blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 03:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272970 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde poker 2012 advent calendar
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde poker 2012 advent calendar  (Read 113976 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 18, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »

I only really know Marky via his entry into the blonde NFL league but I liked the fact that he took on a 'co-manager' and then left him to do all the work!

Congrats on the entry!  Looking forward to sharplea's reply on your behalf!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 18, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »

Top, top selection.  I've known Marky since he was about 12 I think, strange twist of fate that his old man used to own a snooker club where I was bought up and I played a lot when I was younger and away games at Mickys club and the annual Southill v Dorchester snooker club games were legendary.  Anyway, by some strange twist of logic that the order of evolution goes snooker - punting - poker - degeneracy as a life cycle, met Marky again years later after he had left the navy.

Basically, everything that has been said here.  Totally selfless, always offering to help whether its hotel information, flights - gets involved in everything (and I mean everything) and is also really supportive to his parents and a good son....all against the backdrop of dealing with an illness which he never moans about a tad

And yes complete degen...as him about the Man U v Newcastle semi at Cardiiff, on second thoughts don't.

My fav advent entry so far; just thoroughly deserved.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: December 18, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »

V fun seeing pictures of people whose posts you've read loads, and yet you have absolutely not idea what they look like.

Hello Vegas thread helper man  thumbs up

V helpful thread, have linked alot of people to it.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 18, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »

V fun seeing pictures of people whose posts you've read loads, and yet you have absolutely not idea what they look like.

Admit it, I was better looking than you imagined.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: December 18, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »

He must have a vivid imagination Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 18, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »

[ ] You have a lot of hair Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 18, 2012, 04:29:29 PM »

Wow, I really wasn't expecting this, but an honour to be in such esteemed company with so many heroes!!

Was a member here for a long time before I started posting anywhere other than update threads, but I'm glad I did because  it's a great place and I have met so many legends through Blonde!!

Horrible pics Tighty, but a stroll down memory lane.... The first one is from the European Classic in 2006 at the Vic, which coincidentally was the first time I had the pleasure of meeting Tikay when he was doing interviews/presenting for 865!

My degenerate days have ceased for multiple reasons since the Summer, but reading the last few posts has certainly had me chuckling to myself in front of the computer....

Cheers again everyone for all the kind words and merry xmas  thumbs up

PS.....

If I had a pound for every 'why don't you walk?' or 'what are you doing parked there?' I would be a very rich man Guy Grin

Thai Whiskey must be strong Amatay.... I've never been to Thailand m8, but I know the little episode you're referring to and it's definitely not a story for the public domain!

Regarding the NFL, we have had a couple brief Skype chats Curtis Smiley Normally regarding my inability to know if we're getting trade raped and I normally have to check with Jones. Luckily Adam knows what he's doing and I hate to think how badly things would have gone had I taken the reins alone!!

Southill - Dorch were the days, as for Cardiff/Swansea... again not one for public viewing Shaun Wink

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: December 18, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

I was pretty much just thinking who the fk is this massive guy in fancy dress telling me he posts on blonde. I just smiled and nodded. :p
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 18, 2012, 04:34:01 PM »

I was pretty much just thinking who the fk is this massive guy in fancy dress telling me he posts on blonde. I just smiled and nodded. :p

I was thinking who is this angle shooting lizard looking muva sucker, kid's got a nice hat though.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: December 18, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »

[ ] You have a lot of hair Wink

I can buy a wig/hat Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: December 18, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »

I was thinking who is this angle shooting lizard looking muva sucker, kid's got a nice hat though.

roooofl

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:46:03 PM by titaniumbean » Logged
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 18, 2012, 06:09:03 PM »

Regarding the NFL, we have had a couple brief Skype chats Curtis Smiley Normally regarding my inability to know if we're getting trade raped and I normally have to check with Jones. Luckily Adam knows what he's doing and I hate to think how badly things would have gone had I taken the reins alone!!

I can't think of anyone in the league who'd try something as shameful as attempted trade rape 

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 18, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »

I can't think of anyone in the league who'd try something as shameful as attempted trade rape 

I couldn't either and that was the problem Grin

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 19, 2012, 09:59:43 AM »

behind door number 19...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 19, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »

A father and son post on blonde. One, on the felt, has by common consent improved considerably through this year and that has been seen in a series of recent wins at DTD. The other, one fluke result in Deauville apart, is mired in a non-career as one part of a Ted and Ralph from the Fast Show tribute act

Ian Gascoigne

Ed "Ted and Ralph" Gascoigne, on the right

Watching Ian on the forum this year has been fun. A successful high-up in the City, who has been very helpful to blonde over the last couple of years particularly with sponsorship of live updates last year, he has gone from (no joking) being unable to use an I-Pad and therefore not being able to post on blonde to someone who posts regularly with a fine line in self-deprecating humour. He has also emerged as a poker commentator of repute. So he says.

This despite the disappointment of being overlooked for the Olympic Opening ceremony. Here he was practicing for the Redgrave role

Click to see full-size image.

Ed is, befitting his job with Betfair, very helpful on the Betting threads and manages to hide the pain of his own poker deficiencies, as well as his unrequited love for the fella on his right in the picture above, by ribbing his Dad mercilessly on the forum

He also was responsible for possibly the most original quiz we've had on blonde this year, which provided hours of amusement. Mainly at his Dad's expense.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59365.0

Here he is in a more conventionally dressed moment

Click to see full-size image.

Both are a breath of fresh air on the forum, good guys who don't take life too seriously and are great fun on here.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: