blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487349 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: December 31, 2014, 04:49:49 PM »

Was told the players get 5k appearance money per leg which, I would imagine, is huge for those outside of the top 4/5

Even if i had a million in the bank, which probably only taylor does. Id still be desperate to get 5k to play 12 legs max of darts

Stupid money really that. Probably more than winning an off telly tourney.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 31, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »

That's quite some 'glorified exhibition tournament'

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 31, 2014, 04:59:52 PM »

The exhibition circuit is very profitable though isn't it?

An ex pro was playing at my local a good few years back he was hardly a massive name but he got £500 for the pleasure of it

Can only imagine it is a lot more £££ for them now

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 31, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »

does anyone that goes to a PDC Darts event actually watch the darts? (a cursory observation from looking on the tv)

I understand it must be a great social drinking night, songs, atmosphere etc...but what is it like in terms of watching the sport in detail?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 31, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »

does anyone that goes to a PDC Darts event actually watch the darts? (a cursory observation from looking on the tv)

I understand it must be a great social drinking night, songs, atmosphere etc...but what is it like in terms of watching the sport in detail?

I've never been to Ally Pally but I did go to the Lakeside about 20 years ago.

It was before the days of walk on music and crowd singing, but there was plenty of beer. Plenty of action at the tax free betting booth (we used to pay 9%) and plenty of abuse for the players we hadn't bet on.

A great night.

Got invited by Roland to Ally Pally this year, but it was too near to the evnet to arrange child care and transport down to London.

Turns out Jack Whitehall is mate of Roland and was on his table.

Hope I get an invite next year!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: December 31, 2014, 05:32:07 PM »

Been a couple of times.

You cant drink and sing and chant non stop, and you also cant watch the darts non stop. You end up doing bits of both until you are taken over by the other. Further back, the less you see etc, which means the concentration is even more easily distracted.

Couldn't do it more than once every few years, but still a great day each time.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 31, 2014, 05:45:29 PM »

Been a couple of times.

You cant drink and sing and chant non stop, and you also cant watch the darts non stop. You end up doing bits of both until you are taken over by the other. Further back, the less you see etc, which means the concentration is even more easily distracted.

Couldn't do it more than once every few years, but still a great day each time.

For the first time all tournament there was no singing at the business end of Taylor v Huybrechts. Seemed like the crowd were actually engrosed in the action for once.

So annoying when there is a key moment and the crowd start up with "Stand up if you love the darts". If you loved the darts you'd watch to see if the Pieman can check out this 108 to win the set you muppets.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 31, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »

LoL

Love The Camel!

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: December 31, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »

Really cant remember watching a single dart and couldnt actually tell you who we saw..only 2 years ago.

Was pretty interesting to see how stalinist it was withbouncers getting involved to quiet any off brand chanting.

Good night but deffo just a giant piss up (sorry, no better phrase) for most

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 31, 2014, 08:15:32 PM »

Really cant remember watching a single dart and couldnt actually tell you who we saw..only 2 years ago.

Was pretty interesting to see how stalinist it was withbouncers getting involved to quiet any off brand chanting.

Rework the old football song from the 70s.

"We all agree.....
 That Ladbrokes is better than Hills is!"

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 31, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »

Rework the old football song from the 70s.

"We all agree.....
 That Ladbrokes is better than Hills is!"

Reminds me of years ago when I worked for Ladbrokes in the shops and they asked me to manage the booths at Stamford Bridge.  The first time someone stood in front of the booth and sang "William hill, William hill, William hill" it was quite funny....not so much after the 16th time.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 01, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »

Anderson vulnerable tonight? Wright +1.5 is 5/4, I know he has had a bit of man flu but Gary has hardly been firing all cylinders.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 01, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »

Anderson vulnerable tonight? Wright +1.5 is 5/4, I know he has had a bit of man flu but Gary has hardly been firing all cylinders.

Was class in his last match, and the 2nd half of the match before then.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 01, 2015, 02:00:34 PM »

Anderson averaged 104.5 and 103 in his last 2 matches. I like him when he's looking a bit pissed off as he has been so far rather than the jokey all pals act that he sometimes has (usually against Taylor). I would fancy Anderson 5-2 or 5-3, should be a good game though.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 01, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »

I think Thornton looks big at 9/2.

Eye of the Tiger about him. Would be happy to then lay him should he win, but feel he maybe up to this tonight. Probs way off mark, but all about opinions.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: