blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:09:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Your 2012 of poker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your 2012 of poker  (Read 12352 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »

2012 went OK for me.

Sufered the biggest equity beat of my life in November, but had a ball getting to be in position to lose it and was in a great place to get over it.

2013 goals in formulation but one has to be a Herbieflag at a venue that isn't DTD.

you cashed  twice in st kitts does that not count or do you consider that as still  dtd ?

I did didn't I?  Smiley

Still says DTD on the Hendon Mob Page though. Good to have a niche flag, but the fact remains that all of my results have been with DTD chips and on tables with DTD on them.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
h

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 02:00:24 PM »

2012 went OK for me.

Sufered the biggest equity beat of my life in November, but had a ball getting to be in position to lose it and was in a great place to get over it.

2013 goals in formulation but one has to be a Herbieflag at a venue that isn't DTD.

you cashed  twice in st kitts does that not count or do you consider that as still  dtd ?

I did didn't I?  Smiley

Still says DTD on the Hendon Mob Page though. Good to have a niche flag, but the fact remains that all of my results have been with DTD chips and on tables with DTD on them.

put your name down for apat  blonde forum team you could have that one ticked off in january
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »

2012 went OK for me.

I did didn't I?  Smiley

put your name down for apat  blonde forum team you could have that one ticked off in january

Luton? That's miles away!

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 03:56:34 PM »

2012 went OK for me.

Choice Terminology   Smiley
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »

2012 went OK for me.

I did didn't I?  Smiley

Luton? That's miles away!
You would like Luton.

Get your name on the list sir.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 12:20:02 AM »

Had a 6 figure score, still managed to do absolute chunks. Losing the 3 biggest pots i've ever played in the same 2 days in Jan didn't set me up too well....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:48 AM »

Survived it without troubling the scorers unduly, but this time next year...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »

Playing less and less online as the year progressed and gradually improved on the number of live games as my health got better. A £20k score towards the end of the year, a few small ones plus blinking a St Kitts trip made it a non too shabby year but tbh health first- poker second at the mo

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 03:28:28 AM »

Hmm Playing poker - those were the days!!!!

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 12:00:25 AM »

a decent year financially with wins in january & december; march through october was pretty bleak though & it's sobering to think that with a sample size of just ninety or so live comps a different turn card or two could totally alter the bottom line.
have been struggling with my appetite for the game for a while now & really hope i can find a way to get the hunger back, it's such a crucial part of being a winning player; i see & recognise it in the mitch/alex gang & used to have bucket loads of it myself, just need to figure out where i left it 
initial goals for 2013 are to be fitter & happier with a more professional work ethic on & off the tables.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 02:27:46 AM »

Done absolute chunks on line; worst downswing ever - went from 99.8% plus OPR to one of the biggest fish on earth and worst 15% of players in world on stars. Five figures. A small profit on micro gaming under the joekinnear run good alias.

Covered most of it off live with two decent finals and some low stakes donkament wins and staking thanks to Shallow and Brammer, for a break even year.

Did some work as well which was meant to be positive EV
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 05:55:12 AM »

Just plain shit. Spent all fkn year working cos it's hard to get time off and the one juicy event I played I got a lovely stack and played a hand like a dick!

Spent the last 5 days listening to test match special and am now ready for 2013! WPT Dublin here we come. If England can win in India anything can happen.

I really enjoyed reading Blonde this year though. So thank you all.

Al

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »

2012 - Live tournies shit, although probably only played donked a dozen or so. No online to mention. Live PLO played 7 times won 5 times, broke even 1 and lost 1. Still in profit for the year thankfully.
2013 - Keep donking the monthly deepstacks where poss. Play more live PLO where I've been a consistant winner for the last 8 years.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:33:34 PM by bobAlike » Logged

Ah! The element of surprise
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »

First ever non profit year and also never been up at any stage in the year Sad

Only down 6k total and only played 40 comps with an abi of about £200 though so can't complain too much.

Bring on 2013!!!!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 05:36:13 PM »

2012  donked 5 fig br again Sad
Prob lost online
Won live
Super down roulette

No more roulette Smiley
Win every tourney in Manchester at least three times
Hopefully get a trophy
And play more within br