs Benito van de Pas
Henderson vs Suljovic
Klaasen vs Pipe

Wright vs Wilson
Thornton vs Reyes
Wade vs Webster
Smith vs West

Interesting draw, nothing really jumps out from the outright market:

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/world-matchplay/world-matchplay-2017/winner

The path looks pretty set out for MVG again, Barney and Phil have to play each other (or lose) before he meets them, Q2 where his semi final comes from is wide open, you never know what you'll get from Lewis, Rob Cross is the man of the moment but totally unproved in long format games, chizzy has the easiest 2nd round game against one of two guys in very iffy form. You can't really say that Bunting > Whitlock/Anderson > Barney/Phil > Chizzy is a really easy path to the final for anyone but you can see him hosing it up pretty easily.

Garry's path doesn't like that bad either really, pretty straight forward opening game vs Kist, tricky 2nd round game vs Gurney or BvdP, gurney having a great year and kind of battered him in Vegas winning 7 straight from 4-1 and BvdP is also dangerous and having a decent yr, albeit a little inconsistent. Would fancy gurney for this one as things currently are. The other half of the quarter Suljovic/Henderson, Pipe/Klaasen, Mensur the stand out guy there but dont rule big hendo out of pulling off a little upset and if he does pipe vs klaasen isn't going to scare anyone as Pipe's form has been poor and major doubts over Klaasens wrist for the longer format games.

I think the most interesting 1/4 of the draw is the bottom, it doesn't look too tough for Peter Wright but James Wilson has put in some good performances on the euro/pro tour lately and Wright's form has really not been that great despite winning that euro tour he really wasn't that great that weekend, looks a bit out of focus and a little frustrated recently.

Cristo Reyes then Micheal Smith in particular, could prove to be a tricky run in for PW.

I think if I was gonna go for an outright bet I'd look to someone from Q4 and I think Micheal Smith 50/1 is the standout guy, 60-1 would be amazing but at 50s I think you could do worse. The 1/2 12 EW terms look good.

Anyone got any thoughts?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: July 20, 2017, 03:36:39 PM »

What a loaded draw given Taylor is slumping through the rankings and falls at 8 for this and Barney who never seems that bothered about his ranking falls at 9!  Even the non seeds are brutal.  Price is probably the best non seed in the field.  Anderson and Bunting are clearly no mugs either!  Cullen must be wondering how unlucky you can be to fall into that quarter!  Got to beat Barney, Taylor and MVG (the three greatest players of all time) just to make the semis!

Second quater is interesting because Jackpot always 'sweats up' at the venue and struggles with the extreme heat at times.  Wide open for me.  Wouldn't be lumping on Chis to get through with ease.  Relative 'home' event for Chisnall though living in St Helens so he can commute every day to the event rather than living away from home.

3rd quarter Ando looks to have a cake walk into the semis.  Tough to pick 7 easier opponents at this level in his quarter.  Ando looks proper max bet e/w material to me at 5/1 at betway.  He can't be a 5/2 poke to reach the final.  Impossible.  Just checked he is top price 7/4 to reach the final.  

Bottom quarter not much different to 3rd but at the prices i could back Wade! (can't believe i am saying this) if Snakebite is a bit out of form.  He loves the place and had many deep runs here.  Best match i ever saw live was his final v Taylor in 2012 when he just couldn't get over the line.  1/2 1,2 ew terms offered by some firms are a gift for players in the bottom half given how loaded the top half is.  

One last question.  How the fuck does big John Henderson keep qualifying for these events?  He is gash!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:55:59 PM by arbboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: July 21, 2017, 07:55:16 AM »

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Rankings.aspx

Rankings with 2015 matchplay results removed. 2 Most notable movers are James Wade down to 9 and Phil Taylor down to 11, this presents the very real possibility that Phil won't be in the top 8 after the mathplay and therefore wont be eligable to defend his Champions League of Darts title!

The good news for Phil Taylor is that the 5 guys below him in the top 16 are not likely to get anywhere near him, and he's only £11.5k off 8th.
Bad news is that of the 3 above him Jelle Klaasen has the easiest first round game despite fitness doubts, and Smith and Wade might well play each other in the second round which will mean one of them in the 1/4 where if Phil makes it there in the toughest 1/4 he'll be playing MVG. So chances of getting back look slim.

Fascinatingly, there's only £500 between 10,9,8, Klaasen looks like a reasonably short price to bust round 2, and if Wade can get past a very in form & dangerous Darren Webster then him and Micheal Smith could effectively have a shootout for the Champions League Spot! Smith will be very glad of the £500 head start as if Jelle does make it to the 1/4s he'll face Garry. Given how tricky Barney's draw is, and Peter Wright not in the best of form Smith will fancy a go at #7, luckily for Barney his top 8 spot looks pretty safe.

Don't think there's gonna be much movement either side of that bundle.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: July 24, 2017, 07:48:37 PM »

Back off holiday and ready for punting in my favourite event of the year.

We backing the wheelbarrows up on Rob Cross tonight?
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: July 24, 2017, 09:28:00 PM »

Back off holiday and ready for punting in my favourite event of the year.

We backing the wheelbarrows up on Rob Cross tonight?

I've backed White. Think the Cross hype train has got a bit carried away.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: July 24, 2017, 09:30:49 PM »

Yeah wheelbarrows on White at the prices, should be small favourite imo

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: July 25, 2017, 10:14:34 AM »

Full wheelbarrows after last night!

Any love for Reyes tonight vs Wright?

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/world-matchplay/peter-wright-v-cristo-reyes/winner

Wright averages 89 rd1 and looked very disjointed. Reyes knocked out the seeded Thornton, averaged 10, hit 5 180s and looked great. He played a fantastic match vs MvG at the Worlds this year as well and seems to be a player on the rise.

Value at 7/2?
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 25, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »

Full wheelbarrows after last night!

Any love for Reyes tonight vs Wright?

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/world-matchplay/peter-wright-v-cristo-reyes/winner

Wright averages 89 rd1 and looked very disjointed. Reyes knocked out the seeded Thornton, averaged 10, hit 5 180s and looked great. He played a fantastic match vs MvG at the Worlds this year as well and seems to be a player on the rise.

Value at 7/2?

11/10 + 3.5 legs

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/world-matchplay/peter-wright-v-cristo-reyes/handicaps
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: July 25, 2017, 10:26:27 PM »

This was the form you were supposed to show last year Daryl
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 25, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »

Incredible game!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: July 26, 2017, 07:15:17 AM »

Incredible game!

For someone I have tagged as pretty flaky his finishing was superb. 55% doesn't tell the full story. Apart from the 2nd leg of the match every leg he had a dart at a double in he won. He also only had 3 occasions where he reached a double in a visit and didn't take it and one of them was a 170. It was an absolute clinic on finishing
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: