blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:26:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487845 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: October 09, 2017, 10:45:17 AM »

I mean when you're an Irish man in Ireland and the crowd is cheering for the Aussie....something gone wrong.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: October 09, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »

Max Hopp luckboxes a World Series Finals invite for no reason other than being German.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: October 09, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »

Max Hopp luckboxes a World Series Finals invite for no reason other than being German.

Would a little run of form get him into PL contention, seeing as there's a stop in Germany this year?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: October 09, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »

I'd personally have thought Martin Schindler would have a much better chance as hes had a pretty good year.

Hopp been very disappointing on the pro tour, almost certain not to make euro finals, might scrape in the players, almost defo wont be at the grand slam so really there's not many chances for Max to have a run of form.

I would think though that they wouldn't need too much excuse to stick one of the Germans in! Problem is though they will both get bashed up most weeks in this field. Germans go mental for Suljovic as he speaks german and they absolutely LOVE Peter Wright so I don't think there's too much worry about keeping German fans happy Smiley

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: October 09, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »

Would a little run of form get him into PL contention, seeing as there's a stop in Germany this year?

Yes without a doubt.  They would love to get him in there. The problem with that is he isn’t very good.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: October 09, 2017, 11:53:33 PM »

Hopp is on course to only get into the worlds on an invite

From wiki:
The field will consist of 72 players, 16 players into the preliminary round and 56 players straight into the first round. There has been a change to the qualifying criteria from recent editions of the tournament. Previously, the top four non-qualified European players from the Pro Tour Order of Merit would gain places at the championships; now the four places go to invites at the PDC's discretion.

He'll have to cash for over £10k in the the two remaining pro tour events to get in on prize money by my maths. Only £22k cashes so far this year!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: October 10, 2017, 10:11:09 AM »

Darts becoming so big in Germany now only a matter of time until they get a sicko imo.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: October 10, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »

From wiki:
The field will consist of 72 players, 16 players into the preliminary round and 56 players straight into the first round. There has been a change to the qualifying criteria from recent editions of the tournament. Previously, the top four non-qualified European players from the Pro Tour Order of Merit would gain places at the championships; now the four places go to invites at the PDC's discretion.

He'll have to cash for over £10k in the the two remaining pro tour events to get in on prize money by my maths. Only £22k cashes so far this year!

Changing the criteria is a joke. Hopp obv a lock to get one despite being hopeless all year. With the extensive European Tour now there’s no reason for it not to be done on merit.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2663 on: October 10, 2017, 12:32:29 PM »

PL tickets for Dublin sorted Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: October 10, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »

From wiki:

Changing the criteria is a joke. Hopp obv a lock to get one despite being hopeless all year. With the extensive European Tour now there’s no reason for it not to be done on merit.

Agree 100%

The pro tour is absolutely brutal, you in the top 16 in that you're doing something right - there's guys in the top 16 who done nothing majors but hold their rankings based on good showings in the pro tour (Ian White, Kim Huybrechts etc)

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: October 10, 2017, 05:34:27 PM »

Rob Cross bosses another Pro Tour event. When he gets used to the big stage he will be an animal.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: October 10, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »

Rob Cross bosses another Pro Tour event. When he gets used to the big stage he will be an animal.

Bazza what you think about him in the PL?  You think him getting in 2018 could fuck his confidence up if he gets bashed about for 16 weeks?

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: October 10, 2017, 06:44:30 PM »

Bazza what you think about him in the PL?  You think him getting in 2018 could fuck his confidence up if he gets bashed about for 16 weeks?

I’m not sure. He strikes me as being mentally strong. Also I’m not sure the PL will be as scary next year as it once was. Could be as many as 4 debutants. No Taylor and MVG, Anderson, Snakebite, Lewis not at their peaks (obviously that could change between now and the start). I’m still trying to figure out why i’m not on him at huge prices for the Worlds
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: October 10, 2017, 07:27:52 PM »

I’m not sure. He strikes me as being mentally strong. Also I’m not sure the PL will be as scary next year as it once was. Could be as many as 4 debutants. No Taylor and MVG, Anderson, Snakebite, Lewis not at their peaks (obviously that could change between now and the start). I’m still trying to figure out why i’m not on him at huge prices for the Worlds

Yeh, PW got his shot at the PL and did really well (was leading the table for a bit - actually ended up not making top 4 when he tailed off) but the confidence he got from that really propelled him to what he's ended up doing I think, could see the same thing happen to RC... I think he's a much better player than Stephan Bunting when he got demoralised in the PL and Micheal Smith was a bit young maybe.

I got some tiny money on at 125/1 and some more tiny money at 80/1 but he crashed into 66s everywhere pretty early in the year after his second pro tour win and this was before he was even a lock to be in the thing! He's 40-1 all over now and it's too short god dam it because mannnnnnn do I wanna back him big the WC even though he's totally unproven and it's the toughest format. Just fancy it Smiley

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: October 10, 2017, 07:36:25 PM »

He’s going to top the PC OOM in his debut year. Pretty remarkable.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: