blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:36:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD  (Read 55507 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »

One thing that isn't clear is how the guarantee would be distributed. Is it split between each buy in or all available to the £25 players?

Assume it has to be split otherwise they need 200 runners every Thursday.

Only thing I don't like about it is that I won't be able to play. Can't make Thursdays Sad

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »

I get the conecpt and think a good idea - its jus the payout bit I need a bit more explanation on - totally get it for the winner, but if a £25 player wins is the £50 and £100 rolled down to next highest?  So ytou could finished 2nd in the overall tourne, however pick up the "1st place" extra from the £100 tourne? 

Exactly. Everyone plays the £25 comp and the £50 and £100 players are basically in their own last longers. The £100 players are obviously in the £50 last longer as well.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »

I get the conecpt and think a good idea - its jus the payout bit I need a bit more explanation on - totally get it for the winner, but if a £25 player wins is the £50 and £100 rolled down to next highest?  So ytou could finished 2nd in the overall tourne, however pick up the "1st place" extra from the £100 tourne? 

Make it simple and say there are 10 players in the comp.

5 entered with £25
3 entered with £50
2 entered with £100

If one of the £100 players is the first player to go out, then the other £100 player finishes in '1st place' for that prizepool (with 2x£50 in it) no matter when he goes out now.

If the £100 player manages to get heads up and loses to a £25 player then:

£25 player win the £25 prizepool
£100 player wins the £50 prizepool and £100 prizepool and gets second place in the £25 prizepool.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »

Seems to me like the icm considerations become a complete unknown if you don't know what peoPle are in and playing for?!!?

Let alone what you are playing for?

Prize pools get updated in running?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pistolopete
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »

Anything new is good to keep the recreational players coming in. But yeah I assume that they are going to have to display the amount of people left in each prize pool because you could get in some pretty sick ICM spots where you have to outlast the people in your prizepool.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »

One thing that isn't clear is how the guarantee would be distributed. Is it split between each buy in or all available to the £25 players?

Assume it has to be split otherwise they need 200 runners every Thursday.

Only thing I don't like about it is that I won't be able to play. Can't make Thursdays Sad

Yes, how the guarantee would work isn't clear. If there's only one entry in the £100 prizepool does that comp/prizepool still run, and if so, does it have a guarantee?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »

I'd also assume that every player has a card or chip in front of them indicating their level of prizepool entry (well, all the £50 and £100 players, everyone's in the £25 by default).

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 06:42:01 PM »

I like it but it will take some getting used to.

I'd assume players will have a card on display at all times denoting their buy-ins level? (Lol @ not reading post above)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Fluence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 06:43:44 PM »

This looks like a very clever idea. On the whole I really like the sound of it.

Will create some interesting dynamics/fun when a £25 player can "bully" a £100 player who is on the prize-pool 3 money bubble!

Could create some deliberate slow play (or 2 additional hand for hands) when pool 3 and 2 bubble.

Regards mixing £25 and £100 players in the same comp. Having more money doesn't always mean you have more sense or ability and often the best player at the table is the first to bust out.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »

This works in theory but i can see so many stupid problems. Going to be terrible icm wise for the most expensive field. So -ev for the high rollers.

I can see so many problems that have been mentioned so far, just can't see it reallly. I hope it works, should be fun.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:53:52 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:43 PM »

Hi Guys

We are really excited about this new concept which we will be exclusively offering, promoting and developing at Dusk Till Dawn.

We have been working on MPP with Roberto for most of 2012 preparing it for patent and trademark while working out the best way to run it from an operational point of view. As you can imagine, from a systems point of view running 3 tournaments in one and linking 3 payouts is not simple to do. Our tournament system is one of the best i have seen with its ability to run 5 seperate events simultaneously but there is so much more required to run 3 events simultaneously as one. The programme is currently being rewritten with intention to launch with a big MPP event late Feb / early March.

In the meantime we are going to start with a soft launch in January where we will run the event using 3 tournament screens to show the 3 prizepools, players remaining in each, places paid and prizes.

Where we see this leading is huge guarantees that will benefit all bankrolls eg we would normally guarantee a £500 Deepstack at £100,000, whereas with an MPP event we could have £250 / £500 / £1000 buy ins and a minimum £250,000 guaranteed.

Like all new ideas there will be many questions to answer and i will try to give accurate replies but there are some areas that won't become clear until we actually run it in the club eg the %age of players in each prizepool.

I welcome all questions and feedback whether positive or negative and look forward to our very first MPP event on Thursday Jan 10th.

As this concept develops and we learn we may need to make changes that hadn't been realised.

Cheers and a happy Xmas

ACES
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:30:04 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 07:03:41 PM »

Simon, have you worked out how the guarantee will work across the three prizepools?

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 07:19:16 PM »

This works in theory but i can see so many stupid problems. Going to be terrible icm wise for the most expensive field. So -ev for the high rollers.

I can see so many problems that have been mentioned so far, just can't see it reallly. I hope it works, should be fun.

I can't decide if the ICM considerations make it more interesting or if they hamper the highest stake players too much in the main tournament.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »

Interesting concept.  I'm guessing no deals!

That's a good one to start Smiley

If we have guaranteed an MPP event for more than £50,000 and one of the pools exceeds this there can be no deal on that pool but any under £50,000 can deal.

Cheers

ACES

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »

Will it be obvious who is in at which level?

Everyone is playing pool 1 so the information for that event will be available as usual, the other prizepoolds will show how many left so if you are in it you will know when the theoretical bubble is.

Cheers

ACES

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: