blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:49:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487298 times)
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: December 25, 2019, 02:44:09 PM »

Your first 6 then Gurney Asp duzza and the highest finishing outsider in the worlds to reach semis or better.   If no one does that then probably Chis falls into the last spot.

Honestly think Chisnall this year has been class, hope he gets in ahead of gurney. I do want aspinall in there tho. Maybe Chisnall instead of wade
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: December 27, 2019, 09:41:47 AM »

Durrant at 4/7 is a gift, surely?

Great run at the matchplay and I think he has a decent shot at turning Gurney over and a potential L16 vs Dobey.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: December 27, 2019, 12:43:17 PM »

4/7?
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: December 27, 2019, 02:14:05 PM »

4/7?

4/7 4/7
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: December 27, 2019, 03:52:24 PM »

Dobey taking a dive?

Bound to be mooted if the lovely Fallon gets there.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: December 27, 2019, 08:51:03 PM »

Ian White, on merit and consistency he's a slam dunk deserving of a place, he's got the game for the PL too. Just dont see it happening for the Diamond I'm afraid.

Obviously as top 4 in the OOM are auto in, MVG, Rob Cross and Gerwyn are in, and as these three have near on swept the majors this yr they'll be the easiest three. I dont think it really matters which of Gary, Bully or Snakey end up as #4 I think all 3 of them easily get in anyway, despite none of them having all that stellar a year. Nathan Aspinall as a WSOD winner and the UK Open winner this year would have to be included for me, and Duzza despite no major finals has won tournaments as well as semi finals of the Matchplay, the Grand Slam and the Grand Prix, been thoroughly consistent and has a superstar hype around him as the 3x BDO champ will be unlikely not to be included for me.

MVG, Cross, Price, Smith, Anderson, Wright, Aspinall, Duzza - I'd have these as a fairly certain first 8 for now. Next question is how many full time people will there be, 9 or 10, we know there is a least 1 spot open and I think a few people have a solid enough claim on it. The 3 highest ranked players no involved in that list are Gurey #7, Wade #8 and Chizzy #9. For me, Chizzy would be the clear front runner from these 3 players, Gurney and Wade have the advantage of very strong PL campaigns in 2019 in their favour, but Chizzy has had comfortably the best year, and is in comfortably the best form, none of them have done much at all in the last couple of Majors and both out in round 3 of the WC, so there is probably cases for a couple of players in the pack behind to get a spot with a big WC run. Chris Dobey has made 2 major semi's this year and is in the L16 of the WC, his path to the Semi is going to be Duzza then likely Price (not ideal!) but if he pulls off a Semi, or even goes out in a barmstorming 1/4 final vs Gerwyn... could be time for Dobey to get the nod. I don't think de Zwaan has done enough this year without a semi+ at the worlds to justify a mention, same with Ratajski, on merit you'd have to have Ian White in ahead of all those 2.

Will they do the contenders again? No idea, the concept last year was players who had never really competed and to give them a shot, if so, will they have a completely fresh set and not include anyone from last year? Los of uncertainty around this - assuming they do it, I think there is a couple of very strong cases;

Willie O'Connor in Dublin for week 4 has to be absolutely nailed on.
Fallon Sherrock somewhere, probably Liverpool in week 6.
Nights 8 and 9 are both in Rotterdam, no idea if they will re-use JDZ but Danny Noppert and Jermaine Wattimena seem excellent candidates.
Ricky Evans is so entertaining he'll almost defo be in there, maybe Nottingham week 2.
Ryan Searle maybe for Exeter in week 5 after some good late yr form.
Joe Cullen really should get a go in this too, Newcastle week 7 I reckon.
Jonny Clayton for the Cardiff leg in week 3.

Gabriel Clemons, best performing German of 2019 should be included, if there was a German leg pre- judgement night he'd be a cert too, could potentially put him in week #1 in Aberdeen as no obvious Scottish contenders, Kryzstof Ratajski would be another deserving guy, could be another one for Aberdeen. Keegan Brown, Luke Woodhouse Jamie Hughes maybe for exeter.

My best prediction would be; (working on assumptions that they do pretenders and dont use anyone who appeared as a contender last year)

MVG
Price
Cross
Anderson
Smith
Wright
Aspinall
Durrant
Chizzy

Contenders;

Week 1 = Gabriel Clemons
Week 2 = Ricky Evans
Week 3 = Jonny Clayton
Week 4 = Willie O'Connor
Week 5 = Ryan Searle
Week 6 = Fallon Sherrock
Week 7 = Joe Cullen
Week 8 = Jermaine Wattimena
Week 9 = Danny Noppert

If they don't do the contenders, I reckon Dobey gets in there!

Tough ones to guess these!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: December 30, 2019, 02:17:22 AM »

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/12/29/2020-premier-league-feature-challengers

9 plus 9 contenders confirmed for 2020 PL.  Same format as last year.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: December 30, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »

Humphries didn’t do a lot wrong against Wright
Is world youth champ
Big 180 hitter
Get him in the PL!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: December 31, 2019, 01:38:28 PM »

BDO World Championship prize money 'reduced somewhat' after poor ticket sales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/50952382

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: December 31, 2019, 01:45:34 PM »

BDO World Championship prize money 'reduced somewhat' after poor ticket sales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/50952382

That all seems nice and clear then.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: December 31, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »

Fallon Sherrock: Briton pulls out of BDO Women's Championship

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/50955916

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: December 31, 2019, 05:57:09 PM »

Can't be a big shock, if she's off printing on the PDC tour next year.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: December 31, 2019, 09:02:07 PM »

Given they had moved to using her to attract punters over the last few days, then it must have been a surprise to them. 

The O2 can't be the cheapest big venue around, seems an absolute shambles.  It can't be great for the women's game either, given there is no PDC world champs for them.  Maybe they will run one next year now?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: January 01, 2020, 10:01:10 PM »

Chisnall should have been put in the PL over gurney
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: January 02, 2020, 08:54:34 AM »

Given they had moved to using her to attract punters over the last few days, then it must have been a surprise to them. 

The O2 can't be the cheapest big venue around, seems an absolute shambles.  It can't be great for the women's game either, given there is no PDC world champs for them.  Maybe they will run one next year now?

Think Hearn has always said it’s a level playing field hence why no separate champs for women. Always wondered if there is a reason why a man would be better at darts? Can’t think of anything physically. Maybe just opportunity? 
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: