blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  This forum is dying - discuss
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This forum is dying - discuss  (Read 41552 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »

yeh my bookmark is blondepoker.com/forum, which I think should be the homepage. The actual homepage must get little or no use.

Tractor is correct

I have severe problems getting hold of the single forum admin, which prevents me updating it and (in theory) doing a complete revamp with the help of DTD's designers

The access problems stem back to the site hack in the summer

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 03:13:20 PM »

agree with this.

whilst tips for tikay is obviously amazing, it kills the board for anybody who just wants to go and browse/chat about sports as so much to catch up on. LMS kinda shows this.

Absolutely no evidence to support this

In the last week nine new topics have started on the sports board, everything from jockeys to Di Matteo

A further 12 established threads have been posted on

The success of Tips 4 tikay to my mind does not affect the rest of the board at all..some sports discussion goes onto that thread but people still start new threads

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »

I spoke to Nirvana about this a couple of weeks ago. I believe the tie in with DTD is what's holding Blonde back. I know its a double edged sword and that Blonde need the sponsorship but there is definitely too much censorship.

I love DTD and I love Blonde but I can't see Blonde getting the depth and breadth back while its neck is being throttled.

Its neck is not being throttled!

The relationship with DTD goes back to 2006-07 when Rob diarised the battle he had to open the club

Personal relationships go back further than that

Upsides to the support of blonde by DTD and our access in there far outweigh any downsides (such as not updating other tours, and less coverage of things like the GPS)

My eyes are open wide
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 03:46:43 PM »

I spoke to Nirvana about this a couple of weeks ago. I believe the tie in with DTD is what's holding Blonde back. I know its a double edged sword and that Blonde need the sponsorship but there is definitely too much censorship.

I love DTD and I love Blonde but I can't see Blonde getting the depth and breadth back while its neck is being throttled.

Its neck is not being throttled!

The relationship with DTD goes back to 2006-07 when Rob diarised the battle he had to open the club

Personal relationships go back further than that

Upsides to the support of blonde by DTD and our access in there far outweigh any downsides (such as not updating other tours, and less coverage of things like the GPS)
any plans for Dtd to have a permenantly streamed table instead of just the final table?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »

Ah, the 'Blonde is dying' thread.

Comes round about as often as Chelsea managers.
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »

I would say that the forum users have been stream lined to the point where there are a higher proportion of active posters that are very much poker orientated, in that it's not just their passion but also their livelihood.

You're seeing more topics of discussion/diaries that revolve strictly around that - where as in the years past you had a broader range of characters whose interest in poker brought them together in a community, but as individuals their careers/other social activies encompassed a far broader spectrum than what you have now.

I don't think it has anything to do with the sponsorship. It's nice to know that blonde will be secure and maintained, and that they don't have to worry year to year how they will pay their overheads.

The Luton thread is quiet, too. I have interpreted it to mean that there isn't as much to complain about.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »

Think it's down to how cliquey it is and the heavy handed modding

sola virtus nobilitat
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »

thumbs up

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 04:02:54 PM »

I now expect a Borg like collective repsonse - honestly, Hitler's stormtroopers were never so cohesive

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 04:17:12 PM »

I would say that the forum users have been stream lined to the point where there are a higher proportion of active posters that are very much poker orientated, in that it's not just their passion but also their livelihood.

You're seeing more topics of discussion/diaries that revolve strictly around that - where as in the years past you had a broader range of characters whose interest in poker brought them together in a community, but as individuals their careers/other social activies encompassed a far broader spectrum than what you have now.

I don't think it has anything to do with the sponsorship. It's nice to know that blonde will be secure and maintained, and that they don't have to worry year to year how they will pay their overheads.

The Luton thread is quiet, too. I have interpreted it to mean that there isn't as much to complain about.

No results or league any more, so no daily update, ergo people don't check it any more. Shame tbh.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 04:19:59 PM »

I have no comments on heavy handed modding because I have never experienced it. But do you really think Blonde is cliquey?

From my perspective, I started posting on Blonde on a semi-regular basis a little over a year ago. At that point I did not really know who anyone was on Blonde, and tbh I still don't know most people. But I have always felt welcome when I have posted. I am not part of the in-crowd (if there is one), but I don't feel I am being left out of anything or that there is some sort of clique. Perhaps I just don't care about such things and therefore just don't see that there is an issue, even if it might upset others. But I personally find the forum pretty outward-facing, and a breathe of fresh air compared to some other forums.

Similar with Honeybadger/Alex diary, people like to speak about topics, if there is a topic in a thread title its more inviting to post.
Hmmm... this is something I had never really considered. And since I am planning to start writing a few big long posts in my thread next month (now things have settled down with the new arrival), I should maybe think about this a little. My thread is definitely not a diary - I started it as a place for me to write about random stuff that I have an opinion about. But I can definitely see how some interesting topics could be 'lost' within a long thread, and would hence be inaccessible to new members. Has anybody got any ideas for solutions to this?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »

Blimey. Only Page 3 and Godwin's Law invoked already.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »

I have no comments on heavy handed modding because I have never experienced it. But do you really think Blonde is cliquey?

Well, yes, I do, it just is.

You could throw a blanket over the number of people who actually post with any kind of regularity.

Countless interesting people worth reading don't seem to post here anymore.

In the last 12 months I can probably only instantly recall 2 people who have become relatively active and interesting posters and you are one of them

In many ways, this is of course fine - Tikay & Tighty have stats that show everything is OK - I only have a minor vested interest in the sense that one of my reading entertainments is less entertaining than it once was

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »

Blimey. Only Page 3 and Godwin's Law invoked already.

It's too tempting and just too easy :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »

yeh my bookmark is blondepoker.com/forum, which I think should be the homepage. The actual homepage must get little or no use.

Tractor is correct

I have severe problems getting hold of the single forum admin, which prevents me updating it and (in theory) doing a complete revamp with the help of DTD's designers

The access problems stem back to the site hack in the summer

Ah i see, so since the hack you all lost your your admin rights and now only the web admin has the login details & ftp information?
I was wondering a while ago why Blonde had not used DTD's web guys to get the site together as I am sure it could work really well and encourage new visitors & forum members.

I presume Bongo is/was the web admin and as gone awol?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: