blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:15:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 488394 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: July 29, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »

I think Gurney is a slam dunk bet at the prices, arguably been the best player in the tournament and PW's not been himself for weeks.

At a loss with the Lewis game, everything seems to be pointing toward a lewis handicap bet but a little scared about it.

Like the 6/5 on u28.5 legs Dave. Taylor going to blow Lewis away I reckon.

As regards to Gurney, it clearly means more to Gurney than anyone else. He is throwing darts and celebrating doubles like his life depends on it. My personal favourite is when he holds the pose after landing one - like cricketers do when they hit the cover drive. After his interview he got involved with the crowd and literally had tears in his eyes. Was awesome to see such raw emotion and to see how much it meant to him. That's not to say he's going to beat Wright but he is deffo a player on the rise and his attitude is much improved from where he nearly imploded vs Webby in the Worlds.

In a side-note, he had a fella in the VIP when he played Suljovic the other night who was literally sweating every single dart hard and sat right at the front where the families usually sit. We wondered if it was investor, boyfriend, close relative (brother) or just really good mate and couldn't work out which one it was?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: July 29, 2017, 12:13:53 PM »

Ha, incredible. Wonder who it was.

Think I need a bit more skin on the U28.5 legs, just no idea whats going to happen in this game, got punting trouble written all over it... The 180's line looks a bit off to me, Taylor heatered on the 180s yday but might be suffering from fatigue today, Lewis went totally off the boil yday, U16.5 @ 10/11 looks like the best bet on this game to me?

Gone Gurney +3.5, and Gurney outright, would go in a little further on +2.5 if you could get 2.25. Also think the 180's line on this game is off, PW's 180  stats are pretty strong but in recent weeks he's been hitting at a mensur-like pace, Gurney is an absolute monster but the lines 19.5 and the unders @ evens looks good to me.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: July 29, 2017, 12:23:13 PM »

Gurney comes across as a pretty smart guy and has probably realised he is in the easy half of the draw this week and knows this week could be his magical stepping stone into the top 5-10 in the rankings given how tight it is around the 5-16 spots, the fact he has no prize money to defend from 2 years ago and everything that goes along with it (easier draws in future ranking events/invite to the PL/increased sponsorship revenue).  He probably saw the draw and really got his head down practice wise before vegas and has really 'laid himself out' for this summer effort wise.  A good run in this event could be worth well in excess of £1m longer term career wise for him to crack the top 10 in the rankings.  It is much bigger than just the £115k prize money itself for someone like Gurney who doesn't want to be stuck around 13-16 in the rankings and constantly banging into the big boys in the last 16.  This gives him the opportunity to bypass the graveyard of that spot which so many other players get stuck in.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:27:52 PM by arbboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 29, 2017, 12:31:55 PM »

A win here defo worth £1m to gurney I agree.  If he can follow it up with more results then a lot more probably, he'd be a lock for the PL and all the series events, even with a final tbh.

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Rankings.aspx

Current rankings up to date with 2015 matchplay deducted and prize money up to the semi awarded. Crazy how Gurney stays 12th if he comes 2nd and goes 5th or 4th if he wins!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: July 29, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »

Even the jump to 12 from unseeded (outside the top 16) is a huge jump just to avoid the 13-16 graveyard.  Run into Chis/Lewis/Sujovic at the last 16/quarter final stages rather than big 3 which only helps enhance your ranking further moving forward.

By contrast G Price who had the draw from hell this year in Blackpool finds himself outside of the top 16 after this event looking in.  Price and Gurney were pretty identical ranking wise/potential wise.  Just shows you how much the luck of the draw is involved in darts at the top level and how much one event like this can change/hinder your income for the future.

Wade's time in the top 10 is probably over for good and i doubt we will see him in the PL again next year and moving forward.  Be interesting to see how motivated he is to try and get back into the big time once he falls out as he clearly isn't in love with the game.  He has very little money to defend for the rest of this year though up until the worlds.  He lost first round in Dublin in 2015 and 2nd round at Worlds in 2015/16.  Big 6 months for Wade to sort his ranking out.  Could easily see him retired in 2 years time.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:56:17 PM by arbboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 29, 2017, 01:13:13 PM »

Yeh, Wade's in big trouble. He doesn't have a huge amount of ranking money to defend between now and the worlds, and the money between 10 and 5 is tight so every chance he could find some form and run back up the rankings a little. He's playing so badly though I just can't see it happening, he's outside the top 16 in the pro tour as well so needs to qualify for all the euro's whilst pretty much everyone else who's clustered around him gets automatically.

I think Gerwyn Price has a lot of potential, he's a likeable character and got plenty of bottle, however he's a solid 92 average/35% doubles kind of player and it's just not good enough for top 16 these days, think he has a big edge on most people around him in the rankings cos of his image but needs to up his game to make to step up I think. Never seen the A* game from him that we've seen (in small phases admittedly) from Kim Huybrechts, Benito van de Pas, Ian White, Micheal Smith and that's the level he needs crack. Once he steps up and is consistently a 95 average 38% doubles guy then I think he'll be in the top 16 easily and will have a much easier run to the PL then people like Ian White who you could argue are much more deserving on merit.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 29, 2017, 08:45:15 PM »

Woeful, woeful stuff from Gurney. Horrible tournament.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: July 29, 2017, 08:48:55 PM »

BDO standard tonight.  Very poor.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: July 29, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »

Fkn painful to watch, so much so, have let the mrs have the remote to let her watch her shit programms
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: July 29, 2017, 09:09:51 PM »

Fkn painful to watch, so much so, have let the mrs have the remote to let her watch her shit programms

Grab the remote back for elstokeio
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: July 29, 2017, 09:11:29 PM »

Dreadful darts, but fascinating game at the end.

Well Daryl, you won't get a better chance than that to make the final of a major for a while. You got within 3.5 legs of your man though :#)

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: July 29, 2017, 09:12:16 PM »

Abs no idea what is gonna happen here

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: July 29, 2017, 09:17:35 PM »

I can't remember a tournament where I have found so many good spots and virtually every one has been turned over.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: July 29, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »

Abs no idea what is gonna happen here

Both average 110 and put on an all time classic.  Fingers crossed.  #wearestoke!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: July 29, 2017, 09:30:41 PM »

I can't remember a tournament where I have found so many good spots and virtually every one has been turned over.

Yep, we must have been on the same slip.  Spent the whole week betting stuff at 2.4 I'd make 1.95 and doing chunks every night.

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: