blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 493853 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: October 06, 2017, 07:36:24 PM »

Don't mind backing Mensa from a set down after his previous slow starts. And let's big Hendo later on.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: October 07, 2017, 12:42:58 AM »

Outside MVG Taylor Lewis Wade RVB and Snakey i genuinly can't remember the last person to win a sky event?

Actualy, Thornton 2 years ago and snakey never actually won one

Scott Waites winning the Grand Slam in 2010 and before that John Part at the 2008 worlds!

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: October 07, 2017, 12:49:36 AM »

Do the big winners of a darts tournemnt sort out a few quid for the callers and markers out of their winnings?

Like tournament poker players tipping the dealers and floor staff when they cop a tournament.

I'd assume that they don't

It appears to be the same small team of callers and markers for all of the stage events whether its Minehead or Dubai so they must be on reasonable money?

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: October 07, 2017, 01:15:23 AM »

Outside MVG Taylor Lewis Wade RVB and Snakey i genuinly can't remember the last person to win a sky event?

Scott Waites winning the Grand Slam in 2010 and before that John Part at the 2008 worlds!

Waites in 2010 wasn't on Sky either so Part in 2008 vs Kirk Shepherd

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: October 07, 2017, 09:30:08 AM »

Anderson.....
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: October 07, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »

think Darts in changing

Before, as a to player (Lewis, Barny, Taylor, Wade) you'd be almost guarenteed a run to the 1/4s in any major, over half the field just couldn't really beat you. Nowadays though, 10#-30# in the rankings is just packed full of super solid guys, who play week in week out, turn up and don't play well and more often than not you'll get beat.

I like it.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: October 07, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »

Anderson.....

I assumed that Anderson wasn't a deliberate omission from buzz' list

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: October 07, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »

think Darts in changing

Before, as a to player (Lewis, Barny, Taylor, Wade) you'd be almost guarenteed a run to the 1/4s in any major, over half the field just couldn't really beat you. Nowadays though, 10#-30# in the rankings is just packed full of super solid guys, who play week in week out, turn up and don't play well and more often than not you'll get beat.

I like it.

Guys like Lewis and Wade are in bother. They aren’t a level above the pack nowadays, that combined with their lazy schedule means they are in real danger of dropping down the rankings quickly as those up and coming are grinding the tour week in week out. They are no longer able to cruise through to QF and SF every major to retain their ranking. If they want to remain top 10 players they are going to have to start working at it.

Whitlock just grabbed himself a provisional seat in the PL I think, confirms it if he gets the W.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: October 07, 2017, 06:30:25 PM »

Lewis is in big trouble, unless he picks up some form or gets lucky he's basically gtd to be out of the top 10 by the end of the season, and I think his place in the top 16 is under serious threat.  He's amazing to watch when he's on form, and he threw a 9 darter last yr but reality is that bad his final he's never done anything in the PL since his UK open win and world final he's done absolutely nothing in any major, he's practically non existent on the pro tour, doesn't play the euros... his guarenteed a PL spot 1 more year but after that I'm not so sure.

Gurney has stepped up and set himself apart from the world #10-#20 this year, guys like Kim Huybrechts, Benito van de Pas, Ian White Micheal Smith etc they hold their top 16 rankings by solid pro-tour work and never really do anything in any majors, means they never have chunky money to defend but at the same time without a big chunky cash in a major you'll never really break the world top #6. The pack thats chasing those spots now though is crazy competitive, Lewis/Wade (and Garry to a certain extent) hold the rankings above them based on major performances and benefit from easier draws as a result...but when those guys lose that privilege and sick back into that pack they are going to find themselves with a hell of a task to get it back.

Jelle Klaasen another one who needs to cash for £80k between now and the worlds to hold his current rank, he could find himself slipping out of the top 16 too - can't see a PL place for him this year on current form, and with RvB and MvG they dont need any more dutchmen! Whitlock had a sick start to the year winning a couple of UKO quals and did well on the pro tour, would think if he was to win he'd be a lock for a PL spot an would be relatively well deserved. Gurney is nailed on for a PL spot now I'm sure - he might even have a good chance of an auto world top 4 spot!!! Goes #6 if he wins this , high confidence and good form with no money to defend really between, with PT not playing either.

Think it's very very unlikely Corey Cadby gets a PL spot when he doesn't even have a tour card yet.  Think it would be kind of absurd to give someone who isn't on the tour a spot... Kim has been poor in all TV events this year (whipped in the PL, dissapointing in the UK/MP/GP unless he throws a final in somewhere he should be out on merit. However in a year where the competition between people thoroughly deserving seems a little thinner and his appeal to Belgium audience I can see him possibly clinging on.

Mvg/Wright/Garry/Lewis/Chizzy/RvB/Gurney/Mensur (if he accepts) are 100% imo.

Door is wide open for anyone who can step up net 12 weeks and step through it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:32:48 PM by SuuPRlim » Logged

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: October 07, 2017, 07:35:45 PM »

it will be interesting to see how Jackpot reacts if he was to dip outside the top 16.  He’s been so used to playing a light schedule for so long it will be tough to go back to the grind. He either does that though or he could find himself sliding down the rankings very quickly. No PL, no WS invites etc. His income will drop off a cliff unless  he does some hard work.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: October 07, 2017, 09:14:12 PM »

Daryl Gurney is acting like a total cock in this final!
Strutting around like the world owes him a favour then barging into Whitlock for no reason!
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: October 07, 2017, 11:02:16 PM »

I never realised he was such a bellend.

It's not even natural, it's so fake.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2652 on: October 08, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »

Decent headline on this story.

https://www.balls.ie/other-sports/daryl-gurney-simon-whitlock-grand-prix-final-incident-375292
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: October 08, 2017, 01:54:02 PM »

haha brilliant, ty

Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: October 08, 2017, 02:45:24 PM »

He's just made himself more of an idiot there.
He clearly made contact with Whitlock and if he didn't mean to would have apologised straight away.

And he didn't take his time because the crowd were booing, it was the other way round. The longer he waited and messed about the more he was booed.
I hope the crowd reality get on the petulant twats back at the worlds, and MVG or Gary give him a pasting.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: